What are your favorite classic rock bands?

Discussion in 'Rock 'n' Roll' started by lithiumkat, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Metallica.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I hate those. They always play the same songs. The ones i heard too often against my will. A lot of those songs were enjoyable once.. and they could be again if not heard for a decade or so

Meliai likes this.
  3. EricF1976

EricF1976 Jedi Knight

Led Zeppelin, Bread, Kiss

4. lithiumkat

lithiumkat Guest

LOL They do play a lot of the same songs. But for me pretty much every single song is one I really like so I don't mind.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

same, those stations are the primary reason i don't listen to any classic rock anymore.

MeAgain likes this.
  6. The Jonesy Brothers

7. The Jonesy Boys are good too.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I have a retardedly big mp3 collection (also lots of obscure 'classic' rock) and made lots and lots of winamp playlists over the years. So yeah, those stations are avoided but that kind of rock isn't here :)

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

how much in bytes?

10. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Groundhogs, Uriah Heep , SAHB , Wishbone Ash ! Loads more The Hogs were my first live band 1972 (and I was Tripping )

11. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

12. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Metallica
    Whitesnake
    ELO
    Queen
    Eagles
    Deep Purple

13. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Spent Saturday at the Quilcene, WA moon fest. Can’t imagine a more exotic venue..At the foot of the Olympic Mts, in a grassy meadow. Great time with hippies listening to Head East!!

Running Horse likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I wonder just how regularly most of you actually listen to these bands, as opposed to indulging in nostalgia in this thread.

The Beatles and AC/DC? How are you not all completely bored of that shit by now?

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Just for you I searched the Currently Listening To thread to see the last time I posted a Beatles song, which would have been the last time I listened to them, it was May 19.

I have only 1 classic Rock radio station preset in my car and the vast majority of the time I'm not listening to it, so I haven't experienced much Beatles fatigue. To me right now listening to Magical Mystery Tours, which I haven't heard in awhile, seems more stimulating than hearing some new generic Trap or Pop song.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Fear Factory

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, I could easily go the rest of my life never hearing Hey Jude or You Shook me all night long ever again

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Of Beatles song I like, Hey Jude is definitely high on the list of fatigue along with Long and Winding Road. I probably wouldn't actively listen to those.

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Classic Rock is a term that originated in the '80s.
    Just a marketing gimmick.

I listen to some songs from the '40's, lots from the '50s, '60s, and early '70s. Then I taper off and only occasionally listen to anything from the late '70s on. Rock took a turn to hard stuff like AC/DC, KISS, and Van Halen, bands I don't particularly like. Not that I don't like hard rock if it's done well...Deep Purple was great until they hired that guy that screams a lot. Led Zeppelin was great...although I really don't consider those bands hard rock, although they are labeled as such. I mean how many hard rock groups have a classically trained pianist (from age 5) like Deep Purple?

Running Horse likes this.
  20. Gr8tefullydead

Gr8tefullydead Members