What all are you prescribed?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by etkearne, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ChrisFromScotland

ChrisFromScotland Lang may yer lum reek

citalopram for anxiety and deppresion, thats just for now though, fucking mental health diagnosis is murder, it seems to be the first port of call is depression and/or anxiety then im sure the psychiatrist just wait around untill you have X-amount of hospital room visits or just gauge how much havoc you rain down on yourself before they make the next diagnosis, alot of hmmm'n n heee'n inbetween. It's fucking clear to me i have bi-polar but just getting a basic assesment is like pulling blood from a stone.

2. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

Gabapentin aka Neurontin 300mg twice daily for sciatic nerve pain, Clonazepam aka Klonpin 2mg twice daily for anxiety, Albuterol inhaler for asthma as needed, Zolpidem aka Ambien for insomnia as needed, Tizanidine aka Zanaflex 4mg as needed for muscle tension due to sciatica, Citalopram aka Celexa 20mg one daily for anxiety and depression, and Ibuprophen aka Motrin 800mg as needed for pain associated with sciatica.

3. opiate.naive

opiate.naive Member

sorry to hear that

4. JeffSorrows

JeffSorrows Member

currently on 60 OP80's, 120 dilaudid 4mg, tramadol 50mg, concerta 72mg, klonopin .5mg, 1mg xanax (yes two benzo's and I have a reason.. anyways) 400mg Neurontin(gabepentin or whatever other name is..), Flexeril 10millis, and possibly soon methylin(ritalin IR to top off my concerta) also flex, oxy, tram, concert are all namebrand, Methylin is like a knockoff generic namebrand so kind of counts.. and I get xanax namebrands if I have a few extra dollars in my pocket, though Klons are generic yellow with a line through the other half, maybe mallinkrofdt? though works well, except makes a menthol-ly feel in your nose/throat after insufflation so trying to get that changed =] oh and from time to time temazzy's so that's always good.

5. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Those Klonopins are TEVA I believe. Those are the ones I am given at CVS.

6. dopeman

dopeman Member

you snort benzos? you said you were an emt in a different thread, wouldnt you know that benzos dont work like that....
    they gotta go into the lining of your stomach, so i guess youre getting high once you start getting the drip?
    that just seems like a waste of meds you could really be needing, but to every man his own

7. JeffSorrows

JeffSorrows Member

Yes, everyone snorting Benzo's from pill form is usually almost useless, in purer forms highly effective, and klonopin is the only one I seem to see straight crushed with a small effect, just gives relief faster. But Kpins make your nose/mouth feel like a bunch of menthol is there (which I hate, but if fucked up might as well) so don't snort your benzos! it's a waste, unless a certain few, that I forgot exact names but usually not Rxed, and just not great, anyways you get like 90% BA through oral use, and same amount if sublingually taken(disssolved under tongue), Kpins work great this way, also ativan, xanax/valium usually a odd/aweful flavors, so if you can handle it, but crushing or just taking is just fine.

yeah, but a friend of mine is a chemist, and seperates them with simple solutions it's amazing. But I can have a glycirin/alcohol like drink like a tincture so high potency, or powdered so you can snort/IV but most likely not recommended unless professionaly done, and made for it. But Kpins work snorted in pill form usually, but when seperated from fillers, it works very well. But when I crush regular xanax, if I use one nostril that eye on that side, will turn red, light feel, drip increases as you say. Then a small solution through my nose, kind of like a nasal spray to help absorb, but mainly a placebo, to keep me distracted since sometimes the ritalin/concerta get me too high so I need benzo's and if I'm low on xanax I'd snort for the weird headchange and feel/taste keeps my mind away from my heart racing, so don't have a massive fucking panic attack. but anyways I'll make it a big note above the quotes.

8. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Over the years (for mental health) I've been prescribed:

-Citalopram (depression)
    -Zyprexa (came with the citalopram for associated anxiety)
    -Trazodone (insomnia)
    -Pristiq (depression)
    -Clonazepam (Anxiety)

I took citalopram and zyprexa for a bit about 5 years ago. I still self medicate with zyprexa sometimes but mostly keep them on hand to avoid a bad trip if ever it happens. I never took one pristiq because fuck SSRI's/SNRI's, and I never took the trazodone because I was afraid of the priapism :eek:

Bottom line, I never stuck with any of my meds and always ended up getting better. Exercise, meditation and diet. Oh, and marijuana. Weed is pretty much my medication. Most of the time it helps with mood, anxiety and sleep. There is the odd time that it makes these things worse, but that is rare in my case.

Again, fuck SSRI's/SNRI's.

9. JeffSorrows

JeffSorrows Member

should of tried Lorazapam (Ativan) as it's more like valium, longer lasting than xanax and tastes as good as clonazapam (klonopin), without the minty/menthol taste/feel. Great for normal anxiety and I was issued 4 daily to prevent attacks, and if sublingually can chill a P. attack as well as xanax/klonopin.

and priapism as in a boner when you have had enough back trauma? doesnt sound good for your CNS if thats why.. but as an EMT thats what priapism is associated with..

10. Shivaya

Ativan has a higher risk of blackouts and memory loss though... I've had some before but not enough to tell the difference.

I'm not sure of the mechanism behind the priapism. What I do know is that technically Trazodone is a Tricyclic antidepressant that works as a sleep aid in smaller doses. There has been a few accounts of men getting serious boners that just wouldnt go away and ended up requiring surgical intervention. A small percentage of those men never regained sexual function. I know that the odds that this was going to happen to me were close to none, but I don't take any risks when it comes to my junk! In fact, before I was well informed on SSRI's/SNRI's, one of the main reasons I didnt like taking them was the libido reduction and difficulty reaching orgasm. fuck that!

11. JeffSorrows

JeffSorrows Member

yeah ativan does, since it is a high dose type of drug, 1mg is around 5mg of valium, so it can, but for me worked wonders, mainly because I got the right dose quickly (moving up then to the right dose rather than a estimate on weight) but whatever works for best for you and hopefully you got something working for you (chemical/organic/mental/spiritual)

And about that chance yeah, best not to mess with that. But it's benefit over risk, and if you find you benefit just fine without it, then no need for the risk! :p But most side effects are like that, (not the biners) but again hopefully you found something that works for you. Also, seems almost sure you read every side effect on all meds you've taken, or at least taken in some interest of it's effects and how it affects you, which is actually better taking care of your body like you are, since most people won't even look at the meds past the word "xanax"

12. Shivaya

Yup, I've never found anything that lifts my mood as much as doing cardio. It works for me so I'll stick with that.

As for being stable, with what's on the market right now, I'm gonna stay away from most meds. Theres some really interesting things being developped right now for depression like non trippy NDMA receptor agonists and Non-Addictive opioids (currently in clinical trials). When I get really depressed I keep an eye open for those things and it gives me hope. Either way, ideally, by the time they come out my brain will be wired better and I wont even need to consider them anymore.

13. ColdTurkey

ColdTurkey Member

120 10mg Valium
    60 15mg Roxicet

Each month.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Lyrica and Elavil.... At the moment.

15. superSklawz

superSklawz Members

Valium switched to Ativan and Tapentadol. Which works wonders over Tramadol which i also like. :)