What Did You Eat Today That Was Delicious?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Got some homemade tamales from my friend Jessica. Her aunts have a tradition of staying up all night making a huge batch of them. I bought the chicken ones with verde sauce. $1 a piece.

McFuddy likes this.
  2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Spanikopita. It's surprising to me how many regular non-themed restaurants just happen to have Greek food next to the hamburgers and chicken tenders. But it was so good! My mom treated my girlfriend and I for taking her shopping and both of them also got Greek food lol

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Tamales and spanikopitas...

I hate you people. I'm fasting. Waahhh!!!

la Principessa likes this.
  4. la Principessa

I would offer you some but I ate it all up lol why are you fasting?

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

pad thai with lime chicken at the ruby's in the mall.

i was actually headed somewhere else, but the change in the weather changed my plans.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Pancakes eggs and sausage

I make amazing pancakes

The trick is to grease the griddle with the leftover sausage (or bacon works too) grease

7. Noserider

Just getting a jump start on trying to lose some honeymoon weight. I gained like 12 pounds in two weeks over indulging in food and wine.

la Principessa likes this.
  8. la Principessa

Sounds like a good honeymoon to me!

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Sushi! :) I know I shouldn't. It's expensive, but what the hay... You only live once!

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

In n Out Double Double with Animal Style Fries

Noserider likes this.
  11. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Whole wheat pita, with cream cheese and lox.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Balsamic reduction.

13. la Principessa

Some curry and roti that my girlfriend's aunt made. It's always good except that she cooks it bone-in and you're not supposed to use a fork so I have to rip off the meat first and I always get tiny bone shards when I'm eating it.

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Cucumber sandwiches

Butterscotch cloud

Starfish and coffee

15. Noserider

That's my fast food pigout meal.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  16. la Principessa

I've never had In-n-Out. They don't have them here. Which reminds me how much I miss White Castle. I had it years ago in New york, and again in Missouri during the road trip a few months back. And Hardee's in Iowa. My girlfriend and I are so lame, we got excited about fast food restaurants we don't have.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We went to Spit Shack yesterday and I ordered the Ring of fire. A 6" pork stuffed sub laced with jalopenos on the bottom, slaw in the middle and then pork on top with a hot sauce. I was sweating within seconds. And it was awesome lol.

18. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

a chupaqueso. because cheese. and bacon.

Howard Tayler's Original Recipe

The following Text appeared in the webcomic Schlock Mercenary in 2003.

those readers who have, against all reason, developed a hankering for a chupaqueso will be happy to know that it's possible to make one. You will need a good teflon skillet, a fairly sharp teflon spatula, some sharp cheddar, some fresh parmesan, and some Monterey Jack cheese.

Grate about a half-cup of cheddar and a half-cup of jack.

Heat the skillet, and spread the cheddar evenly in the pan. You should have an eight-inch diameter circle of grated cheese, with a little bit of pan showing through here and there.

As the pan gets hotter the cheese will obviously melt. Then it will toast, and you'll get cheese-grease floating on top of melted cheddar, itself on top of a layer of crusty toasted cheddar.

Start lifting around the edges with the spatula. You'll soon reach a point (you'll know, trust me) when the structural integrity of the crusty-toasty cheese allows you to flip the whole thing over.
    (Speaking of "over," this is often the point where you'll get frustrated and decide to start over.)

After toasting side two for a moment, flip it again so the "smooth" side is down, and the recently toasted side is up.

You now have a cheese shell sizzling in a puddle of cheese grease. It's still flexible, but much longer and it won't be, so you'll have to work fast. Add the Jack cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan, and then tri-fold the cheddar-shell around it.

Slide it out of the pan onto your plate. It's called a "chupaqueso" either because you can suck (chupa) the cheese (queso) out of the middle as you crunch away, or because this cheese (queso) thing you made sucks (chupa).

For added flavor you might try adding cooked-and-crumbled bacon with the jack and parmesan. In this case you'll end up with a chupaqueso con tocino, or, as it's often pronounced in my house, "chupaqueso con SWEET TRADER OF PORK BELLIES THERE'S BACON IN THIS THING chomp chomp AAARGH I BURNED MY MOUTH slurp gulp chomp."

Saturday 6 September 2003

mine today was mozzarella cheese shell with cheddar cheese, bacon and diced onion in the middle. cooked in eyebrow-searing hot cast iron, because I don't use teflon anything.

Irminsul likes this.
  19. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A salad roll

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Cooked potatoes and sauerkraut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.