What are your pet hates?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Lia2324, May 18, 2013.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And no matter how many you block----there's a new batch every godamn day!

idahocowboy likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Maybe it would make sense to answer and request being on their don't call list. I have heard--( which basically doesn't mean shit) that one can make some $$, if they continue to call. Who knows?

Running Horse likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Before they remove you from their call list they sell your info to at least 5 other assholes... There's big money in these call lists these days.

4. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

that, and a good portion of these calls are spoofed and come in from overseas, where the dnc list means precisely as much as a toilet in the places they call /from/

ever gotten a ring and the caller id lists your name and number? it's bullsht. I /hate/ phones in particular.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i also hate the phone and i know i communicate better through writing than actually speaking, whether over the phone or in person. that said, it drives me crazy when someone in an office 30 feet away wants to discuss something via email that will require 2 weeks of emailing back and forth to accomplish the same thing that you would by walking over and actually talking for 5 minutes.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah that is annoying. My office is really big into IMing people you could actually talk to face to face without even leaving your desk. Its weird.

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

This thread title realllllyyy pisses me off

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

If all the hate in this thread was collected and put into one person they would explode.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

But it seems more like petty griping really.

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Scatcho... Your goddamn language, please.

Eric! and scratcho like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When instead of using walking paths your wife thinks it's a good idea to get a 2nd hand treadmill and it now lives in the garage and encroaches on my pool table room. :sob: might not even work properly and it's like we just picked up someone else's shit and now have to get rid of it ourselves.

Running Horse and Ged like this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The word pet. It just sucks. I have always thought so.

13. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Yep. Especially when applied to myself by older females :smilecat:

14. Asmodean

I think it doesn't do honor to your animal either. Btw the dutch word pet means cap (as in hat). The dutch word for pet is huisdier, literal translation: home animal. Much better.

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  15. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

'Animal companion' is good, but probably too long. There is something a bit pathetic about the word 'pet' though even for the native english speaker. At least, I've always thought so. It certainly deprives a cat of it's dignity (or indeed a proper dog) to use the term.

16. Asmodean

But I dislike the word pet in any way. Pet peeves, petting an animal. Damn, what a lousy word! Right??

17. Asmodean

Ah, its not just me :)

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so wait until she's using it and start "accidentally" poking her during your back swings.

don't forget heavy petting.

although if that's happening, i don't care what it's called anymore.

19. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I was about to mention robocalls but you guys already covered that lol I usually get ones that have the same first 6 numbers as my phone number, and the last four are different. It says it's from my area but they always have an accent and they sound really far away.

By using local numbers they get you to pick up because I never know if it's important like a work thing, or whatnot. Just like all of your emails became spam, the same is happening with phones. I even get spam texts, sometimes even random things having to do with my ex and his car insurance and I'm like why the hell are they texting me, and he doesn't even have a car.

idahocowboy likes this.
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

"Scan and go", apparently now

So our biggest supermarket chain doesnt want to even bother with self service checkouts now

I am suppose to use MY freakin phone and walk around the supermarket scanning barcodes as I place each item in the trolley, then of course bag the shit myself

Fuck you