What do guys think about Waiting Til Marriage

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by WTM1987, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What she is really doing here is testing the waters

She, from various sources, was told to hang on to her V card until someone puts a ring on it

Wants to see if most guys are still going to fall for it now she is 30, the answer is noooooo

And it wasnt jesus that told her to do that, it was her mom, aunts, sisters, girlfriends.....overprotective dad and brothers maybe as well

Her "personal conviction" - you think she worked her ass off to put herself through University, build a career in the meantime?

Eric! and Kerri like this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats very vague man, you sure you havent been led the whole time subconsciously by something, ARE YOU SURE?

(And no, I am not implying anything about the same sex AT ALL, because I already know what that something is)

You say your girlfriend is a virgin, would she even have gotten to be a your girlfriend if she told you she wasnt a virgin?

You are 40, dating a girl in her 20s and not having sex.....what happens when other 40 something guys see that? Are you sure you are just not the bait?

Guys, especially amongst themselves, most dont say shit like "sexual compatibilty in a relationship"

Both you and AT, you are kind of fooling most guys in a way because they never really pay much attention / dont give a shit. But if you think you are fooling the ladies........you think you are fooling the ladies because they never really bother saying anything, correcting you

Oi

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If she begins a story about her bicycle-------

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I can see that. As most marriages appear based on lust in the name of love.

5. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I guess I was vague, wasn't I? Booze can do that, my apologies, lol.

Anyway, if you're implying that I've been influenced by some sort of religious teachings, then no I haven't. Hey, I've been a horny virgin out to get laid in my teens. But that changed when I was no longer a teen and was still a virgin. It was like a sudden realization that losing virginity didn't have to mean it had to happen ASAP. I'd rather lose it with someone who I felt was right for me, than with just random someone simply because they were readily available.

And of course she would have been my girlfriend if she wasn't a virgin. I've had girlfriends who weren't virgins in the past. That's not even an issue.

Why would I be a bait? My girlfriend and I would have been having sex already under a different circumstance. We both already want that, but we've been having life's interceptions, so to speak. I'm not going to get into what those are since I don't want to get into the details(private matters, you know).

I hear guys say "sexual compatibility in a relationship", among other compatible elements, pretty often. Just saying.

At any rate, I don't understand why all this has to mean Adamskiffle and I are fooling others. Why is being a virgin fooling people? And why do we even need being corrected simply for being virgins?

Total Darkness likes this.
  6. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Guys, especially amongst themselves, most dont say shit like "sexual compatibilty in a relationship"

Both you and AT, you are kind of fooling most guys in a way because they never really pay much attention / dont give a shit. But if you think you are fooling the ladies........you think you are fooling the ladies because they never really bother saying anything, correcting you

Oi[/QUOTE]

What exactly are we fooling people about exactly, lol.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why would you be bait? Seriously.

Other 40 something guys. See you 40 with her 20, think oh, she likes older guys, has daddy issues.

I wonder what kind if things she says when they approach her when you are not around

She: Giggles, oh he's still a virgin
    He: gives a smouldering look "oh, so its been a while then" wink

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I honestly think that most guys would be somewhere between suspicious and annoyed that their perspective mate was a virgin at age 30. I imagine that it adds a certain pretense to sex: an expectation that sex has to be special and meaningful.

Unless, of course, they were also Christians who had decided to save themselves (but even then, how many men actually do that?). It's cool that you have convictions that you care about, but really, what is the point of hanging on to your virginity? There is a lot of moral bankruptcy in the world, and there are more important things to devote your time and energy to.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sounds like a good way to end up committed to a very unhappy relationship to me.
    on the other paw of course, anything that can lower the human birthrate isn't all bad.

10. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Now you've started to make this thread corss over with the other one:

https://www.hipforums.com/forum/threads/whats-wrong-with-having-daddy-issues.483502/

But that aside, do the opinions of other older men, virgins or not, even matter where the happiness shared by my girlfriend and me is concerned? For that matter, the OP should do what her heart tells her to do. I've known 30 year old female virgins who have remained virgins for religious reasons. Some of them are actually beautiful, many of them personable. Like I said in my original reply, I can't really do the religion thing and thus I have difficulty perceiving them as potential romantic partners. But that doesn't mean men who share the similar values and backgrounds as these women, the OP included, won't. It has happened. No big deal.

My girlfriend doesn't talk about my virginity, nor her own, with some random men, and especially while giggling. She is reserved that way. And even if she talked about it, what's the big deal? She's telling the truth, and it's not like I desperately try to hide the fact that I'm a virgin.

11. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I don't think I ever want tog et married... I don't even want to live with my lover...I just prefer living alone...I can love with all my heart but I do need my space

David0301 and Mallyboppa like this.
  12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^...This Is How It Has Always Been With Me......Even With Relationships Lasting 6

Or More Years, We Had Our Own Space During The Week But Were Together All

Weekends......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

13. David0301

David0301 Members

:wink:

14. David0301

David0301 Members

all I say is this:

handcuffs and wife is the same word in spanish = "esposa" ,

cheers,

glass...of red

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Historically it's been fine for men to have some practice experience before. But your wife better be waiting for you. A women who has sex before marriage is a prostitute or very secretive about it. In that way I can see a culture of the man owning her sexuality. But I don't think that kind of thing necessarily applies today. Women can choose to have sex or not to and for the most part no one judges them or finds them a less worthy spouse. A man finds "value" in that kind of women. What power does a man get when he has more sexual experience? She does not know if he sucks in bed but he knows if she does?

I don't think many men around the age of the OP would have an issue with her deciding to remain a virgin. It will brand her a very religious person. It will be a turn off to some but appealing to others. And I would imagine she has no issue with being identified as that anyway.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Doubt you'd find many women that agree with you on either - the not necessarily today part, or the no one judges them part

Today, you'd get most guys, younger guys especially try pretend they are cool about it, but then pull sour little bitchy faces and drive themselves crazy if she starts talking about her execs, especially if one of them had a cock bigger than his

Or bring her home to meet the parents, and the son looks like he might be the type to get somewhere financially in life, bring her home to meet the parents, and if she's not virginal girl next door type, or at most one previous long term boyfriend - full judgement from even the most liberal open-minded-bullshit-pretending parents

Nothing has really changed, just more people like to bullshit, especially online

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, nobody wants to hear about her boss.

Eric! likes this.
  18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I've been working too much lately

19. undefeated

undefeated Member

atleast you sticking to your guns--because most Christians are not virgins when they get married. i heard at christian colleges they all "blank" each other brains out. the Christian girls i have met were all bad girls.

20. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm all for this. However, it is important not to do what I refer to as idolizing sexual purity before marriage. Holding off until then doesn't mean denying, repressing, or pretending that sex drive and desires don't exist outside of that context.

Deidre likes this.
  21. jabberjon

jabberjon Members

I think it's a great standard for helping our children make good decisions and avoid casual sex at too young of an age and get sti's or pregnancy, as well as at a point in their maturity where they can't tell the difference between lust and love.

For an adult, I think it's a ridiculous notion. Sexual compatibility is a real thing and I'm not willing to wait for marriage. And if a woman told me that, I would nicely break up and walk out the door, or invite her to leave. Sex is clearly not important to her, it's extremely important to me, so we are clearly not sexually compatible.

The 3rd or 4th date is usually when I start to hope for sex. And to be honest, what I need right now is a little casual sex, since a romantic long term relationship has finally changed into a friendship only relationship.