What are your religous beliefs?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by luckypunk, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The god described in the bible is just plain evil. I don't believe anything so violent and petty actually could exist.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  2. darkforest

darkforest Member

I'm a pagan and religion is fucked up. If you have to defend something your religion does, it's fucked up.

3. primalflow

primalflow Member

I believe religion should stop trying to change peoples beliefs. People today are so out of touch with themselves, and consequently everything else, and modern society promotes this in every single way it can, starting with religion.

4. primalflow

primalflow Member

Religion is the distortion of what is already within us.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rutz

Rutz The Farming Communist

Islamic, but in a relaxed eclectic kind of way...

6. Allons-y!

Allons-y! Member

Agnostic is the easiest way to describe my beliefs, although I guess I should've gone with mix... Oh well. I belong to the Unitarian Universalist church. I'm Pagan, but I don't tend to identify as that to other people since most people assume that means Wiccan, which I am not.

7. CandiiRainbow

CandiiRainbow Member

none of the above..
    been thinking about heathen and wicca and pagan and all that but lack the time and concentration to read more about them.. maybe I'll choose something someday.. :)

8. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

9. cosmoknot

cosmoknot Humboldt County Homey

Zen Buddhist/Taoist/Spiritual Agnostic

10. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

11. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Anti-theist. People with imaginary friends are capable of any enormity. Faith is the gravest threat to human survival today.

While science can't prove there is no god, it has already proven that there is no god as defined by most humans.

If I ever find that there is a god, I will kill that evil bloodsucking fucking insect.

12. thorsvin

thorsvin Member

Heathen, Pagan, Pantheist, and proud!

1 person likes this.
  13. raincoast

raincoast Member

Im basically a buddhist but i can relate a lot to this. Well said.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I acknowledge a higher being, with no specifc view

I just believe that being good is good

and that we are probably just some alien beings ant farm..here for their entertainment

15. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

16. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

I don't have any.

17. cosmoknot

cosmoknot Humboldt County Homey

Huh. Well put. It's sort of surprising considering our sorted, unsavory history, but funny how it works out with you and me in a nutshell having the same core beliefs. So basically we have the same fundamental beliefs as one another and here I thought we'd never see Ieye to Ieye as one another.

The only troublesome thing I'm trying hard to grasp here is what the definition of "good", which perplexes me see because my. definition of "good" is to be all of understanding, giving, humanitarian, amiable, nice, and helpful to our brethren.

Just where does "Don't come into MY ER motherfucker," fit into such defining qualities as I those I listed off? I, considering the same sucker punch every time when I go out on a limb and trust or put faith in others; basically i.e. I'm taken advantage of a fair share of the time. And then when a junkie with dueling intractably agonizing chronic--as in is never going away until death, and hopefully it's gonna stop at death...back on track now, so I'm both diseased with a devastating addiction to nurse opioids, benzodiazepines, and antidepressant meds on top of having true disorders to treat those very things I've lined out as such. Surely we can agree that humanitarianism is fundamental to good, ergo to be blunt: where does that fine line divide our two belief systems so drastically originate from, just how can you be so cold and callous to a true illness that goes back thousands of years for humanity?

You puzzle me BBAD ;)

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

All of the above.

19. Andred's Raven

Andred's Raven Member

celtic pagan.

20. Stefie94

Stefie94 Guest

Christian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.