What are your religous beliefs?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by luckypunk, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It is such a shame that Islam is seen by so many people in the light of the terrorists who have hijacked it to meet their own ends, ALL or which are disputes over land and oil reserves.
    People in the UK often chose to forget the number of murders that have taken place in northern Ireland between two christian religions. In this case the agenda is simply housing, jobs and schools.
    In my opinion this word is run by leaders who behave like petulant children who have had their sweets taken away.

ZenKarma and Deidre like this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Personal Growth

Whether you go down the nearest available rabbit hole,
    Or, take off for the furthest stars in the heavens,
    The dreamer and the dream remain inseparable.
    To boldly go, where none has ever gone before,
    Requires each of must first learn, how to be still,
    And, how to truly embrace the silence as golden.
    For there will always be more in heaven and earth,
    Than dreamt of in any of our childish rationalizations.
    Ask not, what you can do for any religion or government,
    But, how do these help you to become a better human being?
    Forget about all the stupid labels, and endless ideological nonsense,
    There can be no greater personal satisfaction, than growing as a person.
    There can be no greater good that can be accomplished than to know thyself.
    Which is why me, myself, and I always agree to not just take each other's word for it.
    My father often loved to chuckle and remind me, "Without heart, ya got nothing!"
    So I would joke right back that he was my heart and my personal hero,
    For without him, I would never have been born!​

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Yep, so true. I have Muslim friends who have helped me read/understand Islam through the Qur’an. If people want to understand Islam, they should learn it for themselves. But there are tough points like how a man’s word is equal to two women’s. What? Lol Sharia Law and all that is also a bit unsettling but there are things I’ve cherry picked that are worth knowing.

wilsjane likes this.
  4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You can see many examples of similar things in the bible. particularly the old testaments. However reading that people should be "struck down" does not inspire me to walk the streets of London with a bible in one hand and an axe in the other. LOL.

Deidre likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

If I had to label myself, I'd say an always skeptical and questioning Catholic.

Or, in the words of most other Catholics, a heretic.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Wicked witch of the alps! Eeeehehehhehehe.

I don't remember the exact year, but I do when remember when we were all just little kids, my granddaddy got the whole family together. And he told us some outsider city folk had done something real bad. He wouldn't say what. He just said, that the Punkinhed was going to be after them and that we'd better stay inside until it was light.

"These wounds that bleed DEEP burn from within me!"

You could not even envision in the darkest cathoclisms of your fucken mind as it throws you into an aneurysm. He'll have your blood and clotting and your fucken veins rotting, the very sound of his name will have you grave plodding. He was born into the world up on a mission and a hoodoo ritual got his fucken ass up and kicking and kick stepping about to turn you all red coming up out of the ground just like return of the living dead. He's feigning for your brains and he's as sick as fever thought you fucked with a monster you better leave it to Beaver, cause his coming for you life when you get marked by the beast he's gonna eat all your soul up so better be prepared to be deceased.

327 years cold now resting in pieces and skin falling off the bone and maggots stuck in the creases has got him feeling pissed off and on some whole other level now he's been summoned by Irm to do the work of the Devil. A crucifix around his neck from another place and time, he was found but now he's lost and he could see but now he's blind. Blinded by the fact that he may never walk again in light, now he hides in the shadows until Irminsul call him out at night. He's a fucken nursery rhyme on yours kids playground, jumping rope, throwing rocks, your little kids play 'round. You pray that when you wake up that you and your kids ain't dead, keep a cross on your front porch to keep away the Punkinhed!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

8. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Dyslexic atheist " I don't believe in dog "

Noserider likes this.
  9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I ran over my dogma with my karma

10. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

I have been a Buddhist for about 40 years.

11. SSJROMANCE

SSJROMANCE Members

Religion is a cancer.

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Buddhist but I view it as a philosophy not a religion. Buddha is not god he is a man. You do not worship him or follow everything he says without question. Because he is a man I can be Buddha too. But you can never be Jesus or Mohamed that is blasphemy. A good Buddhist is not bound to tradition because society changes. We can also accept science and change our view.

My parents are Christian but I lost interest in that at a young age because all I saw was ignorance and hate. No love like this Jesus guy talks about just everyone speaking on behalf of him to dislike someone else.

I think there is a "god" but the important thing is to be a good person. Any god with morals and a brain will understand why people turn away from Islam, Christianity, or anything else giving reason to hate.

ZenKarma likes this.
  13. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

religions that go to war with each other do not have Gods approval

Noserider and ZenKarma like this.
  14. Helen86

Helen86 Members

Agnostic. I have some spirituality which I would describe as vaguely pantheist/Buddhist.

ZenKarma likes this.
  15. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

Buddhist, Catholic, unitarian.... cherry pick goods from alll sources. When I shoot ducks when I hunt, I thank the Great Spirit for the meat they give to me by giving up their lives. I know this is what the American Indians did during their hunts. Don't know what to call that. The few drops of Native American blood in me are drawn out in the hunt. But do good, do under others, care about yourself, neighbors, family and ultimately the world. Be mindful. These kinds of things run across all religions...

16. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

None. Everything is changeable.

17. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I don't have any religion, and I don't really believe anything either.
    This isn't to say I don't believe that anything is possible-- I do.

18. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

A non practicing Catholic who was never accosted by a priest when I was an altar boy.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that nothing has to be known in order to exist, and nothing that does exist, owes anything to what anyone tells anyone else to think they know about it.

that there is indeed a universal wonder of strangeness. personification is optional and not up to us anyway.

that no one would be any worse off if no one had ever come up with the idea that anything needs to be infallible, micro-manage, make war on anything, or have the slightest desire to be feared.

whatever gods do exist, are almost certainly innocent of the claims of any belief. chaos is only an annoying inconvenience, when it isn't an inspiring wonder.

the only real evil is willful and needless harm, the only morality, universal consideration.

gods or god like beings likely do exist, but every book we have about them was written by humans.

how much or little they have to do with anything is completely unknown as well.

all we can do is look at what's there, try to figure out how it works,

and then allow ourselves to experience our connection with the unknown by not trying to impose our preconceptions, or anyone else's on it.

logic, consideration and honesty are important, not because some book says they're the nice things to do, but because of how sapient society works.

also for that matter, how the natural environment works and our physical, and i suspect, even spiritual, dependence on it.

20. bbbong999

bbbong999 Members

Atheist. Don't talk to me about your God and I won't talk about NO God.

As I say to my wife, who is a Christian, if there is a God and he wants me to know he exists, he'll come and tell me himself. He'll bring a couple of joints of real good weed and a case of cold beer, preferably not domestic.

But that meeting will come with some tough questions. Like how come he didn't proofread the Bible? Too many discrepancies. As it is, no modern publishing company would even print it.

And the mere fact that there are so many other Gods out there means you ain't doing your job for shit. Very un-God like.

What is all this garbage with sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancies? You made sex feel so damn good but you punished us because we love it so much? Just because you didn't get your dick wet when you knocked up some underage virgin doesn't mean that you should cause us so much grief. You are being a complete dick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.