What are your passions?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by beachbum7, May 23, 2004.

1. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I'd like to know what your passions are. I believe there are many on the hipforums who are passionate among things, and they want to use those passions to help make the world a better place. My major passion is traveling. I love traveling to different places, and seeing what the world has to offer. I want to become a travel writer, and write about my observations of the world. Hopefully, we can use our passions to make changes.

2. spinelli

spinelli Member

Good question, made me think

Justice and freedom
    My passion is for the release of man. For souls to be free, to break away the boundaries of the ego.
    and justice for all-good song
    justice, my passion that every man be perceived as being on one level. For the world to recognise our connection as one, to look at another and see nothing more than ourselves

3. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

My passion, My Heart, My Love

4. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Hey same here BeachBum! I'm obsessed about traveling! I haven't really gotten out of United States tho..but i've been mostly to every state here. but i want to explore the world! :) learn about their culture and meet different people and try new foods and everything! It sucks how it costs alot to travel tho :(

5. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Wow guys that is cool! My passion is writing too, not quite travel writing, but yeah!

Dakota is so precious!

6. Andy73

Andy73 Member

My passion is living on the edge of reality.

Writing was once my passion too, and it probably will be once again as I come to the end of a series of long hard experiences. I have not written much in many years, but the living hell I have just been through has got to be one of the greatest works of lilterature the world has known.

7. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I'm going through an extremely passionless phase right now. It's kind of nice really, nothing's a big deal, nothing's worth getting upset over. everything's just a note in a song.

8. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

That is quite a cool phase to be in, I've been there before.

9. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I think it's a backlash from having gone to see my family last year for the first time in years. To them EVERYTHING'S a big deal. Every event is a life and death situation.

Drama
    drama
    drama

I walked away glad I'd gotten out of there when I did. Watching them worry themselves to death about every little thing every moment of the day...it was sad and funny at the same time.
    It's like a house where all the steam pipes have broken--hot, hard to breath, no chance of any sunlight getting in.

10. akhc

akhc Member

Mine would be appreciation of anything beautiful.. n I don't just mean ladies :D.. but anything.. nature.. music.. words.. thought. I also try and participate to the best of my abilities in that creative process. Not that I claim to be good at it all.. I don't.. but I'm a firm believer that struggling in a creative process helps one to understand the beauty that others have captured in their works.

11. cshroom

cshroom Member

i am passionate abot my true love that i have found, she's the most beautiful, innocent, specialest thing in the world

12. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Writing, defineltly writing.
    It is almost impossible to explain, but basically it's an obsessive compulsion.

Also animal rights, vegetarianism, learning/wisdom, compassion for all sentient beings.... and all those other great hippy ideas.

TTFN

Sage

13. Micro

Micro Member

To keep learning & growing everyday.

14. dropacid_notbombs

dropacid_notbombs Member

my passions are deffinetly skiing and music. Without 1 of the 2 daily, id go insane. I just love skiing becasue it gives me a chance to escape into a world, where nothing follows me from this world. All my problems go away and im just there. Its kind of a spirtual connection between you and the mountain. Where if you dont respect the mountain, itll kill you but if you respect it, itll give you the time of your life. And the adrenaline that comes with it, when you pulling like 360s off a 20ft cliff or straightlining down a 50 degree steep. Its like a drug, you just get addicted to it.

15. Lani

Lani Member

music, getting that groove that feels oh so good, jammin with people and communicating on this level that is so far beyond anything that you go through every day, its so amazing..oh i also love weird stuff like mysteries, dreams, telekinesis basically stuff you cant really explain, especially things from other cultures that are so different from anything youve seen...I also love traveling and collecting inrtuments from different places..

16. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

moi passiones:

- my 2 children
    - art (mine and others)
    - music (mine and others)
    - nature, outdoors
    - politics (I can be a real bitch about it)

17. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

My passion is to create anything..........I just luv to make things......:)

18. mother_nature's_son

mother_nature's_son Member

Indeed.

My passions are biology, psychology, and music, in just about that order.

I LOVE nature. Everything about it. Ultimately, I hope to bring knowledge of the natural world to others, so that it may be more appreciated and better cared for.
    I have worked through a whole lot in my mind. As a result I am very psycho-analytical. I hope to be able to apply my efforts to the psychological issues of others, someday.
    I love the way music is an abstract form of communication. I hope to use it to convey ideas and feelings that cannot be verbally expressed but must be presented as an experience.

:)

19. happy

happy Member

music = passion

that just about sums it up

20. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

1. Doing impressions. I do great impressions of morgan freeman, tom brokaw, wolfman jack, james brown, Jay Leno, Arnold Schwarzenneger, Goofy, and more. And I do a killer british accent and Simon Colwell impression. I usually have my uncle in stitches.

2. Humor. I have a big sense of humor; sarcasm mostly, and humor surrounding quick comebacks and one liners. I love it.

3. Movies. They're a form of escape for me. Horror mostly; I love all movies and I watch at least four or five a day. Yes, you guessed it, I have no life. Lol.

4. Classic Rock. Zeppelin, The Who, The doors, The eagles, Pink floyd and more, it's my music of my soul. It reaches me, gives me tingles, makes me weep, makes me shiver. It's like a drug. I just shut my room in darkness, turn up the radio and fall into the world.

5. Love. I'm in love with love. I want to fall in love and get married some day. It's just a dream.

6. Comic books. I loved comic books since I was five. Superman especially. I've been a fan of his since god knows when.

7. Arguing and or debating. I love to argue with people and I love to debate about anything. Rock, movies, politics, it doesn't matter. It gives me a sheer thrill.

8. The sixties and seventies. Despite the really bad stuff that happened, I would have loved to be apart of these decades and the good stuff it had to offer. I love it.

9. Art. I love rennaisance art mostly, and basically anything that's beautiful; car detailing to website designs, it's all art.

10. Writing. I write poetry, fiction, plays and scripts, it's great. It's an excellent release for me and expressing myself. And I reflect a lot of my personality in the characters.

11. Animals. Dogs, cats, bears, it don't matter. I love em all.

12. Chocolate. Anything with chocolate, peanut butter, or combined makes me groan near orgasm. I love chocolate. I'm addicted to it.

13. Protesting and fighting for causes. I love to do this too. Civil rights, animal rights, gay rights, it's all relevant.

14. Monty Python. I love these guys. They're just so fucking funny.