What Do You Believe

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by honeyhannah, May 11, 2004.

1. memo

memo Member

It must be lonely up there on the pedestal. :)

2. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

Memo..

Actually.. im under a leaf. With the bugs and shit.. nice. Can smell green.
    But i dont sleep in leaves and dirt..I have a bed..Only fool sleeps in leaves when he has a bed 30 feet away.
    [or a drunk who fell down]

People that say they sleep in dirt but post on the www have a pedestal.
    It's called 'the lonely avatar of freedom with Wi-Fi and $200 shoes'

Occam

3. memo

memo Member

It's not possible to do both? I know folks that live in tents under the overpass with wifi. Thoreau never advicated abondoning society or technology, only peacefully coexisting with society and technology without over-reliance. The internet is a nice luxury and I enjoy having the world's information available at the click of the button but I use it to gather ideas on how to live the way I described earlier. Right now, living like that is not feasible in my situation so it's fun to experiment with it as often as I can. The only reason I say you're on a pedestal is because you come across as some kind of internet guru that has the world figured out. If you're nothing like that then I'm sorry I have misjudged you. Either way I wish you the best in life friend with whatever path you take.

Also, where did you get $200 shoes from? I'm wearing $3 moccasins from the thrift store. :)

4. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

Not taking sides here, but that is fucking hillarious!

It's ironic, but the internet is a good source of information for those who want to evade technology. And the feasibility of such a life style choice is a matter of degree. Baby steps. You'll get there as will I if I live long enough, lol. Maybe if we think really hard we can build a wi-fi connection out of a tree.

I initially came to a similiar conclusion about the pedestal, I mean the man comes across as downright arrogant, right? However, I quickly came to my senses. I mean, what better way to engage someone than to prod their ego?

The answer to the existental questions are subjective. There's no definitive answer, but if you juggle it around hard enough in your head, it sometimes helps to break the cob webs loose, so you can answer the questions that are relavant to your reality. Hallucinogens are a good way to facilitate the process.

[​IMG]

5. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I believe in myself.

6. PlacidPete

PlacidPete Member

oow true believer there ^

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe we all have invisible friends. i believe there are more kinds of unseen things then i can ever imagine or anyone ever has. i believe not that there has to be nor has to not be anything seen or unseen, but rather that we can and do experience things we don't have to pretend to know anything about in order to.

i also believe none of them have to have anything to do with creating us nor our surroundings nor with our subsiquent lives. i believe it is also quite possible that while some or even many of them might wish to be our personal friends, few if any of these, have any slightest desire to be worshiped.

=^^=
    .../\...

8. Tina1025

Tina1025 Member

I guess i believe in God but i dont believe in different religion... PLAIN AND SIMPLE...

9. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

;)

Occam

10. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

lol. why not.. someone has to

Occam

11. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

I see what you mean about invisible friends, but I think of it more in terms of manifesting itself as collective consciousness.

12. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

Tina

Different to what?
    If you meant 'different religionS'

Then i agree.. God does not take sides.
    It organises.. It does not judge.

Occam

13. Tina1025

Tina1025 Member

Razorofoccam

Yes I meant different religions. I agree.. God does not take sides. God ALSO doesn’t tell you to fast, by not eating meat on a certain days will make the sins go away, go to temple or church everyday and pray ten times a day, etc. Those are all religious beliefs. People who do those types of things every day are not necessarily “good” or “religious” people. If those people go out and talk shyt about other people, or treat other human being unfairly are just as bad as people who doesn’t fast or go to church or temple everyday....To me believing in god is to be honest, to not talk shyt behind people’s back, to not make fun of fat, short, tall, skinny, white, black, brown, poor, wealthy, ugly, pretty people...

14. naomi08

naomi08 Member

I believe and know for a fact God is real come on this world wasnt created by a big bang when a explosion goes off it doesnt create anything it destroys. Look at the world obvisley there is a creator that created all of it and us. God does tell us how to live our lifes but it is for the best if you look at the ten commanments they are good way for people to live their lifes but people tend to do the opposite and ruin their lifes and dont listen to God how selfish can they be after all they wouldnt be here if it wasnt for him. I kind of believe in recarnation even though the bible says its not real but mybe their is no such thing as recarnation mybe someones just pocessed of the person who died or mybe they just have dreams about it and think it is there past lifes but it is not it is someone elses. Things like religion and supernatural are unexplainable. However I dont agree with catholic religion and my reason for this is because te bible says we are all sinners and catholics go to priests who are just normal men to ask them for forgiveness how can a man who is a sinner himself forgive another sinner? I think only God can forgive sins after all he is God he is not a sinner therefore he can forgive sins but a sinner cannot forgive a sinner.

15. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

What do explosions destroy? While they destroy one thing, they create another. I think you'll find that most people that have studied it (not me so much) will tell you that the Big Bang was not as much an explosion as an expansion.

I think that as you go through life you will find that the answers to the questions are not as clear as you may now think they are.

16. naomi08

naomi08 Member

Well the Darwin theroy is a lot of shit I know so because before he died he read the Bible then got saved so tis just proves he made it all up.

17. naomi08

naomi08 Member

People say God isnt real cuz we cant see him
    We cant see the wind but we feel its there tats how we no its real
    it is the exact same with God and christians we cant
    see him but we know he's there cause we can feel his presence
    I think you can only feel his presence if you have faith obvisley if you
    dont believe you cant feel a presence

18. memo

memo Member

This isn't true. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hope.html

You've got many roads to travel...

I wish you the best.

19. naomi08

naomi08 Member

Well he admitted to someone that just made it all up for money and publicity.

20. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

Where did you come up with this?