What did you cook today?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by *MAMA*, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Breakfast

O'Brien potatoes
    3 organic eggs
    7 little strips of bacon
    20180808_092259.png

tumbling.dice, Deidre and Aerianne like this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I put two small chickens in a large crockpot.

They're cooked.

I have no idea how I'm eating them but they're cooked.

3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

My husband grilled the most delicious steak and also some zucchini tonight ...I’m impressed :blush:

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I could eat that every day for the rest of my life and be content.

Except maybe some scrapple thrown in occasionally. :p

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  5. tkm954

tkm954 sub

I am from coastal NC,this is a vinager base sauce,and you don't use much until it is done,then you pull it ,put it into a backing dish,pour about a cup of sauce to coat then put it into a 350 degree oven,and bake 20 minutes.If you want to cut down on the fat,get a pork tenderloin rather than a boston butt.Sauce is easy,applecider vinegar and red pepper flakes.Or you can buy a ready made sauce called Hog Heaven.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

bbq thick cut t-bone steak done to perfection

it was delicious

with some fired mushrooms on the side

7. Sounds delicious.

If done to perfection means very well done.

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

no

perfect steak for me means medium to medium/rare

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Probably don't want much more than a medium rare tbh, too hard for your tummy to break down. Anything medium over can take 6-8+ hrs to break down and by then most people have eaten another meal.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like medium rare to medium, you cook the flavor out past that

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I tell you what actually works, a pork chop with pineapple ring and maple syrup. Sounds weird but it all ties together.

12. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

mine ranges somewhere between 'a good vet could still save it' to 'a lit match was brought near it' to 'the outside was blowtorched for 30 seconds each side'

McFuddy likes this.
  13. I like mine slightly burned

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like chips that are over fried to the point the potato has melted away and you're just left with this crunchy outer shell of a chippie. Yum. Sometimes I feel like asking just fry em for 10 mins I'll take them all. :p

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Couldn't Warm Up This Morning....2c... And Light Snow.....SO....I Cooked Bacon And Eggs.....And

Washed It Down With A Black Coffee.....Seems To Have Worked..... :D

Cheers Glen.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  16. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

meatballs with italian seasoning. going to tuck them into some crust later with a spot of sauce and some cheese to make portable food.

17. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I like them like that, with mayonnaise. [​IMG]

18. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I had a 600 calorie Marie's chicken pot pie. It took almost an hour to cook in my convection oven, so I put in a slice of salmon on the rack above. Salmon is really excellent in a convection oven. I usually put it on a sheet of foil that has been rolled around the edges. I spray olive oil on the bottom and add oregano and crushed red pepper and a bit of salt before laying the salmon down skin side down. Then I use oregano and Greek seasoning on top and spray olive oil over it.

The only thing different this time was that I added salt to the top because I don't plan to have the salmon until tomorrow, at work. Where I can stink up the break room while eating an innocent looking salad. At the moment I'm grubbing on the pot pie, distressing about how much gym time it translates into. Jane, my wife, is off to the rooftop brunch at Ponce City market with friends from high school (a cabal of Louisiana Voodoo queens).

Next, another [​IMG]

19. tkm954

tkm954 sub

French Chicken,slow cooked in the oven or crock pot.I prefer the oven for this one.
    This is for a large dinner,but I cook this much because my wife loves this for leftovers for days.You can cut this down to fit your needs.
    A 9x13 baking pan, In large skillet add two to three Tbl spoons of olive oil,3 cloves of garlic,(or however much you prefer) wash chicken breasts and fry until they are fully cooked,outsides will be brown.Add the chicken to the 9x13 pan as they become done.After all the chicken is cooked,add a 1/3cup of white wine to the pan,with the cooked garlic and chicken drippings,add two cups mushrooms(or less),cook until the wine is almost cooked down,now add 2 cups heavy cream,cook until cream just starts to thicken, throw in 1 Tbl spoon of butter,now pour this over the chicken,cover and put in a 200 degree oven,or low for slow cooker,let cook 6 to 8 hours,My wife likes this over homemade mashed potatoes.But you can use Bob Evans mashed Potatoes as well,saves some time.
    This sounds complicated but it is really easy,the chicken just falls apart on your fork,no knife needed.You need to cook it early in the morning,though,so it has plenty of time to cook.