What are your parents?

Discussion in 'People' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 13, 2004.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Dad ran a couple a' banks.Mom owned a restaraunt in La Jolla.Dead as doornails,they are.

2. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

My daddy is a banker and my mom is a stay at home.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

My mom works for cis (communities in schools) shes like a counselor to the unprivileged kids and gives out food and clothing. My step dad works for dish network haha my dad works for fedx and so does my step mom.

peace
    chickens

4. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

My dad works with his cousin... it's a business where they sell balancing weights to companies on a small scale ~ most companys who sell those, aparantly, only sell them in bulk but not individually, so they buy bulk and sell them individually because there's more of a need for that.... My mom works at a head office of some bank (I think bank of montreal?) in HR... she's quiting at the end of june, but they asked her to come back part time in September because they like her so much! peachy...

5. Cierah

Cierah Member

My dad started farming when he was still in highschool. he bought his first quarter when he was like 16. Mother was a teacher when they met, married and had kids. Then they went bankrupt. Mother went back to work. Then dad went to school to learn to fix tv's and computers. Then dad opened an arcade, then a pawnshop. Then the arcade went bankrupt. Now they've owned the shop for 10 years. Dad said he had no career desires. He did whatever came along. And that was his advice for me when I had to decide what to do.

6. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

i like your story babyfreak its interesting (not scarastic)

7. Midget

Midget Senior Member

My dad's a contractor. Mom used to own a business, but now she works with my stepdad at his company.

8. vinceneilsgirl

vinceneilsgirl Member

My stepdad is a railroad conductor. My mom is a homemaker. My real dad is...actually I have no clue! I consider my stepdad to be my dad anyway.

9. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

My mom is a professional seamstress but she works out of her home and only takes the orders she wants to do. My biological father is under watch by the FBI because he's the drug-lord of the town he lives in. He also has several arrest warrants out because of not paying child support. The cops told my mom they couldn't have him until the FBI was done with their investigation. My step dad works for Lockeed Martin or whatever their name is now. He does one of those jobs where you never have any idea what he does, but he collects a paycheck and he must be good at it because he's been working there for several years. I think it has something to do with charts and analysis stuff.

10. Terelda

Terelda Member

My mom rehabilitates sex offenders in a maximum security prison and my dad is a train conductor....

11. DazedDreamer

DazedDreamer Member

my mom is a physical fittness instructor and an interior designer, i dont know my dad

12. AriLew

AriLew Member

My mom is a parole/probation officer.
    My dad just got out of prison.

laugh. it's funny!

13. LMoffet1

LMoffet1 Member

mom is an obstetrician/gynocologist (OB/GYN) and my dad is a gynocologist. They met in med school!

14. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

My dad is an architect and my mom is an Information Techology Manager.

15. dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater Member

My mother is and will always be the most amazing person i know. She truly is a beautiful soul. Shes everything to me. Infact i even called her on fathers day to wish "her" happy fathers day.
    Currently she is working part time to keep herself busy and building a house in the country with her soon to be husband. I'm so happy for her.

My father lives in Fairbanks Alaska. He works in the university there, i'm not guite sure doing what exactly. I see him usually once a year, sometimes every other year and from what i know of him, he's fun to hang out with....

Peace

16. metro

metro self-banned

17. lunaluvcat

lunaluvcat Member

My mom is a realtor and my step dad has his own drafting buisness. My real dad is a radio announcer.

18. sprout

sprout DeadHead

my mother was a bartender for most of my childhood as was a great mother during that time but pills wrecked that during my teen years so I took over from there and was pretty much on my own, she became a morphine/oxycontin junkie, barely survived and now shes between jobs(i guess) She raised me up from childhood safely and I've saved her ass many times now so I guess we're even.

My father I didn't know at all before he died but my family on that side tell me he used to pull curtains for Bill Graham when he was young and that they lived on Height street during the 60s so its in my blood I guess

19. livingwater

livingwater Member

My mom is a librarian and educator at a public school- she may be retiring this year.., my dad is a truck driver

20. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

My parents are dead...both of em. My dad was a heavy equipment operator, and my mom...i cant remember.

:(