What Do Women Want in a Man

Discussion in 'Ask a Woman' started by Eric!, May 8, 2023.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Question for women to answer: What is your idea of an attractive man these days- what is it that you look for, and desire us to be?

Moon Goddess likes this.
  2. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

Every woman has their own ideals, I'm sure, so I can't speak for them but for me I want someone who genuinely doesn't lie, not just someone that tells me they don't lie. I don't care if they think they are protecting me or just not wanting any conflict, I want the truth in everything. Yeah, it might upset me sometimes but that is so much better than being lied to. I'm not just talking about the big lies that should never be told but all the little ones too. He shouldn't lie about his interests and the things that he likes or doesn't like just to appease me. If I am asking for his opinion on something, I am genuinely interested in what he thinks, he should just tell me. As you can see, lying is my biggest pet peeve.

I want someone that can love me exactly as I am without trying to change me but who also, just by their presence in my life makes me a better person and who, in turn, wants to be a better person when they are around me as well. I want someone who I can love exactly as they are, someone who knows who they are and is willing to be vulnerable enough to show me their true self instead of fabricating a facade to try and connect with me only for me to be hurt and disappointed later when they stop trying to be someone they never really were in the first place.

I want someone who will give me as much love, attention, and effort as I give them. Someone who can actually handle all of the love, attention and effort I pour into a relationship, lol. I want someone I can feel safe with. Someone who will allow me to be my true self, without judgment, without trying to hold me back or thinking I'm too much.

I want someone who will introduce me to their friends and family and encourage interaction between us, not isolate me. I tend to be introverted and I isolate myself sometimes, I don't need someone that is going to reinforce that tendency by actively trying to keep me in the shadows.

I want someone with a sense of humor, who will get my jokes and laugh with me. Someone who will see me dancing in the rain and won't hesitate to come and join me. I want to be able to bring out the best in him but I also want him to feel secure enough in our relationship not to hide the worst of himself from me.

I want someone that can make a promise and who will do everything he possibly can to keep it. If he doesn't know if he can actually do the thing he is about to say he will do, he should be wise enough to say so, instead of insisting he can do it and then never following through. This is another huge thing for me. I want someone I can rely on.

It should go without saying but I also want someone who is not sexist, misogynistic, bigoted, prejudice, or homophobic.

Men often think that women care more about what they look like, how big their dick is, how much money they have, what kind of car they drive...I am sure there are some superficial women that will only look at those things and disregard anyone who doesn't meet whatever their standards are...but for me, it's more about who he is as a person, if we have a real connection, and how we (not just me) feel when we interact. Even if I am really into a guy and he seems to have all the qualities I have talked about, if I don't get the feeling that he is as interested in me as I am in him...then there is no point in continuing. I don't want someone I feel I have to chase.

Poor hygiene is a deal breaker though. I don't mind a man that gets dirty, as long as he gets clean afterward too, lol. :D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  3. 6Sailor9

6Sailor9 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well described!! Thank you! I agree!!

Moon Goddess likes this.
  4. Eric!

Holy smokes, sis!! Thank you for such a wonderful and in-depth response to the question I posted!! What you want in a man is very genuine and not very demanding- at all.

RIJACO, Bazz888, scratcho and 2 others like this.
  5. Moon Goddess

Your welcome. :blush: Hopefully you get some more answers to your question.

scratcho, 6Sailor9 and Eric! like this.
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Moon Goddess----you are truly a fine human being! Beautiful description. :):)

7. Eric!

Ok

8. OceanStar

OceanStar Member

For me it's a guy who is reliable, kind, sensitive and who just let's me be me without trying to change me.

My partner ticks all those boxes for me so I'm happy! :)

scratcho, Ybcican, 6Sailor9 and 2 others like this.
  9. Eric!

Great and very insightful responses- much appreciated for the participation thus far. I only wished that you ladies would go on a show like “The View” and share your thoughts with other women who think that material things are the highest priority, above all things. How a guy looks, how much money he makes, “what can he do for me” mentality. Also, some women don’t bring those things you mentioned to the relationship. It would be nice if they did :).

RIJACO, 6Sailor9 and OceanStar like this.
  10. OceanStar

OceanStar Member

I hear people talk about things like that on TV but I've never heard a woman in real life say it. But then I don't dig shallow people so maybe I'm just not around those types that much!

Eric! likes this.
  11. Eric!

I unfortunately see them (shallow folks), everywhere, every day. I don’t hang out with them but I see and hear them in passing and it’s sickening.

RIJACO likes this.
  12. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Something sharp and pointy?

Eric! likes this.
  13. Eric!

Lmao!!!

IMG_2867.gif

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  14. Moon Goddess

I've never actually seen the view. Lol

There are just as many men that have the same sort of list of criteria for what they want in a woman. People need to stop judging "most men" and "most women" by the things they see sensationalized in media. People with healthy relationship views don't get good ratings all that much, just because all you ever see are shallow or toxic people (both men and women) does not mean that they are the majority. I think there are lots of good people operating under false assumptions about the opposite sex. If you expect to only find people like that, then that's all you will ever find.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The axiom in the newsrooms is "if it bleeds , it leads," which also means that the toxic people that Moon Goddess references are BIG NEWS. The more sensational, the longer it stays in the news. Witness one Donald J. Trump for example.

RIJACO likes this.
  16. queenmspretty_x

queenmspretty_x Angel of the Heavenly Host

What do women want in a man? Are you asking what my type is? That could be interpreted. I like men who wear muscle tees and have a tan, are tall, have their shit together. I must say that women probably want men that compliment them. Haha - compliment her with words and also a man who looks good with her and seems to balance her out. I think women also want their man to be wealthy and educated and obvious father material. But you know what there are all types of types in the game of love, so I could be wrong.

Eric! likes this.
  17. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

I like nice men who don't lie to me. A friend who respect my freedom as I'd respect his.

Someone who doesn't use drugs and who doesn't drink more than two, or three small alcohol units a week.

For the looks, no moustache, beard, nor goatees. No tatoos, nor piercing.

RIJACO, 6Sailor9 and Redwingsfan like this.
  18. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan I’m just having a fun crazy time

I’d hope that’s me lol I don’t do drugs and drink very rarely. No beard or tats and no piercings and I’m hopefully as honest as they come

RIJACO and 6Sailor9 like this.
  19. I have just read the post from Moon Godess " Every woman has their own ideals etc" and I am in tears. Why ? Because what she describes is exactly what I have with Robby.
    I am SO f**king lucky. [Have to get a tissue now and give him a big kiss]
    Nicky x

20. Moon Goddess

Awe, I am so happy for you and it gives me hope that I might find it someday too. :blush: