What are your parents?

Discussion in 'People' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 13, 2004.

1. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

p.s. I'm not lying

2. Orsino

Orsino Member

My mom is a nurse at a rehabilitation center and she is also a nurse at a retirement center.

My dad works for Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. as a utility man. Basically, he just manages a woodyard for a paperplant at night and sits in a big caterpillar front end loader and waits until conveyor belts that haul woodchips around back up and pushes them into piles and gets paid 50,000 a year to do it :p

My grandmother is also living with us at the moment until she can get everything settled here (she's buying a house up here)... she is a retired doctor and then after she retired she decided to do more hands on stuff so she became a part time RN and was a director of a few mental hospitals... I think she also set a bunch of records too. Now she had cancer and is fully retired.

My grandfather (now deceased but I thought he had an interesting job) was a Doctor as well, he was a chemist and lab technician and was director of a cryogenics institute and laboratory...

Most of my family are in the medical field... my now deceased uncle was a cartoonist and managed a branch of a company that cleaned and worked of dialysis machines and my other uncle does the same. My aunt is a nurse... my great uncle held two doctorates, he was a pastor and a doctor in bible science and also a medical doctor for Chilhowie, Virginia. Let's see... ahh yes, my other uncle is an aeronotical engineer for Boeing in Indonesia... then I have an uncle who is an inventor.. one who is a criminal and environmental prosecutor. Then I have a great aunt who won the lottery.... and another who owns an online business and she travels around the US and lives in a van.

3. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

My pops is a teacher, 'n my moms is unemployed, buts she was a lab technitian. :)

4. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Well my mom and my stepdad are both disabled (sarcoidosis and diabetes respectively). She was a nurse and he was a welder. My real 'dad' works at Teradyne making computer wafers or something.

5. Ellis

Ellis Member

My mom sells houses, and my dad is a musician (singer-songwriter).

6. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My dad works for BMW North America. Every time I see him he's driving a different freakin' BMW. And my mom...she's had a lot of different jobs...but I recently convinced her to go into business with me. We are actually doing 3 different things. We've got an Ebay thing going and we take care of one elderly person and we'll be taking care of more soon. And we're getting started in some different real estate ventures. That reminds me of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" where Lucy says that what she really wants for christmas is real estate. lol!

7. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

My dad was a shoemaker/shoerepairman for 35 years...

...now he's a driver for UPS :)

My mom is a para-professional in a school for kids with problems...or something...lol...

8. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

my mom and stepdad have an at home daycare that i work at and my dad owns a auto body shop. he paints motorcycles and stuff. he's a cool dude.

9. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

My dad is a consultant computer programmer/ system analyst.

My mom used to be a biology/chem/physics teacher, now she doesn't do anything.

10. IvSeenTwilght

IvSeenTwilght Member

dads a truck driver, and my mom is a...not sure, haha...like an accountant/computer programmer/student haha

11. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

My mother is an Apedemologist by profession, yet works as a Biologist, being the director of the largest biotechnological laboratory in the world.

My father is an artist (in other words... Unemployed... for 20 years now)... he's a Sports Doctor by profession. He used to work as a KGB agent for a while because of his step-father (big time KGB agent), but he's an alcoholic, so it didn't work out.

My Step-Dad is an International Buisnessman... (If you ever ordered plants from Milestone... that was his company a year ago... he inherited it to his children).. he worked in a million jobs though... His profession is diamond digging (agropologia?) ... he worked in mines in South Africa, then he was a government agent, then he was the GM of practcly half of the buisnesses in Israel... then he quit that and opened his own companies.......

12. Style

Style Member

my moms a home care giver.

13. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

my dad was in the army for 20 years but retired and is now a pig, i mean a correctional officer at a prison. my mom works in the vision center at walmart

14. Gabino

Gabino Member

Farmer and Nurse

15. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

My dad drives a truck for Bulk Transit. They haul lime, dust...shit like that

My mom works for the ever wonderful Wal-mart

16. Lizz

Lizz Member

Seems like almost EVERYBODY's mothers are some kind of nurse. Interesting.

Well, my father is an accountant and teaches at one of the local colleges some nights, I guess for more money or something. It's not like my mom is completely incapable of getting a job.

My mom used to be a journalist, but now she's a "Free-lance writer", as of like 3 years ago, so I don't think she actually is anymore. I wish she did. Now she just does something for my dad's company. Paperwork or something, which she does at home. She did something involving insurance policy writing or whatever before my sister and I were born, but since we were twins day care would've costed too much. However, I'm not going to get into MY personal politics. I think she really wanted to go into history though. She went to Northwestern's journalism school... But for what it's worth, she IS the school board president, even though that's not paying, it does mean she has meetings and stuff.

I have NO clue what my maternal grandparents did. I know my grandmother worked for waste management, and then at another job before she died, but don't know about my grandfather.

Paternal grandparents, similar situation. Don't know what they did.

17. cousinit

cousinit Member

the old mans a Journyman lithographer, and a 1st pressman on a harris 954 duplex webpress, set upf or running heat set ink.

mymom well shes the sandwich lady at the IGA. she used work in personal home car for the elderly though. not nursing, more like helping the ill and elder clean thier houses, and themsleves. she left as she couldnt take having any more clients die on her.

18. joe

joe Banned

My mother works for the county, she is a Clerk/supervisor of administration for a Pediatrics clinic here in downtown LA, County jobs are crappy as jobs with barely any benefits and doesnt really make anything of worth at all

My father, (AKA: the Flake), Was a Telecomunications expert who made alot of money working as a feild operator hired by various companies to do work for them, He tried to start his own telecommunications company called "Blue Star" but he was an idiot trying to handle his company and someone stole it from under his feet just a few weeks after he started it.
    And after that, he became more of an moron and lost all his jobs and left everyone in the dust, BITCH!

19. K-k Lynn

K-k Lynn Member

My mom stays at home and takes care of us kids. My dad does emission testing on cars. Not too interesting but it's what they do!

20. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

my father installs auto glass, and my mother is a stay at home mother. she does a great job. i love her and my father :-* MUAH to you both