What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'TV' started by Fluffernutter, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Cookie Man

Cookie Man Senior Member

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

on NetFlix (U.S.)

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

First episode had a "holy shit!" moment

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

Caught another episode last night just wanting to kill time. It's a good show! :)

They're gaining momentum it would seem - something I didn't expect to be honest. The computer industry and it's humble beginnings are front and center in this series. So far, really interesting portrayal of the initial market for PCs in the early 80s w/ major mentions for IBM, and later apple, as they pertain historically to the industry. Fascinating and only semi-fictional with immense potential for growth and expansion, Halt & Catch Fire is reasonably interesting for anyone who has an interest in computers, their history, and (where it gets really fascinating) they're future! ;)

mysticblu21 likes this.
  6. soulcompromise

I'm up to episode 11 or something. It's still in the 80s, and they're discussing modems, networks, and telephone lines! :D I couldn't be more pleased with the direction they're going with this. At first glance the character development foreshadowed a corporate element that I figured would likely stamp out the flames of innovation... Nope. They went the other way! :eek:

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Started watching “The Boys” on Amazon Prime. Interesting spin to superhero characters...with very sinister agendas!

FB7B8200-F66E-4195-9BF9-15A64AAE3F81.jpeg

hotwater and mysticblu21 like this.
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

A 2016 BBC adaptation of "A Midsummer's Nights Dream".

9. soulcompromise

My trainer at work reports she watches "The Crown" on Netflix (via cell phone - don't know if I could do that) on her lunch; which is only a half-hour, and not enough time to finish an episode of anything I've started ("Halt & Catch Fire", "Private Practice"...).

Has anyone seen "The Crown"? What's it about? :)

10. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

I did not expect it either! At all! I agree that the landscapes are beautiful up that way. I traveled a lot in my 20s and never made a habit of going to the northwest area.. I wish I had more!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  11. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Nope. "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" (narrated by Boris Karloff, Bwahahahaha); (1957), "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"; (1964), and "A Christmas Carol" (George C. Scott the definitive Ebeneezer Scrooge; Edward Woodward the definitive 'Spirit of Christmas Present'); (1984).
    Great thing about memory deficits; you can watch the same thing every year and it never get's old (only you do).

scratcho and mysticblu21 like this.
  12. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

I know what you're talking about! See how that one ended up..

mysticblu21 likes this.
  13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Always top the evening off with--It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia with a couple of episodes.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  14. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Yes! And I totally thought that was going to end completely differently. Awesome ending.. between that and Cobra Kai coming back I am excited for 2021 TV!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  15. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Yes they totally nailed it to get the older and younger audiences. Not many shows have the capability. I cannot believe Ralph Macchio is pushing 60. He does not look it at all! And I never thought so when he was younger but I kinda think William Zabka is a fox! Lol he's just funny and dry, it makes him appealing, at least to me. I love how out of touch his character is with the modern day technology and stuff. So much fun to watch. I love the Karate Kid movies too! They were on constantly when I was I the hospital after my C-Section with the boys lol. I was like yes! :laughing:

mysticblu21 likes this.
  16. soulcompromise

Last night I watched an episode of Private Practice because I was feeling kind of lousy. It helped! :) Sometimes the overall feel of your show can really influence mood.

For example, the show has an emphasis on psychology, and it helped me assess my own psyche. It was kind of neat. ;)

mysticblu21 likes this.
  17. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

Yes same! Daniel always had that little boy cuteness to him, not the type that I wanted to jump his bones lol But I definitely think Johnny is hot now. And when Kreese was younger (in the 80s) I always thought he had that tough kind of handsome thing about him. Now he's a little out of my age range lol but he kinda did it for me a little when he was middle aged. Either way, cool storyline!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I caught some of the Twilight Zone Marathon on the SYFY Channel this New Year's Eve - Excellent as always

mysticblu21 likes this.
  19. soulcompromise

Private Practice hands down has the most prominent effect on my moods. Free therapy... The way Sheldon and Violet conduct themselves is meaningful, enigmatic, and personal. That level of maturity and understanding is uncommon in my life I fear, and a welcome respite from the debacle of day-to-day life in Western society.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  20. lostinitall

lostinitall Members

started watching the series Grimm... and i'm rewatching Vikings, cause it's my fav ever