WHAT COUNTRY WOULD YOU VIST When OLDER

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Philly_Hippie17, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Bohemian_Child

Bohemian_Child Member

One of my only regrets was not taking the opportunities i had, and not being aware of them. there were so many trips i could have gone on and places i could have visited, but i didnt. i wish i had. i went on one trip before my 18th bday (2 including going with my grandma) and it was the most amazing experience ever. now im starting to travel (israel this past winter and in august budapest, vienna and then israel again hopefully)

its such a great experience. i also hope to see more of europe, africa, south america again/more, thailand, india... not sure where else. anywhere i guess. haha

TRAVEL, SEE THE WORLD! theres so much out there!

2. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

'tis been my experience that people aren't too excited with their own country described as any type of exotic tourist destination, they lack the enthusiasm of say, a wanderlust individual... and for good reason, unfortunately for many, that paradise is a dream for the mind, like, duh, you don't already live there. even fijians, people from lovely Fiji, want to go to Australia (there's more money in Oz). Pretty blue water is candy for the eye, but the brain won't be satisfied, enlightenment prevented, if there're bills to pay and you're worried about losing a place in your country's society.

3. Orsino

Orsino Member

That's a fact. :D It is like that here.

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Sucks for you guys then. Glad I don't live there. There are almost zero overweight people or republicans here.

5. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

First, my apologies.... and now....

6. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

but I bet there's still a lot of Americans eh!

7. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

busJust a few

Australlia
    New Zealand
    UK
    Peru
    Jamaica
    India

8. Lizz

Lizz Member

While I'm not Jewish (really, that's a whole nother topic), the religion has always been extremely fascinating, and Israel is the siyr of so many things in all 3 abramic religions. So it's like, the root of it all? Well, at least Judaism is. I've always truly loved history, and it is the setting of alot of events in the past, albeit many of them in the bible, though some not. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all have roots that stem from there, and it's been the topic of such debate and controversy. I've always loved studying religion anyway, regardless of which one I actually practice (which is none, at the moment.)

But other than Israel, I'd also love to travel eastern Europe. Kiev, Warsaw (I'm Polish), Moscow, Minsk, etc...

9. firebird

firebird Member

I want to literally backpack around the world. My goal however, is to settle down in Israel. Don't ask me why...with their military and I don't believe in war. I guess I'm a sucker for the alleged underdog who always coms out on top.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Then, well, you definatly should visit Jerusalem. Walk around all the quarters, the catholic, the islam, and jewish... Go into the synagugues, masques, churches, amazing experience...

Eastern Europe is also wonderful. I was partly raised in Kiev... Wonderful City, i've also been to Minsk, Warsaw, and Moscow........ lots and lots to see.

11. Ellis

Ellis Member

Oh man, I want to see it all. Each country has its beautifull places, and unique culture. I'll give you some of my favorite countries who I would like to visit when older: Greece, Africa, India, Italy, Australia, Ireland, Scotland, China, Russia and I would love to go to France (Paris) again.
    [​IMG]

12. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

You do realize Africa's not a country, right? ;)

13. Orsino

Orsino Member

Hmmm... africa is my favorite country. That sounds like something George Bush would say.

14. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

He DID say that, lol. He was giving a speech and said "...The nation of Africa..." I nearly died laughing!

-Kate

15. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

New Zealand
    Australia
    Italy
    USA
    Russia

Japan
    Chile
    Peru
    Egypt
    South Africa
    Nepal
    Spain
    Greece
    Irland

And I seriously would like to visit Amsterdam:p

16. Orsino

Orsino Member

That figures....:p

17. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Ive been very interested in Japan for a long time so Id definately go there first
    other countries would be England, Germany, Jamaica, Haiti(to do work for the poor people down there) and most countries that have alotta people who speak english but arent american :D

18. RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs

RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs Member

Definitely, FRANCE. I've always wanted to go there. Very beautiful.

love.
    chelsea

19. RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs

RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs Member

thanks im supposed to be going to paris for a week next year.

love.
    chelsea

20. Megara

Megara Banned

even though its not a country, i'd like to go to antarctica most.....

That will be the last continent for me....other than that i'd like to see Russia and South Africa.