What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by awfulbeautiful, May 20, 2014.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Uhmmm, it's not an "either or" situation. you can still play games occasionally and get a degree.
    My 19 year old daughter does it, why can't you?

I have a few "in progress", Skyrim. Mass Effect, still need to finish Oblivion, X-Com, as far as RPG's.
    also been playing a bit of Age of Empire II (updated STEAM version) and recently bough a few "graphic adventure" genre games on sale on STEAM, "The Next Big Thing" and "Runaway, A Road Adventure".
    They are the old school, "hunt-n-peck" graphic adventures, but the production values are top notch and they only cost a couple bucks.

Also got another "graphic adventure/RPG" game on sale called "Contrast".
    you play some kind of alter ego/avatar or something for some little girl. It takes place in 1920's jazz clubs/culture and as the main "character" you shift between the real world and "shadow world" to accomplish tasks.
    It has been pulling me in because you just know it's going to end up being weird mind-fuck storyline because I have already had more than a few "WTF?......that's cooool" moments in the game.
    I doubt it would appeal to you guys who go for the straight up shooters, but it is pretty cool thus far. Uses the Half Life 2 engine.

I really should go back and finish Oblivion, before I continue with Skyrim. I'm like 3/4 of the way through the main story line and head of the thieves guild, assassins guild, arena champion, etc, etc, etc.......

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

have you played "the longest journey"? Sounds like you would like it from your post here.

3. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Indeed, it is. I just played through it a couple of times over the past week. If you like Beyond: Two Souls, you should check out Heavy Rain. It's basically the same type of gameplay, though not as fluid. It's more of a crime-drama and, as with "Beyond", it also has multiple endings and if one of the playable characters(you play as 4 different characters in different "scenes") happens to get killed, you don't restart at the last checkpoint; the character is simply dead for the rest of the game. It's a pretty awesome game, though the gameplay isn't quite as fluidly-smooth as it is in Beyond: Two Souls.

I'm currently playing Skyrim: Legendary Edition. I'd already played through the original but, until a few days ago, I didn't realize that the Legendary Edition has so much extra content on it. so I had to get it..

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The problem for me with replaying Skyrim (with a new game/character) is that I don't wanna do all the stuff I already did... It feels like a drag to start a new game and get to Riverwood and then Whiterun again. Let alone loot all the other dungeons for a third or (ok, just bearable) a second time :p I have immensely enjoyed my first play through though so maybe I should stop whining, be content and just leave it at that :) After all I already explored the shit out of that game anyway. Still got some side quests but like I said as it seems I can't be bothered. Maybe wait a year... oh no, the graphics will look outdated then! :p

1 person likes this.
  5. TopNotchStoner

That's what I thought too, until I found out that there are 3 expansions(Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and and extention on the Dragonborn story. on the Legendary Edition. That's $60 worth of DLC included on the disc. You just have to install the expansions, which doesn't take long. If you liked the original Skyrim, I highly recommend the Legendary Edition. It was only $34-35, give or take, for the pre-owned copy from Gamestop.

6. Asmodean

That's true, that expansion were you encounter 2 dragons in the ice seems fun and the one with the vampires should be cool too if one is into that (I like that there is so much different stuff in the elder scrolls universe, you can go finish the main quest and roam around a bit and never even encounter a vampire :D I always ignored them unless they came on my path. Giants and trolls on the other hand I explicitly looked for :p), but I was talking about another playthrough in the game as I have it, which is already so in depth I didn't do nearly everything yet ;) Except I did the beginning now like 3 times so I can't stand to do the same stuff anymore :p I have to admit I am retardedly lazy/cheap with expansions, I have never bought one I think.

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

the answer to that is don't try to do everything in the game. give yourself restrictions and stick to your characters story.
    I'm a stealth archer and don't even touch other weapons types, except I have daggers, but only used them twice.
    I have limited magic abilities so no interest in any mage quests, etc., etc.

that way later I can go back and play a strict melee character or magic user, etc., etc. and in that way the next play-through will be different to some extant.
    also if playing on the PC, mods open up a shit-ton of content of every type to further keep the game fresh.
    The mod community for the TES games is the only reason folks are still playing Morrowind and Oblivion, and I'm certain will keep Skyrim being actively played for a few years to come.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

was checking it out after seeing this post, looks/sounds pretty interesting, now to find it on sale for $2...LOL

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

PS4, yes I have played them all.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

It is worth more than that but I understand your hesitance. I know I wouldnt sell mine for a penny less than $5. and I beat it twice, so I hope you raise your willing to pay price just a bit.

11. unfocusedanakin

Just beat Far Cry 4. I ended up playing a lot of games the past few weeks. Now to rejoin the real world.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

lol, nahhhh lessnotdodat XD

13. Asmodean

Also Rogue? I just got that one. Rather played Unity of course but have no next gen system.

How is Facrcry 4? It looks fun. Is the storyline short or did you just play the crap out of it :p

14. unfocusedanakin

No I have not played Unity since I traded in my PS3 to lower the cost of a PS4. I was thinking it would be backwards compatible by this point.

Far Cry is good. The main story is around 15-20 hours but you can do extra stuff. My only complaint would be I don't think the choices you make matter. I would have to play again to see but throughout the game you are picking between quests for 2 people who have different ideas on how to win the battle.

15. TopNotchStoner

Just got Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor for PS4, which is pretty awesome.

16. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

i'm playing, i will.

17. Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth Members

Platform: PC
    Games playing:
    • Dayz (mod for arma 2)
    • Arma 3 Epoch
    • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn online

18. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Morrowind game of the year edition on xbox. Been playing this game for thirteen years and its still fun

1 person likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Haha that is awesome! I had a lot of fun with that game too but although I have spend a lot of hours on it and am not finished yet I probably will not pick it up again. Still have that exact game for my first xbox too. Actually it is the only game I ever bought twice (got the original for pc)!

I wish somebody would buy my old xbox, it is too good to toss it out (imo) but too obsolete (I think) to sell :p

20. TopNotchStoner

I wish I still had my original xbox, if for no other reason than to be able to play KOTOR and KOTOR 2, as well as Jade Empire. Three of my all-time favorite games and I have no way of playing them.