What are your passions?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by beachbum7, May 23, 2004.

1. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Life
    Love
    Music
    Travelling

I'm passionate about all these.

2. lorelai_g87

lorelai_g87 Senior Member

My passions? My Love and my Friends...they're my Life. My Angels, those who are always there for me. And then there's music and the writing, thru which I express myself at the best (at least I think so)

3. lorelai_g87

lorelai_g87 Senior Member

Oh and I forgot the travelling, theatre, photography and....chocolate!

4. Rayeine

Rayeine Member

My passion in life has always been music, I dont know where it comes from...but i play the drums,piano and guitar by ear...the music just sort of flows out of me.
    But most of all, my passion is the beach, living..colour...surfing..the moments where you're like "damn...that was fucking sweet!"..i live for them.
    I love people..and I learn so much from them..I find myself looking forward to the next day, for just waking up to be alive. When you talk about love...passion...art...the world, it makes that warm glow burn a little brighter...when you talk about it to people. Sure, there are the passionate issue's and problems in this world..but there are also some of the most beautiful things, so many people fail to consider..

so...i would encourage anyone on here, to go and take a little walk..get off of your geek boxes of monumental orgasmic wording..
    -LIVE

good post...i quite enjoyed it.

5. Drugs
    Music
    Sleep

6. teepi

teepi living my dream

My main passion is self sufficency. Luckily my husband shares this with me.

We believe to be self sufficent is to be AWARE.
    Aware that all we take for granted can be gone in the blink of an eye...if you're dependent on the Goverment, the farmers, the utility companies, your job, or other people than you are at their mercy or their whim.

The more you learn to do for yourself the less you have to worry if the goverment shuts down, the price of heating goes up, the price and quality of food is screwed,the company you work for shuts down or your neighbors turn out to be jerks.
    Do all you can to own a little land, grow your own food, heat with wood, use wind, solar and/or hydro power, carry no debt,find a way to make your own money, barter when possible,recycle,reuse,dig a well,build a compost pooper..etc.

Take care of the basics...be satisfied with little...everything else more than that is a feast.

Didn't mean to go on so...but well, I'm PASSIONATE about this..lol

7. Music
    Collecting old toys (mainly transformer)

8. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

The little things..

The feelings a memory can bring to you, the way I feel on a rainy Spring day, pure and innocent, free..raindrops on the petals of flowers...the way the sky stretchching across can make you feel, one. connected and yet here.

Love

Music, it surrounds my being

Travelling, journeying, discovering unimaginable places, taking yourself to new heights

Acting, theatre

9. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm with teepi on the self-sufficient, subsistance living. I've been quite passionate about my land and being able to provide for my family's needs as independently as possible. We built our house ourselves, heat and cook with wood and provide our power needs with solar. We raise chickens and hunt for our meat and we grow as many vegies as possible. We own the land and house, not the bank.

To have the skills and ability to live totally self-sufficiently has been our lifes goal.

10. CelticMuse

CelticMuse Member

1. my two sons

2. reading
    3. music
    4. my herb garden, and all the lotions and potions I create from it
    5. cooking - yeah I know, most people think I'm crazy, but its a great creative outlet
    6. the environment - saving what few forests we have here, so the future generation doesn't have to see a tree in a museum

11. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

i love that comment..... it's given me a lot to think about.

12. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

my passion is living...freedom...and helping people out

13. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

my passions are playing guitar, singing, writing music, writing poetry, drawing, painting, reading. lots of things. music is first of all, though. :)

14. always remember

15. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My passion is smoking cigars and drinking whiskey.

16. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

my passion is animal and gay rights. is that a passion? because i LOVE defending them, as much as i can. i love to paint, too. and read. oh, and i love to pick up trash. it makes me feel good, and it's fun searching for it.

17. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Life, love, happiness, poetry, and the beat of life (music).

18. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

I have many passions..

~love~writing~art, every from~music~guitar~theater~singing~my blue eyed love~traveling~harmong~nature~walking through the woods~spring~summer~the sea~biology~philosophy~helping others in need~.....jim morrison :p.....

19. purple grass

purple grass Member

my passion is playing the guitar. my father put a guitar in my hands when i was 4, i've been playing ever since. i also love writing, singing and traveling.

20. There are so many things...
    Music * reading poetry * The Doors * archeology * talking for hours with my friends * writing poetry * Jim Morrison * Shopping * walking in the rain * laughing * enjoying the life * loving * KISSING :) * Dreaming * photography........... * playing piano.........