What Do You Do For A Living?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Eavesdrop, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

And rather popular with others with cameras

Peter Barnett likes this.
  2. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

Retired now, was an engineer supporting the space program. I enjoyed it because I worked with great people.

3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

NASA needs more space-cadets, and women for Mars.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

That should put you on the list for the first round of covid vaccinations.
    Don't forget to chase it up, the last thing that you need is a pathogenic bacterial infection in your lungs.

5. wilsjane

I think the people who you work with and the shared respect is one of the most important things in life.
    Even working as a cleaner for NASA would give some job satisfaction, while cleaning the trash all over the place at Walmart would be soul destroying.

6. wooleeheron

When the Berlin wall fell, 11 million Soviet Jews made their way to Israel. They had physicists working as street sweepers.

7. wilsjane

I bet the streets were clean and they did not spend all day complaining. I have huge respect for the Jews and their way of life. The companies they own in the UK generally produce quality goods and they treat their staff well.
    In 1939, with the help of American money, they constructed the war factories that went on to build the American dream.
    Then along came a succession of stupid greedy presidents who made a good job of wrecking it all.

8. wilsjane

America and Russia.

How most of the world lives.

9. wooleeheron

People brought to the edge of genocide demand even their street sweepers exceed their personal limits. You can call the Jews whatever you want, but wimps they are not. However, religion is all about money, and not people, and half of Israel is Muslim. My own work indicates that if you can't be a good neighbor, then money is a good substitute for most people. The trick is to change the world economy, and the chickens will follow the corn wherever it leads.

10. wilsjane

Do you agree with me that the enemy of word economy is China.
    We import from them, but their is no reciprocal trade. As a result, they are forced to invest our payments in the UK, resulting in them owning 30% of London property and many of our major companies. One thing that concerns me, is that they now own the vast majority of our media, so if I wrote an article similar to this post, it would never be published and Mr Ying Wang would have been the person who filed it in the dustbin. :(

11. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Come join the club matey, I've had FIVE Pulmonary Emboli - my lungs are not that clever any more !!!

12. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Been in it 18 months to long, but they do say its two years to recover it just fucks lives up and mine as well, time to start looking for a new life as there must be away out of this hell.

13. wooleeheron

The US has been importing more than it exports since the 1970s. All roads lead to Rome, and the idea there is anything fair about trade is a joke, when you routinely dictate who can export anything and the dollar underscores the entire world economy.

My work involves making the economy organic, by making people the standard. You can debate economics all you want, but when you can tie them directly to the birth and mortality rates its a different thing altogether.

wilsjane likes this.
  14. Maturemale

Maturemale Members

Retired Truck driver ,

Rocket73 likes this.
  15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Forester….Economist…..Geography Professor…..all done working now. Each change required an additional education input, including the last one.

scratcho likes this.
  16. Maturemale

Maturemale Members

I had to retire way back in 2008, because of a Massive Heart Attack , along with a Quadruple By- Pass and six stents four months later, But now it is 2021 i am still here after being brought back in 2017 from having a another heart test done, it only makes about five times now being brought back in my life , Go figure ,

17. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

:grin::grin::grin: Welcome to the club matey. I'm bionic - have metal hips and metal knees amongst other 'health issues' (which is why I describe myself as an ancient decrepit crinkly) - it's good 'ere innit !!!

Maturemale likes this.
  18. dkcurious

dkcurious Senior Member

I work matenance/front deskmclerk at a hotel.

19. Betterelectric

Betterelectric Members

I make radio commercials. The pay is decent and the hours are great! Work with a bunch of weirdos and that's cool for me. DJ's are a strange breed!

20. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Been freewheeling the past decade or so but I'm thinking I may get back into the material handling systems instalation & repairs, maybe for a few years anyway but then I've been thinking of late that gunsmithing is probably next on my to-do list as I've developed a fondness for revolvers lately and think I've got a good conceptual design for a barrel boring jig I could power with a cordless drill in the event a 3/4+ HP motor didn't make itself available and spend under $200 to build.