what are your and your partners Love language?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by talon66, May 21, 2021.

1. talon66

talon66 Members

Sometime ago my wife and I read the book " The 5 love Languages" I resisted at first and then finally gave in. So glad I did. I was surprise to find out mine and Glad to find out hers, It did make things better, happier and more romantic. SO what are your Love language? I discovered that mine are Touch and Affirmation.

FWKbi likes this.
  2. FWKbi

FWKbi Members

Intriguing, until I read the last sentence I was thinking "oh no not another relationship book", but your Language of touch and affirmation seems without ever giving it a thought before, similar to what I feel love is. I just might try it. FYI, I have with 2 previous gf agreed to read a book with them, they were very happy for us to read aloud the part that talks about the man, but as soon as the subject switched to the women in the relationship, the book closed and was never opened again. One book I remember was the men Mars woman Venus

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Albanian. "Shoum ta doa e dashuri teem."

4. talon66

talon66 Members

a woman friend of mine gave me the men are from mars....book after I read we dated for awhile. I guess reading it was a test. we no longer date but we are close friends today

5. FWKbi

FWKbi Members

The 2 women that wanted to read books wanted to "fix" me, I was actually very open, I knew I had a lot to learn and have always been open to becoming a better person. But for both of them, they couldn't face that they had any flaws. I was disappointed because I thought it would be fun to grow together.

I got to admit, I thought men Mars book was contrived to sell a book, but still thought it could get you thinking and have concepts taken from elsewhere, but I would have liked to find a not so commercial book.

6. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

My love language is quality time. That is followed closely (A few percentage points) by acts of service. My spouses language is words of affirmation. That being said I also feel this is all about selling books about human relationship and not the relationship itself. I base this on the number of variations to the basic title that have been written by Gary Chapman. He has a teen edition, men edition, military edition, and even a business edition. To me that is overkill of the basic concept expressed in the couples book. Oh well, there must be money to be made.

FWKbi likes this.
  7. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Love language? WTF? Homey don't play that. Me and my wife are BFF's and roommates living in the same house. Been together for 23 years. I'm not her better half and she is not my better half and we can live without each other. Imo we are not in the quid pro quo relationship where sex is making love. I live my life and she lives hers but we live together.

As a matter of fact yesterday afternoon I was in the garage and she was in the house. She phoned me and said do you want to go up stairs or do what you're doin in the garage? (My bedroom is up stairs) I said does your clit need to be licked? She said, "something like that." So we went in I took a shower and we did the nasty and didn't face each other. We never smooch during sex, we fuck and suck and cum a lot period.

Several days ago I walked in the kitchen and she was bent over looking in the fridge and her ass was fucking calling me. I said, "do you mind if I fuck you where you are standing? Just don't move an inch. She said sure go ahead.

Sometimes I walk in the house and ask for a blow job. Sometimes she says, mind if i suck your dick?

Our relationship is uncommon for sure but it is the best of the best of the best. Once I unexpectedly went down on her after coming home from work early and she had more than the usual discharge in her vagina. I told her so. She said Leroy just left so enjoy the treat.

This is our language, this is our humor, this is the way we play house together.

We laugh like children, live like lovers and roll like thunder under the covers. I wouldn't change it for the world.

FWKbi likes this.
  8. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

My wife’s parents are from Cuba and Nicaragua. She grew up in Los Angeles. The predominant Latin dialect in California is Mexican but it’s harsh and full of slang. Mexican is to the Spanish language what German is to European languages.

But she was raised on the Cuban and Nicaraguan dialects. They’re much closer to traditional Spanish. Despite Cubans speaking too fast, Cuban and Nicaraguan dialects still retain that passionate emotion of traditional Spanish. I’m not sure what OP is referring to, but my wife has woken me many nights whispering Nicaraguan Spanish in my ears. It drives me crazy.

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

For those obviously not getting the OP
    Discover Your Love Language - The 5 Love Languages®
    The “languages” are:
    Physical touch
    Acts of service
    Gifts
    Words of affirmation
    Quality time

My partner and I were in the get to know you phase (pre sex, just in public hangouts), when I asked if he knew the book.
    Not only did he know the book, he had his top two languages.
    Touch and quality time.
    Those appear in my top three (I took the quiz after the discussion), along with words of affirmation. Neither of us mentioned acts of service in our conversation, but I noticed we do small acts constantly, from meal preparation and clean up trading to automatically getting refills of drinks (water, coffee), and offers of trading the daypack with water bottles back and forth. ( I automatically put it on as I always hike or walk with one.)
    For both of us, gifts ranked at the bottom. Yet we have given small gifts already.

what’s curious is comparing the love language you prefer to receive to what you tend to give.
    You need to express in both your language and theirs, I feel.
    I tend to acts of service and words of affirmation, then time and touch. I know now that the touch and time are more highly valued by my partner, and I make sure those needs are met.

talon66 likes this.
  10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like to speak eloquently to her. :)

11. talon66

talon66 Members

I was reluctant at first when my wife asked me to read and then it was suggested by someone else. I was glad I read it. It says that everyone has that one primary LL and the secondary one can change from time ot time. i/we know that my primary is Touch. And my secondary is words of affirmation. But it can change to acts of service also. My wife's primary is acts of service secondary is gifts and quality time. Although I have found that gifts not in the traditional sense. she prefers when I make her something or give her something of sentimental value rather than monetary although, she will not say no to flowers or a nice piece of jewelry :) . And your right sometimes we find ourselves giving each other the languages that we desire or need.

drumminmama likes this.
  12. DapperBuff

DapperBuff Members

I’m not sure this is exactly what the OP was going for.

talon66 likes this.
  13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I can just imagine how Jane would react when I turned the light on in the middle of the night and started reading from a book. :)
    Particularly when I had to ask her to go downstairs and fetch my glasses. :D:D:D

14. DapperBuff

DapperBuff Members

Acts of service

15. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Ah yes that's our language. The other night my girl asked me if I would service her. Sometimes I ask her for servicing. So i guess that's our language but the love thing is an entire different topic for us.

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Who even knows anymore. Mine is physical affection, which I definitely haven't been getting enough of. And quality time as well. I spend a lot of time with my partner, but I can tell she takes it for granted. She looks at her phone constantly and doesn't listen to me when I talk to her, or seem interested at all.

17. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

18. myndtyme

myndtyme Banned

Probably it's too lewd n crude to mention here :):):)