What did you LAST watch?

Discussion in 'TV' started by Dude111, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

hrmm, nah I know how to be a ****, I also know salty mofo when I see one. I see what's goin' 'ere boy. You're a bit full of shit, I think.

StellarCoon likes this.
  2. James T

James T Members

Since i turned 18 ive watched a total of maybe 9 non bbc tv shows.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm 31 and I don't think I've ever seen a bbc TV show -shrug-

4. James T

James T Members

Good for you. Not everyone like the same things.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You didn't like it? I love both! Ricky Gervais as office manager is just as hilarious as the american Michael Scott. And the dude Schrute is inspired on also lol

Excellent series imo.

Sometimes a remake in another country rivals the original series. This is one of them.

6. I watched Freddy vs. Jason the other night. Man, now that is a terrible movie. I do like the juxtaposition between real life Robert Englund and Freddy Kreuger, though. The guy takes himself so seriously as an actor and he's so bad. It's funny.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i tried to watch it, but ultimately the language barrier just got to me. which is weird, because it was in english and you liked it and that's not even your first language. but when i watched the british office i just saw ricky gervais there saying "mumblemumblebumblegibberishmumblegibberishHAHAHAHAHAHAmumblegibberish." i watched the whole series, and i don't think i understood much of anything that i couldn't just link directly to the american version.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

interview on YouTube.

9. Last watched AFL360 on Foxfooty which is a pay tv channel here in australia

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The Rachel Maddow show

11. Asmodean

Its not that weird it was a barrier for you but not me. As a dutch person I grew up with at least 50% foreign tv shows, of which most were american english but also regularly british english programs. So they're both just as foreign to me :D

Maybe check out After life on Netflix or Gervais stand up show Humanity. I have a hard time believing you wouldn't dig anything of him! He takes the piss out of human behavior so well :D

James T likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't have a problem with him overall; i've seen him be funny before. he was probably funny in the office too, i just couldn't tell since i couldn't figure out what he was trying to say.

13. Asmodean

I just watched a british english program last night and I forgot to mention a key element why I don't have that issue!! Which I certainly also would have with a lot of british accents and also with Gervais in particular:

wether I watch american english or british english stuff, I always watch it with subtitles. This always helps me understand, and even hear, what is said. Even though otherwise I wouldn't understand half of it by hearing alone. But I'm so used to these subtitles it pretty much goes subconsciously.

14. Collingwood vs western bulldogs.

15. Mr. Mercedes. Binged both seasons and well worth watching.

16. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Just watched the latest episode of ‘Superstore’ and somehow made it through the first three hours of ‘Double Shot at Love’ with Vinny & Paulie D.

17. AnAussieChef

AnAussieChef Members

Madam Secretary.

18. New Twilight Zone series. Ok

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Some football.