What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'TV' started by Fluffernutter, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I've been loving these single camera sitcoms--Scrubs, Fresh Off the Boat, Real O'Neals. I have Blackish and The Goldbergs. These are the Family Ties and Cosby Shows of the millennium.

If you like zany and raunchy, you could do worse than It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and, my personal favorite, Broad City.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm all caught up on It's Always Sunny, its one of my faves. I have been meaning to give Broad City a try, it came on after another show I was watching and the few minutes I saw looked pretty good. I've never heard of the Real O'neals but I just looked it up and I'm intrigued

3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

We are watching American Horror Story, just started. Friends of ours told us about it, that it's ''soooo good,'' but if I have ONE nightmare, I'm out. :oops:

4. Noserider

Real O'Neals was only two short seasons though.

But as a child of the 80s--OMG Martha Plimpton.

If you like Its Always Sunny you'd probably dig Broad City.

Didn't know you liked It's Always Sunny. That's so rad. One of my faves too. :)

5. Noserider

On my queue :)

Deidre likes this.
  6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Do you like horror? I can take or leave it, but it can really fuck with my head. lol For a while! So I'm worried. :p

7. Noserider

I'm not a huge fan, but something about the show is intriguing regardless

8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

It's not about happy endings, which I don't like stories with the predictable hero takes all, and the bad guy loses. Sometimes in life, the bad guy wins. That's why Game of Thrones is so good...because it's real. Well, with dragons and white walkers :D

9. Noserider

Dude...Game of Thrones. OMG

I just got into this show. I know, I know. I'm late. But we're about halfway through season two.

It's a soap opera in the middle ages with boobs and decapitations every five minutes. But it is so intriguing and the way each episode ends, I HAVE to watch the next episode

10. candys

candys Visitor

Watched "Wild" over the last few days. True story, and the movie isn't bad, but the book is better. Part of me wants to do the hike, but not a chance doing it alone like she did.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I second Broad city, but its best with a toke. Not sure how you watch it when its not on a streaming service like Netflix or don't wanna buy it on DVD. I watched it on CC and became quite frantic about not missing an episode (tv watching, the old way! :grinning:). Happily it got broadcasted here on sunday evenings :)

12. Noserider

It's on Hulu. That's where I watch it, kween

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah hulu is how i'm able to watch it. I'm digging it so far, they remind me so much of me and my friends when we were in our 20s. Exaggerated for tv of course

Noserider likes this.
  14. Noserider

Glad you're liking it.

15. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Watching The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, and one of the special guests tonight was magician David Blain. He put an ice pick through his left hand. Dude really creeps me out, damn good trick though.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

Carbanaro Effect and Impractical Jokers...

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I used to love watch David Blaine magic when he was the Discovery Channel

18. Noserider

Oh Emm Gee

Brienne of Tarth, how I love thee

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I deeply regret saying this a few episodes in lol, they dont resemble any real person at all. I was just basing that on their weed smoking hijinks in the first episode.

But the show is fucking hilarious

20. Noserider

Eh...

I have a lot of Abbisms. Though, I take Hobby Lobby and Big Lots over Bed, Bath, and Beyond, my obsession with cute home store coupons, as well as a less-than reputable bestie I can't help but love, it's too familiar. Plus we're equally awkward and neurotic.

Now, if I could only have her ass...