What are your parents?

Discussion in 'People' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 13, 2004.

1. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

My father is a college professor (retired last year.) My mother only worked under diress,as a technical writer, and always had plans about what she "wanted to do" but never made any of them a reality. (College was "too hard.") Always had some excuse of how it was someone else's fault.

2. Acid_Rain

Acid_Rain Member

you know, my dad works at a lumber company that makes pallets, and my mom is a cook for cracker barrel

3. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

Ahh all of yall parents have good careers...This doesnt mean im ashame of my parents...
    My mom was a secretary in Mexico but when we came here she couldnt speak english and her diploma is not accepted here...or so i heard...
    My dad works as a maintence in some apt's...

4. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

My dads the general manager of some furniture company and my mom doesn't work. Yep, because she's a H-O-M-E-M-A-K-E-R. I keep telling her to start smoking pot so her life will be more fun and interesting but she just says "no! I don't like to, it makes me tired." YEAH, we'll see if that's still the case when I move out. Ohh, family is funny.

5. Acid_Rain

Acid_Rain Member

no mexicanflowerchild, they don't have good careers actually, neither of them graduated high school, so they took what they could get

6. Erin

Erin Member

My dad was an underground jumbo operator, 4 years ago changed to owner operator of an under ground grader. (He works on the mines)

before my mum got married she was a mother craft nurse.

7. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

Gee, all relatively "normal" families. My family is far from normal:

My dad was kicked out of the military (navy) and became an electrical engineer, started his own business which failed, went insane and now lives on Social Security disability and has had shock treatments so many times he doesn't remeber me.

My mom is a retired RN with a heart condition caused by years of alcoholism, living with her lesbian lover of many years (I was raised mostly by two moms) earning Social Security disability and early retirement benefits.

8. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

My mommie works at AvMed.. She writes life insurance policies~ Sapphire

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Your mother "works" plenty! Homemaking is an honorable profession and it is WORK. It isn't only work if someone outside your family gives you money for it.

10. Maverick

Maverick Banned

My mother got laid off quite some months ago. She went to work again for three weeks for the local school district, then we had to move. We had to move because my father got a promotion to a management postition in a rather large hotel. My mother is currently looking for more work in the local school district.

11. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

my father is the Equipment Manager for Boston Public Schools (BPS) Athletic Department. He gets the uniforms and supplies for Boston Public Schools.

my mother also works in the BPS, but for the science dept. i believe. don't really know that much about the dept. she works for, but i know that she sets up science kits for kids in the BPS.

Pretty normal.

12. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

My mother and father are both lawyers.

13. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

My dad's a liberal arts professor, mother's currently in grad school for Library studies.

14. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

My father is Luitenant Colonel in the German Army, station in the republik of Yemen, My mother owns a shop for knitting and sewing supplies

15. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Dad works for the city. Water Dept. Mom is a housewife. Before her cancer, she used to work as an accountant.

16. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

This was going to be a perfect moment for me to suggest they were an Apple and a Banana....

.. But Im sorry to hear about your Mums Cancer. I hope she has recovered?
    My Father was in the battles with Cancer and it was not a happy time for any of us -especially him.

17. jendi17

jendi17 Member

My dad works for the National Guard and my mom is unemployed.

18. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

my father is a highschool teacher and my mom is a mom

19. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

Dad's a chef

Mom's an OB/GYN billing office manager.

20. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

My dad is an editor and my mum works for the british goverment. She used to liaise with the CIA, and the building she worked in was featured in a James Bond film - the one with the boat chase on the river thames, that bit. :) She also used to go abroad frequently. She worked with dangerous chemicals. Now she works with the treasury.