What Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'TV' started by Fluffernutter, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Working moms.

I dont even know why I started watching this because I thought it would be stupid, but its actually pretty funny

2. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

The "Frogger" episode of Seinfeld.

[​IMG]

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Smilf

The name is unfortunate. And sometimes the main character is really flaky and dumb and a big pushover and she annoys me. But the show is really thoughtful and realistic and I would even go as far as to say it is excellent sometimes. Started out as a B+, has gone to a solid A in its second season for me

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

UC Irvine v. Oregon.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nothing.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The elite 8 in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol I have watched The Norsemen on Netflix. I recommend it to anyone here!

I saw it was available on there for quite some time but skipped it as I expected some standard over romanticed drama/adventure about a viking community, but it is actually comedy in the first place. And what kind of comedy! Excellent! Just watch this shit will you?

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I liked Norsemen too. I've looked up some of the Norwegian language stuff on Youtube. Similar to Japanese animie fans I wanted to see if the show had more meaning in the native tongue.

10. Asmodean

Freaking loved it. I want more seasons! The voluntary slave. The elderly men living in secret solitude after they skipped out on dying honorful. Arfid and of course Orm... fantastic :D

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm gonna add The Norsemen to my list of things to watch based on your recommendation, Asmo. But only because you said it was a comedy.

Santa Clarita Diet season 3 is on Netflix, this pleases me!

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm pissy that "Bones" isn't on Netflix. Still watching "White Collar" for another 2 or 3 seasons. At one or two episodes per night that will take me between 20 & 40 days. Yay! Seriously though, next up is probably Bones. I have a Forensic Science course I registered for coming up in the fall and I think I want it to coincide with my watching "Bones". I would make it CSI but I've already seen that.

13. Asmodean

Definitely comedy. Which I didn't expect. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

14. Asmodean

CSI in all its variations (Miami, NY etc) is one of those shows I instantly zap away from :p I'd rather resort to english or scandinavian detectives again :D

15. FattyDomme

FattyDomme Members

"Billions" on Showtime. Season 2 is starting off slow... and I want to see the BDSM more!

16. Norsemen – I'm not usually a fan of Viking stuff, but this was funny. Dry humor, kind of a parody, but not only of that particular society, but concepts that they address could easily be translated to pretty much every society. I think they sometimes overdid it with vulgar jokes. But whatever, still entertaining. Rufus was especially funny, so snooty, so snobby. Make Norheim Great Again.

After Life – Ricky Gervais being mean to people, but also kinda endearing. Enough said.

Black Earth Rising – one of the best shows I've watched on Netflix so far. It has a lil international law, genocide, ethnic conflict, politics and international involvement in Rwandan genocide, as well as in modern Rwandan political system…basically all the things that are ummm interesting to me. Plus John Goodman. Some of the scenes were so powerful, I found myself watching them over and over again. It's not a very comfortable show. Will watch again.

Asmodean likes this.
  17. Asmodean

^
    Check Gervais' stand up show Humanity out as well if you didn't already ;)

Orm and Ruphus of Rome (and the voluntary slave) made that show Norsemen imo. Awesome!

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  18. It's on my list.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Top Gear lol

I'm not even remotely into cars but I find this show so appealing for some reason. The hosts are entertaining

Also i've watched a couple of episodes of Norsemen and I like the humor (thanks for the recommendation @Asmodean ). I think i'll watch more this weekend

20. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I watched season one of The Returned (Les Revenants) on Netflix. Very binge worthy, far superior to The Walking Dead in my opinion. It's French though so if you don't speak the language you'll have to be content with subtitles.