what bullshit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Oklahoma, May 18, 2004.

1. Tamee

Tamee naked

It's all about fear and control, baby.

2. Tamee

Tamee naked

That's what's wrong with this government and why I'd try my hardest to change it.

3. Changeyourlatitude

Changeyourlatitude Banned

Dennis K. with his Department of Peace didn't get enough votes, what maybe 3 or 4%. You have a lot of people to convince and you will only have six weeks from the day you get the letter from the President congratulating you for being selected to serve your country.

Members of both parties are talking about the draft. You watch if we have a homeland attack before our election like in Europe Tom Ridge, or his replacement will have a homeland uniformed force to help protect America and it won't be the Army Reserve or National Guard, they are either commited or recovering from committment. It will be you!

Changeyourlatitude

4. Tamee

Tamee naked

I'd fight to the death to keep my personal freedom.

5. Changeyourlatitude

Well Tamee let’s hope it doesn’t come to that! Because the large and in charge government feels the same resolve for your personal freedom. It would be their opinion to maintain your personal freedom you and others must serve. Ask anyone who was your age in the 60’s and early 70’s if what I say aren’t true. Because of the governments resolve they would take you away kicking and screaming if you didn’t voluntarily go. It is just the only way to keep the herd grazing together, no free passes. My clerk in 72 had the same opinion as you and had an IQ that almost doubled mine but he was my clerk in Korea. I really liked that guy and I like your attitude!

Changeyourlatitude

6. Tamee

Tamee naked

Well if they ever did get me in, I'd simply refuse to do anything. What are they gonna do about that?

7. Megara

Megara Banned

throw you in jail

8. Changeyourlatitude

The same if you dissagree with a law to not drive drunk or drive through red lights the fine will be there. It will be the law! In this case the fine will be high to keep the rest playing by the rules. A volunteer soldier just got a year in jail for not going back to duty, if the draft occurs what do you think will happen if you "just don't cooperate?"

Changeyourlatitude

9. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Heh, I wonder, does flat feet still keep you out of the army? Mine are half-flat...

10. Changeyourlatitude

Dude my brother got out for a hernia. But if multiple domestic attacks occur before the election I'll give odds there will be a civil defence corps with a brigade of lesbians and another of gay dudes and folks with gimpy legs will be setting behind desks passing out uniforms to those who can walk and talk.

Changeyourlatitude

11. Tamee

Tamee naked

that's fuckin bullshit and I'd fight to change that.

12. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

I love America. I could never say that I hate the people that live here. There are plenty of wonderful people in America, and also alot of confused people. I really wish the best for our country, but it is very disheartening with our government.

I have also had the oppurtunity to travel. I really enjoy Tunisia and it is my second home. All my family on my mothers side is from there, and it truly is great country!

13. Changeyourlatitude

Oklahoma

Below are copied one-liners from Tamee. To answer your original question about being a “real American” Tamee did the work to explain. Being American isn’t blindly following the crowd. The person who gets the letter from the President telling him/her to report to that location/time and writes back and says OK, what should I wear is a real American! The person who takes a stand on principal like Tamee does is also a Real American. It is the balance that keeps the government in check. To me Tamee’s one-liners sound like they came from a proud member of the US Marine Corps! Read her answers and think of a rigid, proud US Marine barking them out! That is pure American speaking!

Sure, if you don't like what's going on, you can move to another place, but it's always better for everyone and everything to try to fix problems from the inside, not run away from them.

If I don't like what's going on with the world, I am going to oppose it in any way I can. You may be able to just forget about what you don't like, but I can't.

Yeah, sure. Appreciate everything. But don't stand for something that feels bad.

I will only live the life I choose.

Things can change. I would try my hardest.

It's all about fear and control, baby.

That's what's wrong with this government and why I'd try my hardest to change it.

I'd fight to the death to keep my personal freedom.

that's fuckin bullshit and I'd fight to change that.

Changeyourlatitude

14. Tamee

Tamee naked

haha, that made me feel good. :)

15. Changeyourlatitude

That's because I'm a retired Master Sergeant and I realize I can't make anything happen, I can only cause things to happen!

Much love

Changeyourlatitude

16. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

The hippie battle force!! keep it going. we need all sorts to keep this thing moving along right.

17. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

I'd say that makes you more of a "real American" than them! It's your right - no, your duty - to protect against abuses of power and to be independent-minded. Interesting case, America, when seen from outside. Founded in such high principles of liberty, freedom, equality and justice for all (except blacks), it's like those things don't mean anything to some people. They say the words, salute the flag, but have no idea what any of it means. It becomes another meaningless mantra. People who accuse anyone who criticises the US's foreign policy of being "un-American" confuse patriotism with supporting a politically partisan President. Of course the administration's policies should be challenged and criticised - particularly on matters as important as war.

The people who accuse critics of the USA of being "un-American" are in fact the un-American ones!

18. Changeyourlatitude

Showmet

This is shocking…uh…uh…uh…for once we are in total agreement! That freedom and attitude is what America was founded on and what we are supposed to be about.

If we, America could break down the partisan divide we would be a force for good to be reckoned with!

Changeyourlatitude

19. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I totally agree with you, I could'nt say it any better. You sumed it up well.

20. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Our president heard in advance warning about 9/11 and did absolutelly nothing to try and prevent it. I have no use for the man, or our government!:mad: