What did you do today?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Totally Yoda, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Love listening to his weekly podcast- has me laughing all the time!

2. Eric!

Weird stuff happening around me lately! As I was shaving my head a moment ago, my frickin’ RAZOR broke on me!!

72209315-F26B-4843-A03A-EE6A4A10DEDA.jpeg

Joe90 and Sagewynd like this.
  3. Eric!

In addition to my razor breaking on me, a few more strange and unusual things have happened to me recently. Went to clip my fingernails and the nail clipper literally exploded into several pieces across the bathroom! A week ago, at 2 am my truck horn went off (not the alarm, but the horn itself). Long, constant, continuous blasting of the horn, that went on for at least 30 minutes. It all happened with my wife there to deal with it, with me trying to tell her how to get it to stop over the phone while I was at work!!! Weird shit….

Joe90 likes this.
  4. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

At first I thought maybe you were being pranked until you said you weren't even there for the car horn. Then I thought either you're being haunted or the universe is really trying to get your attention! Have you been agitated lately?

Eric! likes this.
  5. Eric!

I’m agitated all the time:D

scratcho, Joe90 and Moon Goddess like this.
  6. Moon Goddess

LOL, maybe try meditating:D

Eric! likes this.
  7. Eric!

I just need to get out and walk and run more. That usually gives me the pheromone boost I need to keep me calmed down. Meditation is challenging- easily distracted, even in complete silence, it’s difficult, because of my tinnitus.

Moon Goddess likes this.
  8. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Took our parrot to the port of Olympia to watch ducks and geese. She loves it!

Eric! and Moon Goddess like this.
  9. Sagewynd

Sagewynd Real men wear bras

basically just sat here in fron thsf the computer all day watching the stable weather outside, rather be out riding but instead am recovering from having two teeth pulled yesterday and can' texercise for a week so my heart rate doesn't increase and so would the bleeding

"i just wanna be outside" -dixie from homemade wanderlust

guess i shouldnt' complain about my mach-3 being worn out enough to not hold a cartridge any more!

Eric! likes this.
  10. Moon Goddess

I spoke to someone I've been missing and now I'm enjoying a thunderstorm that I know he would have loved.

bry75, Sagewynd, Eric! and 1 other person like this.
  11. iveivan

iveivan Supporters HipForums Supporter

Though I had had a lie in but have now remembered the clocks changed

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Came home from the hospital; exhausted, sick, and in pain. They nearly sent me to a nursing home. What meager practice I could muster while inpatient was seeing the many kindnesses so freely expressed towards me by so many, and holding others in the mind of compassion.
    I came home to a bitter, resentful, anxious and psychotic gremlin; ranting about being poisoned by wicked corporations, EMFs, and invisible malignant energies either hitch-hiking into the house on the electric current, or being projected upon us by an evil cabal of malevolent neighbors.
    When I respond that I am genuinely sorry she's feeling unwell, but am simply too ill myself to sit through another endless negativistic litany of catastrophizing fears that are demonstrably untrue (through the pain and brain fog I tried to phrase it more diplomatically than that), she becomes witheringly emotionally abusive. Unlike Shantideva, try as I might, I'm not made of wood, and holding her in the mind of compassion is becoming increasingly difficult; particularly under the circumstances. Hobbling about on a walker, I'm right on a razor edge. I'm so bad off they very nearly sent me to a nursing home. It feels like I'm treading water, about to drown, and someone's trying to climb on top of me.

May all beings plagued with suffering of body and mind be quickly freed of their illnesses.
    May the frightened cease to be afraid, and may the bound go free.
    May the powerless find power,
    And may the people think of befriending one another.

Echtwelniet and Eric! like this.
  13. Moon Goddess

I am so sorry you have to go through that. :( I hope you get well soon and that things get easier at home. *HUGS*

14. 6Sailor9

6Sailor9 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Agree!! Get well dear buddy!!

Piobaire and Moon Goddess like this.
  15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Vacuuuumed our bedroom, a joint effort on dinner and trip to the landfill for a deposit….not a withdrawal!

Moon Goddess and 6Sailor9 like this.
  16. Moon Goddess

Killed 3 spiders in my house.

Eric! and 6Sailor9 like this.
  17. OceanStar

OceanStar Member

Recovered from a very late flight home, unpacked, went to the shop and did some research for an assignment for my Masters. Nothing very exciting but I sat in the sun and listened to Canned Heat as I did my research which was nice!

Eric! and 6Sailor9 like this.
  18. Theactualmostfallen

Theactualmostfallen Members

Wishing you well, I'm so sorry to hear all that.

Moon Goddess and Piobaire like this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Donned my kilt, grabbed my stick, and hobbled off to our local Highland Games; one of the bands was comprised of some very dear friends from back in the day.
    The craic was awesome, and it was truly wonderful to reconnect again.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Over the last month, a blob grew to 1cm on my arm. Dermatologist won't see me for 2 months, so I emailed a pic to my GP. She had me in the next day, took one look at it and lopped it off. The underlying tissue at the bottom of the crater she carved out is black, but that was as deep as she was comfortable going in the limitations of her surgery with the tools at hand.
    Rode home with my mate angrily ranting about the evils of allopathic medicine, EMFs (which she doesn't understand and can't coherently define), how we're surrounded by malevolent minions of an evil criminal organization masquerading as our neighbors who are poisoning us, bombarding us with radiation, taking potshots at her with secret energy weapons, and what a complete and thoroughgoing asshole I am for not uncritically believing all of her bullshit prima facie.
    Not one fucking word of concern about what I'd just experienced, what I thought, or how I was feeling about it. Her only reference to it at all was incoherent gaslighting; "SEE? SEE? EMF'S! EMF'S! EMF'S!"
    I'm terribly sorry she's so chronically ill, and I'm terribly sorry she's so perpetually frightened of shadows, but Goddamn it, I'm SO sick of her psychosis!

Long ago, I made a list of things I'd like to have in a companion.
    None of this is it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023