What are your areas of expertise?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Posthumous, May 4, 2007.

1. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Are you an assassin? [​IMG]

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

no, I am a Sailor in the United States Navy
    I have blood on my conscience though

3. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

The only thing worse than having a strong military is not having a strong military.

Thanks for holding the line.[​IMG]

4. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I'm good with the Beatles, history, music (not just bands---I'm good with music theory and whatnot as well), words, and that's probably about it.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

6. myself

myself just me

foreign languages
    computers
    the Internet
    digital pics

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Uhm, I don't have an expertise really.

Knowing everything would probably makes you insane. Quite imperfect.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

interdiciplinary. putting two and two togather when they are from widely seperate and differing field of interest and study. i'm not sure i'd call it an expertese exactly, just something that i spend a good deal of my time doing. especialy when they involve combinations like nature and energy and transportation infrastructure.

i probably know more then the average person these days about flanged wheel on steel rail and other guideway based systems, especialy since half of them that intrest me the most, those built to minimal proportions, seem to be something most people act like they've never heard of nor immagined.

i'm still not really any kind of solid expert in any one given field, but i do study and read widely in the tecnologies and have a pretty good idea about a lot of things.

mostly things other people take for granted. things like how to dovetail tecnological gratification into environmentaly sensative and responsible life styles.

these are the kinds of things that intrest me, and interesting me, get most of my study and attention.

=^^=
    .../\...

oh yah, and i do use 3d software to try and illustrate what i have in mind, and sometimes, very rarely because i'm much less good at it, the occasional story telling or feeble atempt at it.

but my 3d illos are the main output thing that i do. and you can see them on the web and a little bit of my phylosophizing behind them in my pages on elfwood and biorust and a few other odds and ends here and there.

all free to download, print out, throw darts at or what have you, with the usual fair use disclaimer that i do like to be rememered as having created what i do.

i make no secrets about where i'm comming from, but i do actualy put good wee bit of thought into it.

=^^=
    .../\...

9. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Simple paint programs (hate adobe) like photo philtre, twisted brush, ms paint, Art dabler.
    Draw simple comic book style novels.
    Play at least three instruments, but mostly guitar.
    Use multi-track digital recorders.

I can paint portraits of people on canvas , or abstracts in oil.
    I have done signs for bussinesses, and murals for relatives.
    Once I was making the drawings for a novel the publisher of the magazine
    was writing.

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Training potential trainers on how to teach their staff how to include kids with special needs. I wish I could do it full-time. I do it on a freelance basis now and in 5 hours make the same I would working an entire week at my full-time job, get put up in 4 and 5 star hotels....I am now a Kimpton addict. I wrote one killer highly published article and ever since then my work life just changed...pretty good for a 25-year-old girl who can't pass spanish or keep her car clean.

11. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

nothing :D

well, i am damn good at getting kids moving when all they want to do is play video games....

12. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

Writing, billiards, chess, cocaine trade in South America, jazz history.

13. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

The Beatles, Johnny Depp, everything 60s, dance, famous authors/activists/artists, anything animal related, places who should be boycotted, the environment and ecosystem.