What Are Your Thoughts On Feminism?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by TheSamantha, Apr 12, 2016.

1. sickgirl

sickgirl Members

I am definitely a Feminist. There is a strong need for Feminism in this world due to the fact that us women are not treated as equals in society. People who put Feminism down are in denial of reality. They are essentially saying that women are beneath men and that's the way it should be. Even in the year 2017, us women are still not regarded as equals in our society, and our new president agrees. (Rolls eyes).. In other countries, life for women is a living nightmare. India, Africa, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq.. the list goes on and on. Women cannot drive, vote, marry who they please, and FGM is STILL happening, which is the most barbaric thing someone could do to a female. Some men who are against Feminism, and women who are in denial of their own oppression try to make Feminism a bad word. I have no idea why every woman is not a Feminist. Sexism, racism, ageism and homophobia still exist and must be fought against, even in this day and age. The cold hard truth is that if the powers that be (men) really wanted to change life for us women, they could and they would. But men dominate in this world and I do not see that changing anytime soon, if ever...

2. sickgirl

sickgirl Members

There is nothing to admire about Islam unless you are a sexist, regressive, closed minded pro-male homophobe. I bet you love Sharia law too, don't you?

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

To whom are you directing this?

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't even know what feminism even is.
    I always thought was just a upscale word for someone who believes woman are equal to men.

Some think since I'm lesbian I am feminist?

Like the only time I use that word was to shit talk Eminem, call him Feminem seems to piss his fans off, I'm all for it.

But I do not believe men are equal to women. I don't believe one is any better, we are just people right?

One has a dick and stereotypically stronger, the other has two tits and can cook better, stereotypically.

I dunno. Lol.

Pay people the same wage who cares.

1 person likes this.
  5. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Possibly post #9

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Ah, the banned misogynist shit stirrer.

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This is how I feel too. I am all for gender equality but to some feminists it does not seem about that to me. It's about men being inherently evil like we are just waiting to rape or oppress a women. We can't help it since it's in our genes. They throw around terms like "eye rape" when a man looks at them. It cheapens what actual rape is and if you think eye contact or conversation is rape you are fortunate because you have never been raped. I understand men can be very rude and persistent but sorry I don't think you have a right not to be spoken to at all. If you are an attractive women men will notice. But men should also be a gentleman and many are not.

And nothing seems to upset this type of women more than another female who wants to be a house wife or do things that appeal to men's sexuality. Like a women who shows her figure for example even though it works.

Feminism is about choice you can be whatever you want and some seem genuinely happy with a traditional gender role. I cook for my family and clean the house. I think a lot of women now forget that men were ALWAYS taught to respect their wives and have a 50/50 relationship even in the old days. Being a housewife is important someone has to do all that stuff. It's just that in the past it was very difficult for a women to decide to be anything else.

There is a lot to unpack here. You can be both pro-male and homophobic?

A lot of Muslim women are not persecuted at all by their men. The man might be the head of the house but the women is the neck. The body needs both. I certainly do not like the branch of Islam that stones women to death in the streets but that is not all Muslims. The covering of the body with a hijab is a bit strange to me. But lots of women seem very comfortable with it. And it's not uncommon for Muslim women to have jobs and go to college. I try to be respectful of them and remember they are not all the people on the news. They don't like them either.

8. Scratched

Scratched Members

My thought on Feminism is that it's gone WAY too far.

Not that it matters, but those are my thoughts, and experiences.

1 person likes this.
  9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I would agree with you on that point, Scratched,. I like being my female self...girly girl...having doors opened for me....feeling protected and cherished. I don't want to get out there and compete with men for anything.
    I can't take any she/he's either.....females who act like men....I know a few of them....and they are too in my face sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In which aspects?

11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Can you elaborate on this please? What do you mean "females who act like men?" And why is it too in your face?

I don't understand.

1 person likes this.
  12. Moonglow181

I am not sure what I am trying to say, but I know I am trying to articulate something......There is a park ranger here and every time she speaks with me, her hands are on her guns at her sides......and i feel...like are you going to shoot me for something? I have one friend that is so overbearing and bossy, that it drains the life out of me sometimes.....i still don't know what it is I want to say really.

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

But wouldn't it bother you if a man was acting the same way? That is just aggressive and obnoxious.

I've always thought it odd that women who are natural leaders are often labeled "bossy", while men are almost never referred to in that way.

2 people like this.
  14. Moonglow181

YFM, yes, I thought about that........too.......but I don't surround myself with those kinds of men......I naturally pick out nice ones....lol
    I do have a female friend here IRL who is a bit bossy and gets angry if I don't go along with what she wants, and i can only take that in small doses....i do value her friendship, though, so I don't say bye to her. Once, I stood up to her, and we did not speak for 2 months...but then she called me apologizing....and our friendship meant more to me, anyway.

1 person likes this.
  15. Noserider

Leadership is a valued male trait in our patriarchal society; it's a threat to the status quo when it's a female trait.

1 person likes this.
  16. Moonglow181

Just stating the type I don;t want around me for very long...I have nothing against strong females like that...just not around me...I had enough of it for a lifetime.

I used to really love an older female as a person. She was strong, she knew who she was, but she was smart and kind and gentle, as well....I needed her reassuring touch.......(nothing sexual)....i am talking about real love for another human being......This was on the last forum I was at. I loved talking to her on the phone, and we were friends for a few years.....She made me feel calm and loved and special.....but then some newcomers came along with their V comments.........and interfered....and things went haywire.....I lost her to them...and realized...oh , that is how she is.......and i could not compete with the other females for her like that....so it ended...and i was very confused and hurt by all of that.

but while we were friends.....i realized what i always needed....and never got.

17. Noserider

That girl thinks she's the queen of the neighborhood

She's got the hottest trike in town
    That girl she holds her head up so high
    I think I want to be her best friend, yeah
    When she talks, I hear the revolution
    In her hips, there's revolutions
    When she walks, the revolution's coming
    In her kiss, I taste the revolution!

That girl thinks she's the queen of the neighborhood
    I got news for you, she is!
    They say she's a slut but I know
    She is my best friend yeah

1 person likes this.
  18. Scratched

Scratched Members

I know the type of women my now ex befriended, she herself wasn't strong enough to get rid of me herself, so she got her female friends to help. They had a good friend they thought she'd be better with. We all worked together, and her friend is a known troublemaker, it's just what she does as a hobby.

I always considered her a he-woman, she cussed like a sailor, even laughed like a man- ever seen the old tv series "baa baa black sheep" about a american flight squadron during WWII, starring Robert Conrad?
    There was an older, kinda big guy who was their mechanic, always made fun of one of the pilots cause he was a college boy...always had a big stogie cigar in his mouth, talked with it there.
    when this chick laughed, she sounded just like him. She was not feminine, like a man with long hair, tits and I assume, a pussy. She was married to a "stuck-up hillbilly". I bet most have never heard of one of those. I had not either til I met this proud prick.

I'm so glad to be away from these people, so is my daughter. The he-woman was always bossing people around, and my girl hated that, as did I.
    I think that's the type of woman we're talking about here. Quite un-feminine. Not an attractive thing for many men.

There's a difference between a woman who is confident, and this type I'm referring to. This type is not fun to be around and needs busted in the mouth. Preferably by a woman. Lol

19. Scratched

Scratched Members

"Patriarchal?"

Oh joy...

20. Noserider

Is this baiting, or are you just confused?