What country or city or place should be the most normal to go barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Killa1989, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Killa1989

Killa1989 Members

I’m planing on traveling either to Thailand or Mexico or idk I want to have a no socks or shoe vacation

2. retiredandbarefoot

retiredandbarefoot Members

Before leaving on a trip outside the US I would investigate the types of bacteria/viruses/parasites that could be an issue and take careful notes on what areas or situations to be especially cautious about. Doing so could alleviate a lot of pain and misery later.

I recall reading about a parasite somewhere in Africa that once contracted could not be killed without killing the host. What a bummer! Apparently you could get the thing by just wading in water, regardless of footwear.

3. Get some shots of something to protect you. Every time I went to another country I have gotten the vaccination shots. Especially for Asia

4. I would like to see a barefooter go to New York City. Spit, puke, feces, oil, gas, cigarette butts everywhere. Or Los Angeles, might be even worse. Imagine a vacation to Death Valley in the summer, barefoot. That would be equally exciting.

5. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

Come to England. Most places will serve you in bare feet and there are no tropical parasites. Cornwall is very barefoot friendly from experience

Tech Mo and BarefootedBoy like this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

antarctica.

7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Go barefoot like the locals in New Zealand We were lucky to have the chance to visit the North Island, New Zealand. Where else do you find among modern societies that being barefoot is normal! I’m not talking about being barefoot at beaches or backyards, those are normal. I’m talking about walking around barefoot in shopping malls, sidewalks, grocery stores, restaurants, sight seeing facilities, and even in a walking trail in a forest.

www.google.com/search?q=barefoot+new+zealand

8. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Probably you refer to the hookworm. The disease can be healed today. And you only can get infested when you walk through water or mud that is contaminated with excrements of worm hosting people. The hook worm was also known in industrialized countries as a problem in mining and tunneling (warm and moist, and in these days lack of sanitation). The main scientific insight took place during an epidemic outbreak among the workers of the Gotthard rail tunnel in the Swiss alps. Btw. there were big epidemic incidents in the southern US states as well ;-)

Hookworm infection - Wikipedia