What are your passions?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by beachbum7, May 23, 2004.

1. earthy44

earthy44 Member

My passions are:

God
    Peace and economic equality
    the environment

my passions as far as hobbies are:

science (i am a chemist)
    hiking and camping and anything outdoors
    beer

2. bradleydontpush

bradleydontpush Member

My definite biggest passion is Music. Which follows parallel to love. Because music is really trying to tell you to love..and be loved. I just picked up Zeppelin..Early/Latter days (well re-picked it up). Wonderful Album! Achilles Last Stand! Listen to it. I love people to, I have a passion for analyzing my society I live in. Not in a bad way, but more an empathetic way. I love all of you dirty hippies!! Keep living all!

Oh earthy..LOVE the signature..so true, so true...:rolleyes:

3. bradleydontpush

bradleydontpush Member

My definite biggest passion is Music. Which follows parallel to love. Because music is really trying to tell you to love..and be loved. I just picked up Zeppelin..Early/Latter days (well re-picked it up). Wonderful Album! Achilles Last Stand! Listen to it. I love people too, I have a passion for analyzing my society I live in. Not in a bad way, but more an empathetic way. I just love to sit in parks and watch people..maybe from under a tree. I feel I can project love to others just by being in the same vicinity as them. I HAVE SUPER LOVE LASER BEAMS!! WATCH OUT!! I love all of you dirty hippies!! Keep living all!

Oh earthy..LOVE the signature..so true, so true...:rolleyes:

4. kaya99

kaya99 Member

I've always been very passionate about a few things.

1. children..don't have any of my own..but i love teaching them and being a positive peaceful example for them. I'm in school to be a special education teacher and I can't wait.

2. music..i don't think i could function without music. its my heart and soul.

3. traveling and seeing other cultures. I've been all around the USA, and I've been to Brazil on a mission trip. i would love to go to other countries.. but who knows if thats possible now..THANKS TO GOOD OL' BUSH!

who knows, maybe one day i'll find a guy with the same passions as me ;) .

5. Noclothesneeded

Noclothesneeded Member

My first foremost passion is my naturist lifestyle, my second is to find a lady partner to enjoy it with. Then it would come to my woodworking, seams simple enough, but where is she, lol.

6. thegrandroopapio

thegrandroopapio Member

well my passion is buddhism and music got listen to the might zEppelin

7. candy

candy Member

my biggest passion is music,cant live without it man!!
    PEACE!

LOVE!it's my air! just gotta feel some good lovin vibes ya know?!

PEOPLE,they make my day...doesn't matter who it is,a smile,greet just an eye man...ya'll make my day!!!

peace

8. prairiepixie

prairiepixie Member

~*passion for i is creating ~ creating things, thoughts, movement... i'm only truly happy when i am creating something ~ from an intense sculpture to a poetic thought... the passion in creating brings my essential life's fire throughout my being ~ THANK YOU for asking*!

9. waterlily5

waterlily5 Member

My passions are learning (anything and everything, I am a bookworm :D), equality and fairness, kindness to animals, nature and the environment :)

10. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

God
    Learning - Anything and everything I possibly can
    Enjoying life
    Spreading peace and love around

11. Real American

Real American Banned

My relationship with God.
    My wife.
    My son.

12. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

music music, guitar even though im not that good im ok but i still love playing haha, day dreaming of martha stewart.. sometimes i draw and write poetry..oh who could forget nuntin but chillin at the holiday innnnn.

peace
    chickens

13. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

snowboarding. i am with full reality, and mean it with my whole heart, that i am in love with snowboarding. sometimes i may think that could be a bad thing because i have lost touch w/ many other things because of snowboarding. im happy w/ it, and i dont need anything else except a book to write in.

14. squeesh

squeesh Member

playing charlie (my beautiful ibanez steel string), singing, listening, painting, creating, being in love, peace

15. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Guess I have quite a few passions...my kids,the environment, nature,music, reading, writing poetry, and hipforums.

16. Silverstar

Silverstar Member

I like several things:

writing: poetry, stories (about fairies etc.), just expressing my feelings about people and the whole world
    music: especially The Doors, Pink Floyd, Absynthe Minded, Him,... Music just has this healing effect on me :)
    painting: I sometimes paint, but I also like the work of others (like going to a museum or an exhibition)
    walk around in the forest (on my own or with (a) friend(s))
    knowledge: it will never hurt you I guess plus I find it very attractive in men (it makes them soooo sexy :cool: )
    reading
    visiting the hip forum ;)
    ... (and a lot more!)

17. wildfire

wildfire Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

my passion is life. i love life. anything living. plants, flowers, animals, people everything. i love to see it alive and growing.

and another is things or people that don't fit in and dont care. i love to see the people who go to a black tie party wearing bright orange. or someone who goes to church with a purple mohawk...people just being themselves and making on apologies for it. sometimes purposely just to see people wriggle in there seats. i love how the just the mere sight of someone, how they look can make people so uncomfortable. ah! i love it!

18. Lizz

Lizz Member

Politics. And I don't mean your average "give peace a chance!" liberal, I mean seriously, that's my one true passion. Many have accused me of ONLY talking about politics, talking about it too much, etc. I really got some of my friends into it, though, my freshman year. I became a HUGE Dean supporter and would bring the latest in his campaign up during STEN in the morning. But I was definately political before then. It's been a couple years...

Other than politics... Paul Simon. ;)

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

for me i would have to say the one thing that motivates me is the kind of world i would prefer to live in.

it is not a world of symbolic personal gain at the price of real shaired and environmental loss. it is not a world of gratuitous conventionality, automobiles, austentation, aggressiveness or little green pieces of paper.

rather it is a world of nature, tecnology and creativity, harmoniously, sustainably and gratifyingly intigrated and balanced.

it is not a world without infrastructure but it is one in which hierarchies are not allowed to be self serving, and wherever coordination of group effort is actualy needed nonhierarchal methods are the prefered norm.

gratification not accumulation is the engine of its economic and creative shaired environmental enrichment is both the greatest gratification and the highest honor

=^^=
    .../\...

20. Yoga16

Yoga16 Member

My passion is music. Music is the rhythm of life. The beating of your heart after making love is music. Poetry is music. The sound of your soles walking on different terrains is music. And of course sounds of nature like the wind and rippling water, that is music. It is what brought my beloved and I together and is something I will always be able to rely on. If you would like to get in touch with your spiritual side, I highly reccomend renting culture CDs from your local library... Indian and African chant is excellent too. Give everything a try! I live by the way of the music.