What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by darkain, Apr 23, 2007.

1. darkain

darkain Member

3 Attempts, all have been minor success.

#1. I smoke about 1/8th of a gram of 5x. I held in the smoke as long as possible, TRIED to keep my lighter on the stuff at all time, but had to re-light once. My mind was wierd, I felt very confused, and my bed felt really uncomfortable. 3 mins later, I was fine

#2 I smoked some 10x. I found nearly the exact same effect that I had before. This time I meditated(or tried to) for a good 10 mins before. I sat in a nice well lit room, insted of darkness this time, and this time, I felt as if my bed was part of my body, again, this was uncomfortable and made me confused

#3 I had been smoking weed on this day, and still might have been alittle high. I smoked some 15x while playing video games. It made the game look really wierd. Nothing more.

Any advice on what I doing wrong. I realise #3 was all wrong, but the firs two, I held the smoke for 30 seconds, I was on my bed, I had no music or any distractions. Obviously I'm doing this wrong, with storys of people who become other objects. I AM doing this for the right reason, I understand its no party drunk. I wish it would work for me.

2. tripoli

tripoli Member

I think you are doing everything right. The main two things to remember are holding the flame to the herb and holding your smoke.

I can only think of a few things:

1) It might be inferior grade Salvia. The "Purple Sticky" kind seems to be the best regarding standardization.

2) It might just be your natural tolerance. I smoked 1x many times and never felt anything - but now I feel it.

3) Salvia isn't like acid or shrooms. It sort of takes us down to a baser level of consciousness where as acid and shrooms take us up and out. You might be experiencing all that you will personally experience from that grade of Salvia.

If you're comfortable with the feeling of it, and you're really looking for an experience, try the 15x again with some of your favorite music.

Do it just like you did before.

That's all I can think of. Good luck!

3. darkain

darkain Member

I am going to try to do it outside today. I'll let you all know how it went.

4. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

i would suggest smoking it three days in a row. if you dont feel it then, i cant help you, as it has a reversed tolerance.

or, just buy some 35x or 21x and smoke a fatass bong bowl.

5. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

To smoke salvia, you should use a torch lighter.

Salvinorin A is vaporized at really high temperatures, which a torch-lighter makes it much easier to achieve.

Maybe try buying some 20X or stronger. Also, perhaps you are not smoking enough of it.

Try to clear as much of a bowl pack as you possibly can- while holding the lighter to it the ENTIRE time. Hold the smoke until it is absolutely necessary to exhale it. As soon as the smoke leaves your lungs, you should be on an incredibly intense trip.

If one hit doesnt do it for you- take a hit, hold it for as long as you can, and take another hit right away. BE CAREFUL if you do this- I've taken two hits before, and while taking the second I was tripping so fuckin hard I dropped the lighter and the (burning) pipe all over myself.

And salvia does have a reverse-tolerance effect, unlike marijuana. Meaning the more of it you smoke- the less it takes you to trip.

Try these suggestions and good luck my friend :)

6. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Yeah just do what was previously said. There are those who are known to be Salvia "hardheads" which means they are incredibly resistant to Salvinorin A. These people need high powered extracts to acheive good effects.

7. JAYZ

JAYZ Member

Actually Salvinorin A vaporizes at 248 degrees....... and the average butane lighter flame is around 700 degrees......

8. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Salvinorin A disperses very quickly, and as you are inhaling, theres a good chance most of the smoke wont remain hot enough in gas form till it gets drawn down into the lungs.

Thus, heating the salvinorin to higher temperatures helps A LOT. Mainly because the smoke remains hot enough where salvinorin vapors travel into your lungs at a nice, active temperature.

9. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

So....using a bong would just waste Salvia? Or a water pipe?

I assumed if the air was trapped in the chamber/stem/mouth, the Salvia wouldn't be able to vaporize away into nothing.

10. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

The smoke wont vaporize away into nothing, but the active psychedelic component (Salvinorin A) will become inactive if it has not reached the temperature needed to keep it in a proper gas form.

Smoking out of a water-cooled device would likely waste a lot of the compound you are trying to inhale.

From my experiences- salvia is best smoked out of a short-stemmed pipe with a torch lighter.

11. alchemist357

alchemist357 Member

I actually like the standard 1x grade dried leaf Salvia. Yes, it is short and not as intense if it were of a higher grade. I am just using a regular short stemed metal pipe and plain bic lighter. Getting great results from these tools aswell. I dont go that far into the psychedellic trance of the substance because it is of a low grade. But, if i wanted to smoke for a period of time and just take myself to that same point, its great. I would almost call it recreational grade. And i have been doing this for the past few nights now. Only thing is that the pipe get really hot and its harsh twords the end of the pull of smoke, so you arent going to get too high to where you cant handle yourself. I can get about 2 good pulls in one bowl.

I am probably going to catch hell for saying 'recreational' from how often I smoke it. But all honesty, 1x is not that powerful to venture in the the Salvia trip by smoking. I have not yet gotten myself to the point of unconsiousness. And i dont think it ever will untill I use 5x or better. Everyone will agree with me and they say to ease into it and not over do it because it is a VERY powerful psychedellic.

Best start with like a 1/4 ounce of regular dried leaf. Its cheap and it goes pretty far. I bought an ounce and i still have like 3/4 of it left after almost 3 weeks. Doing it in a quid isnt a bad idea also, it will ease you into the trip other then sending you into it right away. But, i have not gotten good results from it. Its hard to hold all the salvia and saliva in your mouth for 30 minutes. I have an extraction going on right now for oral intake. So i dont have to have 4 grams of dried leaf in my mouth, Yuck!

But good luck on finding a way for it to be taken with ease. I know what you mean by uncomfortable, iI get hot flashes and break out in a sweat when i smoke it. Cheers!

12. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Yeah, the lower grade shit is often used more frequently.

You rarely hear of a "reacreational 20X user." Because the experience is just so fucked up, and odd, its not something most people care to experience everyday. Being 100% detached from reality and forgetting your existence and everything you know can be a terrifying feeling....

13. Haze!!

Haze!! Member

i agree 100%. my first time and only times were with 25x. i bought a gram of the purple stick salvia and two good bowl hits of that and my mind was tearing itself apart and i dont see myself smoking the rest of this gram anytime soon. i found that with salvia this strong i smoke a bowl of normal weed and towards the end of the bowl i put a little salvia in and hold my last couple of hits in. its a nice mix and it isnt as intense as the straight salvia

14. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Using is bong is the absolute best way to smoke salvia! And you don't need a torch lighter in the least. I've smoked many times with a plain old craptastic gas station lighter and I trip balls every time.