What are your favourite lesbian films?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by vina, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Lizzie won't fonus any favors though.

2. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

Have you seen A Village Affair 1995 British television film? The film is a good one. It was honestly the most saddest and powerful lesbian film I have ever seen!

3. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

No I haven't. Is it one of those period lesbian dramas? I love those.

4. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

It is not period drama.

5. NicolaG73

NicolaG73 Members

Below her Mouth

6. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

Here is the main issue IMHO, a movie is doomed to failure if you don't like the protagonist(s). And how am I supposed to like or care about this girl when the entire movie is about her cheating on her partner? She may very well be having a sexual "Awakening" but that doesn't take anything away from her actions. The movie doesn't even present the fiancé as a bad guy either which they often do to soften the blow.

j11491 and soulcompromise like this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Mmhm. I put "High Art" too. It's the only one I know, really.

8. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

But I'm a cheerleader is the only movie mentioned that Ive seen. I havent even heard of a lot of the movies being discussed. I know the topic is films but I have to mention Marvel's Runaways. That show was so special to me. When you're a queer Japanese girl in America you get to the point where you accept the fact that you're never gonna see you represented on screen. I mean, queer white people and hetero Asians struggle with media representation. And a super hero team led by a female? Forget it kid you're never gonna see that.
    And then all of a sudden there's this new Marvel series about a super hero team led by a Japanese American lesbian. And what was so cool as they never shied away from this same sex/interracial love story and treated it with respect but it was also not the focus of the show. And I feel like a lot queercentric shows/movies have to have being gay as the main plot. It's about being gay. There is a difference between a show about gay super heroes and a show about super heroes who happen to be gay. If that makes sense (it does to me :D )
    So that show was really powerful and important to me. My demographic within a demographic within a demographic was actually show on screen and not parodied or fetishized by shown as a leader and absolute badass.

Asmodean, KathyL and soulcompromise like this.
  9. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Chasing Amy

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think Deadpool 2 has a superhero who is also gay. But it definitely isn't a main thematic element. It's a nuance. :)

11. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

lol thats right! So nuanced I'd totally forgotten about those characters. I didn't really like those movies. Know i'm in the minority there but oh well

soulcompromise likes this.
  12. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

13. Laurette

Laurette Members

My fave is "Elena Undone". The beginning of this clip includes some conversation of my very first encounter; "Once we go there, there's no going back." "I don't want to go back."

14. princess peedge

princess peedge Members

Bottoms, Booksmart, But I'm a Cheerleader...huh. I got a thing for lesbian movies starting with the letter B ‍♀️

Tags: