what did i do wrong

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by young_deadhead, Jul 15, 2014.

1. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

I got 4 feet of san pedro. Took off the outer green skin and cored it. Took the good stuff blended it then boiled it up with some water for about 2 hours. I managed to choke down most of it and 2-3 hours later i'm feeling nothing. Did i fuck something up.

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

When you say "the good stuff" you are referring to the green skin and greenish white flesh, correct?
    I think you didn't give it nearly long enough time. It should slowly simmer for at least 6 hours for good effect. Best way is simmer for 3-4 hours, drain, add more fresh water, simmer again for 3-4 hours, combine the two and boil down to a manageable quantity.
    For that amount of cactus matter you should use 2-4 gallons of water simmered down to about 6 ounces of golden-green elixir.

You should also attempt to remove the clear waxy cuticle (skin) of the cactus if you can (it's a bitch) but it helps keep the foaming down and is said to reduce nausea.
    Also DO NOT USE ALUMINUM COOKWARE, STAINLESS STEEL ONLY OR GLASS!!
    A crock pot works pretty good, but let it go for an extra couple of hours.
    I hope you saved the flesh and froze it because you can still go back and extract it more.
    Any time I have made a cactus potion, I simmered two times for 4 hours each.
    always had good success.

3. young_deadhead

so i need to save the outer green waxy skin? the stuff with the spines on it.

I only used the stuff between the core and the outer dark green skin.

I also used aluminum too. Didn't read that on the erowid or shroomery tek. Why shouldn't i use that?

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

aluminum reacts with plant acids in the solution. giving up an ION/electron..
    when you add an electron, youre creating a chemical reaction and youre not looking for reactions in this process..

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think you done fucked up. The bulk, debateably all of the mescaline is present in the dark green 'fleshy' 'meat' area. The outside sliver of skin can be discarded and the core. I also have discarded the off white 'fat' layer in recent preps which makes up the bulk of the cacti. If you are making a tea, It's probably unecessary to separate that from the green meat as It's pretty time consuming but there are some who suggest It's an unecessary layer containing little to no psychoactive alkaloids.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

He said he used 4' in the OP, but yeah if the OP threw out the green, than he just made home brewed ipecac syrup. LOL

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yup. If you were to order it online you would get a bunch of little green cactus chips, just the outer skin.

8. young_deadhead

alright well i rescued the skin from the trash bag and its boiling up now. A magnet is sticking to the pot so i know its not aluminum. Hopefully in 4 hours i'll have better results than last night