What Are Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by groovecookie, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I've never seen the movie, but I read the book and it was definitely "scary"...but then building on that site...I wonder just what the hell they were thinking about. Building on Native American burial grounds is almost mild compared to where that house in Amytyville, NY was built.

The book is based on a true story. I'd suggest reading it.

I'm rarely, if ever, interested or impressed with movies...unless it is fiction and it isn't based on a book.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

One of the better ghost movies I saw was a Spanish movie called "The Orphanage" or "The Orphan". It's less that a decade old. It wasn't "scary" like no graphic scenes to frighten, just made you think a little and was thrilling. You expected to be scared but you weren't. Which was a good change up. It had silly parts but overall wasn't too bad and a twist ending, a bit sad for the mother.

I also love "The Others" with Nicole Kidman. Another simple non graphically scary movie but had a few things going on that freaked me out, like the daughter who turned old suddenly as the mother tried to unveil her from her dress. That was scary. Lol.

I also like the first Conjuring thought puzzled as to why they made the conjuring 2 from the story they did. I can't remember the name of the story, or where... Was in England, with the two young girls. Anyway, I thought that story was proven false and the girls themselves admit to playing pranks on people who visited etc. but now they made a "based on a true story" movie? Eh???

1 person likes this.