What defines love????

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Candy Gal, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I was really elated reading that. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. x

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  2. Candy Gal

Love as I have said before, has many facets.

3. Handsinpants

Handsinpants Senior Member

Wow, what a story Gypsy. I hadn't seen this story until this (for me) Saturday afternoon. I do understand why you two are so connected. As said by Candy Gal too, thanks for sharing!

GypsyHolly83 likes this.
  4. Candy Gal

I think we all have our own versions of Love.

5. Handsinpants

Handsinpants Senior Member

I can only underline that!!

Candy Gal likes this.
  6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This!
    This is love!
    When a woman is straddling, hugging and kissing me- I know she's totally into
    me and wants me to be right there, under her control. To me, it's hot, it's
    sexy, it's love!!!

image.jpeg

7. Candy Gal

IT IS TO YOU. XXXX
    It is part of love. xxx

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Only part I need- muahhahaaa!!

Candy Gal likes this.
  9. Candy Gal

Awwww xxxxx

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I love my motorcycle?

Hehe, no, you're right, it's easy to get the meaning mixed up with other things. We live in a largely dumbed-down society after all. It used to be more people took pride in knowing and using a wide range of vocabulary. Oddly, now that it's easier than ever to do that (internet at our fingers) most aren't interested.

What I learned that was a real revelation, "Love" is not a feeling. Despite the theme song to a TV show! It's not emotion, or anything inside us - those things are real and related. But love is action. It's what we do. How we tend to the other person's needs, real or perceived. Our actions are the love that brings about the feeling of joy in the ones we love. Actions that promote their long term well being.

What makes love last in a couple is a shared steadfast sense of purpose. That's what commitment is all about, in other words, both are intent on making it happen. Two beings of sound mind, shared purpose, and mutual appreciation.

One of the two has to take the responsibility for how well things go and thus needs to be the ultimate decision maker for the details of achieving their overarching shared purpose. Historically that's been the man. He provides, she nurtures. It works. In this context it's important for the man to love his wife (do everything to her benefit) and the woman to respect her husband (follow his leadership decisions).

Those who aren't successful at it tend to perceive love as some sort of magic, something that befalls them, a state of emotion that overcomes them, etc. For them, love just comes and goes...

Candy Gal likes this.
  11. Candy Gal

VERY TRUE. XXX

12. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Maybe. You're in charge of your personal feelings. Only you can decide what someone else is to you. What you do though, that's objective. And if you're cuddling and grinding on her leg then my interpretation is that you're driven to do more with her.
    It's a little hard to buy that a husband would make his wife promise to wear clothes when cuddling a female friend. That just seems out of male character. Based on what I'm reading into this situation I expect you'll be progressing this experiment with or without his approval. I believe it'll work out way better for him if he says go for it.

13. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Let's face facts, your body won't "feel nice" humping her leg if there isn't some sexual attraction. Sexual attraction is not at all the same thing as "love". We all love people we're not sexually attracted to! And if we're being honest, most if not all of us have been sexually attracted to people we don't even know, much less love. Lots of people have sex with other people they don't love. The two different concepts are easily confused but are distinctly different.

sara2001 likes this.
  14. Candy Gal

Is it love or lust?
    I don't know what to say, I just want you to be happy Sara. X

15. Candy Gal

I can confuse you more. lol
    Follow me. lol

Love is far too complicated at times. x

sara2001 likes this.
  16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Oxytocin: the Molecule of Love, Trust, Morality, and Sociality? | Dana Foundation

I like this topic because I feel like in a lot of instances a loving approach leads to a positive outcome; relationships included. It can foster growth in the most dire of circumstances. :)

17. Candy Gal

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

:D

That made me smile... We just learned about that - or some neurotransmitter that correlates with trust; but I can't remember its name.

Candy Gal likes this.
  19. Candy Gal

Oxytocin is a hormone secreted by the posterior lobe of the pituitary gland, a pea-sized structure at the base of the brain. It's sometimes known as the "cuddle hormone" or the "love hormone," because it is released when people snuggle up or bond socially.

We could chat for hours on this. xxx

20. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

It works, too!!!!