What are the main lessons that you have learned in your life?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Amethyst87F, Oct 3, 2018.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

baggy clothes still give a pretty good idea. a pretty face with what looks like a nice form under comfortable clothes is pretty damn hot.

loose sweatpants still give a better idea of someone's actual shape than a weird skin-tight dress that's designed to completely reshape them.

la Principessa likes this.
  2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I suppose so. I guess one lesson I haven't learned yet is why men like that get off on doing things like that.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Because sometimes it does work

I seriously doubt in real life you would come off as appearing low with the confidence, quite the opposite

People can't hear inside your head, looking from the outside....you look a lot differently than you think you do

I have joked with you in the past about ending up with 5 wives, you got angry with me, its kind of the same thing, in the same realm anyway. Its no doubt entered the mind of your current girlfriend as well....and this guy too

He was creepy, maybe weird , gross looking, and male, so you didnt follow through to find out what he wants. Not saying you should have, but saying you made a whole lot of assumptions on the way

Along the way to the 5 wives, you will encounter the odd weirdo guy that was disciplined too harshly by his mother ;) ;) :)

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I can think of many times where an attractive, non-weird male has approached me or someone I know... Sometimes I think these creepy guys aren't TRYING to be creepy and weird, they just don't see what they are doing differently from the hot guys. Most of them aren't going to hurt anyone. I find it funny. Being whistled at, shouted at from a car... it doesn't bother me. Even extreme cases... When I was a teenager me and a couple of other girls were messing about at a river near town, and this guy walked across the bridge in front of us. Half way across he got his dick out and waved it at us, then went on his way. I don't know. I know by everyone else's reactions that I am meant to be shocked, disgusted, freaked out.. but I'm just not.

5. beachwalker

beachwalker Members

To talk less, and listen more!

gentlesenior likes this.
  6. When someone you know loses a child, don't bring it up to them. Wait for them to bring it up. Even if it takes a very long time. Almost anything you say will only heap coal onto the fire of their despair.

And if it occurs to you to say to them "I hear that losing a child is the very worst kind of pain a parent can experience" or some other version of that pearl of "wisdom", DON'T. I guarantee you that no parent who has lost a child wants to hear that shit. Ever!

Meliai and EloiseAtThePlaza like this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

all at the same time?

are we talking about a hands-free wave hello, or was there thrusting involved?

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

She will be very popular later in life ;)

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It was about 15 years ago and the memory isn't clear enough for me to say for sure.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Main lessons?.......i'm suddenly reminded of this quote from anonymous'

Development of a Project

1. Enthusiasm
    2. Disillusionment
    3. Panic
    4. Search for the guilty party
    5. Punish the innocent
    6. Fame and honor for the nonparticipants

- Anonymous

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think that they find it exciting in some way, similar to what Meliai said. They get the thrill of the prowl, get stoked from making someone feel uncomfortable, and also get the possibility that it may actually work.

Sometime similar happened to me not too long ago at a grocery store, and it made me a bit angry because the guy was like lingering creepily at the end of my check-out line after he had asked for my number and I said no (after having followed me around the store). I am sure he was harmless, but I resented the fact that he was making me so uncomfortable and that he really had no frame of reference for the way he was making me feel. Most guys just can't relate to the constant alertness and precautions that woman have to take in order to maintain safety on a daily basis.

12. Matias

Matias Members

I've learned that in the end, love is all that matters.

Therefore we should learn to love more. Love everything more, and not just our immediate family.

13. la Principessa

I think you made a good point. They also think they're being harmless. They don't realize because we don't know them that we see them as a real possible danger to us. They could shrug and walk away when we say no, or they could go outside and wait for us with a tire iron or a gun.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

It ends up being shitty in many ways, since the vast majority of people mean you no harm, but you sort of have to act like they do.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

People are controlled by their egos in one way or another and society cultivates the expression of it.

hotwater likes this.
  16. la Principessa

Yeah. I used to walk around like I was invincible but not anymore. One day I could assume some strange guy is harmless and that'll be the one to assault me.

17. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yeah, that's one of the worse things that can happen to a person.
    The only somewhat passable thing that I heard in that regard is that time will lesson the pain...but it has to come from someone who has had the same experience.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

just that you really can't ever count on how anything is going to turn out. not in fine detail.
    statistically, the over all picture, sometimes, too easily you can.
    well not count on, but have a pretty good idea what to expect.
    just that if you try to count on any of the details, 'ouch, that's gotta hurt'.

now you do have to be prepared for the worst case,
    but you don't have to go around expecting it,
    because it isn't any more nor less likely then the best.

like any bell curve, that big lump in the middle,
    somewhere in there, well this is kind of recursive to say,
    but probability exists, and that big lump in the middle is what it is.

also the unknown is unknown so anything you want to pretend,
    well almost anything, is at least possible,
    but you don't live in a universe that owes anything to your doing so.

no your own, and not what anyone else tells you to either.

any romatically wise saying will have exceptions,
    and 9/10ths of people will get wrong what means anyway.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The experience of going through life may be intended as a warning not to do it again

20. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

A friend's dad with pretty advanced Parkinson's once advised us (at age 17 or so) to never waste an erection.