What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by awfulbeautiful, May 20, 2014.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I played KOTOR and Jade Empire (and both still have them) for my first xbox but I am completely done with them. They were a lot of fun but once I finished a singleplayer story completely (and in the next years move on with the new gaming standard) it appears I just have little use for it anymore. The only games I finished and still start up sometimes for fun are things like Red dead redemption, Skyrim or Assassins Creed... so generally free roam games which are still fun to wander around in awhile after you were done with it). I rarely go another time through the whole story (did so with RDR and the second AC and tried to with Skyrim :p). But I can be a very slow and thorough gamer when I play it the first time: like when it is a good looking and intriguing setting I literally explore the shit out of it. So generally there is little use for me to go another round :D

I'll start up my 360 tonight again I think: go further with AC: Rogue or maybe even some GTA5. It's gaming season here (winter) so I am getting in the mood for it again :-D

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

If you were selling(and I had any money), I'd pay good money for the xbox and those two games. lol Like I said, they're two of my all-time favorites. Right now, I'm playing Shadow Of Mordor for PS4. It's pretty decent. Violent as fuck. lol

3. Asmodean

I looked that game up, seems like I would have fun checking it out too :)

Anyway, my original xbox plays copied games too and I only have KOTOR and Jade empire as illegal copies :p I do have original games for it too though! Too bad you're on the other side of the ocean and it would need to be shipped hehe. I guess I just need to find someone closer near me that wants to pay for it, there must be someone :p What is a reasonable price for an original xbox that can play copied games too anyway (incl. some original games and a shitload of copied games :p)? I can't imagine it could be much as I see used 360's getting sold for less than €100 these days.

4. TopNotchStoner

You'd probably be surprised. There are lots of people who would love to have the original xbox, including myself, especially if it comes with a shitload of games. Depending on how difficult they are to find, you may end up getting a decent amount of money for it. Last year, I saw a N64 for $25,, and that was just for the console and one controller. lol

5. Asmodean

I actually can imagine a N64 selling for more than a first xbox :D Just because it becomes more of a collectors item with classics like goldeneye, ocarina of time and mariokart. I have all those games and the machine but I think my N64 might not work anymore. That's what you get if you store it in a barn at your parents house... :p The first xbox got some mighty classics too of course (besides Jade empire and KOTOR what about Ninja gaiden for example! Recall that one?) but they are not regarded as legendary as those N64 games and probably never will. They could still make some good money though (I hope)!

6. TopNotchStoner

Yeah, I suppose you're right about the N64. It had some truly iconic games. Goldeneye and Orarina Of Time are two more of my all-time favorites. Conker's Bad Fur Day was pretty awesome too, imo.

7. TopNotchStoner

I bought Dragon Age: Inquisition today, so I'm playing that. It's pretty awesome. Not sure if I like it more than Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor though. That being said, I haven't accomplished much in the game, so I'm sure it'll get better.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

9. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

cubits
    we come here to play a game of cubits through absorption refection and polarity
    we take it in our sensational world reflect on it and roll the little cubes into material being
    you can intone bread

10. Asmodean

I got the first one on the 360 and always think of that one when I hear something about Dragon age. This new one is supposed to look really nice right? Also in the outside open world? The first one sucked in that aspect. It was only bearable in the dungeons. The outside 'levels' were so ugly I didn't even finish it :(

11. TopNotchStoner

Yes, Inquisition is a beautiful game, aesthetically speaking. it's also very character-driven. I never played any of the other DA games though.

12. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxzpKf7f990

13. TopNotchStoner

I ended up taking Inquisition back and trading it for Far Cry 4. lol

14. Asmodean

I lost interest in Dragon age but Inquisition does seem really good. But I'm looking more forward to explore Kyrat as well :D I still haven't played Far cry 3 yet (which I can borrow and was thinking of trying before 4).

15. TopNotchStoner

You should definitely play Farr Cry 3. It's one of the best FPS's I've ever played.

16. Asmodean

Thanks for affirming. I certainly will then! Setting in 4 appeals more to me but I don't wanna/should spend money on it yet anyway. Hope I can wait so long I can play it on next gen! :p :D

17. TopNotchStoner

So far, I actually like Far Cry 3 more than Far Cry 4, and that's saying a lot, because Far Cry 4 is pretty fuckin' awesome. I think I just like the story better in Far Cry 3, and 3 also has a pretty awesome villian by the name of Vaas(he's the dude on the cover of Far Cry 3 and he's fuckin' insane). In fact, the "insanity" theme in Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite things about the game(there are even quotes from Alice in Wonderland on some of the load screens to illustrate that the character is falling down the proverbial rabbit hole), and how the main character starts out with the main goal of trying to save his friends, but lines start to get blurred as he is influenced by the island's natives.

That being said, Far Cry 4 is still pretty fuckin awesome(visually beautiful, as well, but so is Far Cry 3; even though it's on PS3 and 360), and I may end up liking it more than Far Cry 3, or at least just as much, after I get deeper into it.

One thing in Far Cry 3 that I definitely prefer over that of Far Cry 4 is the leveling-up system, but that's just me.

But yeah..........if you like FPS's, then you should play both of them.

1 person likes this.
  18. Asmodean

I only like FPS with an adventuring/exploring or roleplaying aspect to it these days. If it is just shooting in a pretty environment I get bored quickly. There has to be something that makes you want to play through it, usually a good storyline or fun developments in the character(s)/setting. So I reckon Far cry is probably a good FPS for me!

19. TopNotchStoner

Yeah, Far Cry 3 and 4 are definitely games you need to play then. The XP system makes it rewarding and, after single-handedly clearing outposts of enemies, you just feel like a badass. lol

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I thought Far Cry 2 was better than 3. Both were fun but 2 had more realistic weapons. Like they were rusted and shitty and they would jam on you because they were supposed to be old unless you could find a new one and they were not common. I had never seen a game with that detail.

1 person likes this.