What Are You Doing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Moonglow181, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Cleaning bong so that I can start on the right foot.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  2. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

I think I have the most boring ancestry profile in the western world. 98% Irish, 2% English from both 23&Me and Ancestry.com.

Well, maybe not. My mother came back as 100% Irish.

I was shocked because we’ve been in the US since the 1600’s. I followed every branch of our tree back to their entry into the US. The first arrivals were in 1620 and the last (two sets of great grandparents) were in 1911, but as I followed marriages and their branches.....the Irish just kept marrying children of Irish immigrants who then married more immigrants or children of immigrants, etc. Sounds impossible, but not hard to do in Boston. My only English ancestors were the the ones who arrived in 1620.....and their grandson married a Scottish immigrant...but all the rest were Irish. My mother is a crazy redhead.

But after 400 years I finally broke the cycle. I married a Nicaraguan. Her profiles came back as mostly Native American and Spaniard but she also has African, East Asian, Askenazi Jew, and a bunch of others.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm a bit bored. Not sure if I want to read or watch TV or play a game. I did just eat so I am resting atm so I can fit in some popcorn later. :p

4. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Wow I don't think that's boring. I'm always very surprised when someone comes up almost 100% anything. According to Ancestry I'm 33% French, 27% Italian, 13% Portuguese, 9% Native American and the rest is very small traces of African and Irish, etc. The other sites picked up on other things. Even a little Asian. I'm such a mutt lol

Lol your kids (if you have any) will have a much more varied dna test. I'm now trying to get everyone I know to do one so we can compare. I definitely want my mom to do it because she's on the European side, and I actually contacted my long lost aunt from my father's side and she's now going to do a dna test as well and share the results with me.

SouthPaw likes this.
  5. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Your results will change as more and more family members take the tests. They can “fine tune” your results by having more family samples.

My kids came in at 60% and 62% Irish and the rest matches their mother. My sister and I both married into the same family. She has a lower percentage of Irish than me (about 90%) but her kids all average about 70% Irish which pisses off her ex-husband because he thinks Hispanics are the master race. He’s an ass. So it’s important to note - our genes aren’t distributed evenly from parents to children.

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Dyeing clothing today... sooo... lots of stirring.

7. Why do you do it?

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I went into too much detail with this answer, then realised I could sum it all up as "I'm very picky about clothing colours and if I can't find the ones I want I buy pale colours and dye them as desired.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  9. Hey that's a good reason.

Good luck with all the stirring.
    Maybe fisherman could help a lil ;)

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Haha. He's just gone to overhaul some nets. Fishy stuff. He said there will be lots of bits of chewed up red mullet in them. Looovely.
    At least an afternoon of stirring is a good reason to sit around looking at stuff on the internet : )

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm having fun listening to old music atm. :fearscream::mask::smileycat:

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Having a dance around in my living room
    Waiting for eggs to boil

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Learning to change Quickly from a D to D7 Chords then I can play " Reflections of my Life" on my acoustic Cleaning my car earlier in the cold is not helping !

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Having some coffee, listening to trance, and perusing the forums.

15. ummm wrong thread

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2019
  16. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Laying in bed

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

hate cold hands when trying to play..

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

It’s a bitch.

Orison likes this.
  19. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Cracked it now I have been doing it all wrong ( the D to D7 fingering ) Just never tried to play a song that needed a quick change and back before ! But yeah cold hands was not helping (car is nice and shiny though )

20. Motion Lotion

Motion Lotion Banned