What Are Your Thoughts On Feminism?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by TheSamantha, Apr 12, 2016.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

Hahaha trust you moot lol :D

2. tinatina

tinatina Newbie

I support women's advancement.
    I wish the traditional feminist movement was not so centered around middle-to-upper class women, especially white women. Example: access to affordable (and quality) child care and medical care are feminist issues that matter to more women than if Sarah Palin or Hillary Clinton is elected to a certain job.
    Transgendered rights are bringing up some interesting issues that should work hand-in-hand with feminism.
    In general, I wish feminism was more inclusive and less demonized.

~Zen~ and tjr1964 like this.
  3. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You open with a very reasonable and cogent statement.

Then you complicate the issue with the transgendered factor.

But your final sentence was well put.

tjr1964 likes this.
  4. BlondeTabu

BlondeTabu Members

I've read Ruth and Dworken. Once I had a brief conversation with Gail Dines. Honestly, feminism doesn't represent me.

tjr1964 and thefallenone1986 like this.
  5. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Oppress a woman in equal pay, equal rights or reproductive rights ....
    You oppress a Nation of Familes .

Many Feminists today, are toxic, as male toxicity.

Something is wrong when you become what you fight against .

6. nagwink

nagwink Visitor

I dont have any problems with guys, ok they look at my bum and I get pm's with dick pics, but really its not a big deal.

scratcho likes this.
  7. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Yup, some guys are scum .
    I was in a band and some women would post nude pictures in their emails ..... people are people .

nagwink likes this.
  8. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wonder which part doesn't represent you?!

IMV, there's a variety of types of feminism - a spectrum within that term, feminism - and some are palatable and other's less so.

In my mind, men and women *are* equal. I don't think of myself as respecting guys more than I do women - indeed, I know some women who, imo, are most worthy of my utmost respect.

In the outside world (as different from just my own thoughts), women aren't always treated equally in workplaces (eg pay or potential/promotion) and in sport (eg prize monies) but they should be, without question. That's hardly news.

My issue with some feminists is they are too extreme in their drive/aims and they wind people up, which alienates others (adversely affecting both men and women), making them defensive and less open to debate. Thus debate and discussion becomes stifled.

If the 'debate' were to involve two sides being far apart and, in an effort to gain most, one were to move to a greater extreme, that would only would work in a winners and losers issue.
    There can be no winners and losers in a societal issue - not because I say so but - because in such a scenario, with neither side agreeing to lose, the issue will endure in perpetuity.

IE, with no progress.

A successful, cohesive society can't have winners and losers; It's not a baseball game ffs.

Oops, I nearly had a rant.

~Zen~ and KathyL like this.
  9. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Many Toxic Feminist, that have hijacked the Feminist Movement, are pretty much did a number on the Feminists Movement, like how MAGA destroyed the Guardians of Plutocracy .
    Men and Women need to Unite and rebuild our Nation after 42 years of Neoconic Austerity .

We have to not only codify Roe vs Wade ..... we have to have a Constitutional Codification to an Equal Rights Amendment for Women .... let's end the BS .... TIME FOR TOXIC INSTITUTIONS TO FALL !!!!

scratcho, KathyL and ~Zen~ like this.
  10. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

As long as Toxic Male MAGA / GOP Neoconic KKKulture persist .... the more Equality, Truth, Justice and Democracy will be in danger .

Since MAGA became Kamakazi, crashing into the GOP Oligarchy aircraft carrier.

We have to take down Citizens United, restrengthen Democracy, the Rule of Law, the Right to vote, Equal Rights to all Americans, raise the standard of living to pre Reagan America and we will rebuild America.
    Bill Clinton proved "Trickle Down / Voodoo Economics was a failure.

We need good Women and Men to rebuild America and Men, can't do it alone .... we need STRONG EDUCATED WOMEN IN THIS FIGHT FOR EQUALITY FOR ALL .

The Neoconic Fascist are falling .
    Conservatism failed America, like Communism failed the Soviet Union .

granite45 and scratcho like this.
  11. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

I don't disagree with your post at all (except that I don't think the fascists are falling yet), but it is a bit off-topic for a thread on feminism.

~Zen~ and 6Sailor9 like this.
  12. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Look at the MAGA's track record, they are supporting a man who sexually attacked a Woman in a changing booth and defamed her in the media .

Clearance Thomas used to sexually harass Anita Hill and many of his female office staff .
    And during the Confirmation Hearing for Thomas's seat in the Supreme Court, the media " Demonized " Anita Hill, as if she was a villain and Clearance Thomas played the roll of the victim .
    Many of his rulings have led many to believe that his leaning are more for Corporations, Female Oppression, Racial Discrimination and decisions that weaken our Democracy .

~Zen~ and granite45 like this.
  13. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

I see TIKTOK has poisoned the Feminist Movement and are taking Women down the wrong path , like how Q anon and MAGA hijacked the GOP .

The new Generation of " Feminists ", are selling Toxic Feminity to some Women . The new Generation of Feminists only want eliminate or subjugate men.
    That is why man young men are not getting married anymore .

I used to work as a Clerk for the Department of Social Services.
    They have a program called, Welfare to Work , they test both the Mothers and the Fathers.
    If a man scores higher, they don't give him an Education, but the woman get free education, regardless of test scores .
    You talk about Sexism and Discrimination to the Highest Degree.
    Pure Matriarchy at play to disenfranchisement men from their Familes with sexual discrimination on males .

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  14. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Yet back in the early 1980's, the GOP destroyed the Equal Rights Amendment .
    Any Woman supporting MAGA, is like a African American trying to become an Honorary Klansmen .

15. Enk1du

Enk1du Members

Definitely not well enough experienced to know if there's a standard model of feminism or variations exist.

If feminism is about being treated with respect, having exactly the same rights, and challenging the rigid and often set in stone roles that made up most of history? Count me as having no qualms about that at all.

I don't jive with anyone who would make blanket assumptions. Anyone. So I get a bit weirded out, frustrated, and sad that there's an element out there pushing the narrative that I'm a nasty being. Just because I'm male. Nope, I have a good heart and didn't need someone to sit me down and explain how not to be a monster.

So the feminists out there who are trying to do all the good things and institute real positive changes, yeah I'm not sure how anyone could be against that. But I definitely fear an air of hatred being constantly circulated by those with extreme views.

KathyL likes this.
  16. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

I served in the Military and served as a Hot Shot in the US Forestry Service.
    Women are equals, but when it comes to moving up and down steep mountain sides and slopes with over 50 lbs. on your back, or like in the military carrying a M-4 or M-16 , women can endager a unit or team .
    Sorry, but I guess you had to be there .

17. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why are you spam posting this everywhere? You realize that goes against the rules of the forum right?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    6Sailor9 likes this.
  18. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

I've seen it in many places. It seems to me that whoever this is, is trying to prank someone by getting others to send unsolicited genitalia pictures to someone.

19. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, it's been reported, I'm sure the admin will take care of it when he sees it. :)

I just hope no one sends anything, you never know if it's going to a minor.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  20. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

Indeed. there is no telling what kind of problems it can cause. And if the emails are investigated and they find all the different senders, they can be in trouble for sending them as well, even if it is found that they were coerced. You don't send unsolicited pictures like that. You could end up in hot water.

6Sailor9 likes this.