what about those who havent heard?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by TreeFiddy, Sep 3, 2005.

1. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

What do Christians believe happens to people who grew up somewhere where they never learned about Christ, or people who are inclined to be thinking more about getting food than the mysteries of the universe? when they die, does God just send them to hell?

2. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

i dont remember the verse but there is a place in the Bible that says every one will be given the chance to choose. Everyone on earth, at one point or another, will hear the message and make the choice.

3. HippieLngstckng

HippieLngstckng Bringer of DOOM!!!

4. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I was told in my years of being a christian that they will go to hell because someone should have told them, this is why christians are sposed to be missionaries because they will then take the blame for those who have not heard the word because they did not preach to enough people, i never got a real answer in my opinion.

But I do believe I read taht somewhere too.

5. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

yep that doesnt match GOd's character. It is our responsibility to spread the good news, but manipulation is not an effective way to get people to do it.

6. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

well if i was God i would just tell them the truth when they died. when a non-christian entered the afterlife i would just say "well actually jesus is your savior" and then theyd know it and that would be that. it seems to me eternal damnation is a little harsh for a very understandable mistake.

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Would any of you christians really wanna be in a heaven with a bunch cavemen strutting around like they owned the place? [​IMG]

8. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

lol yea how would heaven work if there were people in it? i mean if people mess up this world theyr gonna mess up heaven too

9. Colours

Colours Senior Member

people are in their perfect form in heaven. theres no sin

10. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

then how do they get in that perfect form? does God just zap them and suddenly they're perfect? i mean reincarnation just makes more sense to me, becoming perfect by learning through multiple lives (that is if you want to be "perfect").

also sin is a hard thing to define. it's all based off of perspective, especially those small little "sins".

11. Jorma's Branches

Jorma's Branches Member

Isn't there some verse about how sin can be punished for up to seven generations? So I guess the real question would be what if any entire family line hadn't heard. Supposing the Christian religion were true, then the choice of one person to differ from Christianity would destroy the chance for heaven for the next seven generations. And if one of those generations did the same...well, it would just keep compounding.

Assuming that we didn't all come from Adam and Eve, it's possible for multiple god(desses)/creation stories, all of which could be true.

12. Colours

Colours Senior Member

If god is all powerful, do you think it would be that hard for him to just 'zap' us into perfect form? I dont understand heaven either, it would make more sense to me if it were just a place (but not really a place) where out "souls" were gathered to be with God for eternity. But Christians believe that in the end, our bodies go into heaven, as well. So it must be a physical place. But what goes on there? Is it just another Earth? Do we start all over again? What if there is another Adam and Eve to ruin heaven?? oooooh noooo

13. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

HAHHAAAAAAAAAA

what would be the point? so he can be a puppetmaster?

that would be very boring and meaningless for him and us.

14. Colours

Colours Senior Member

No one knows why God does what he does. ( i dont necessarily believe in God)

15. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

EXACTLY that was my point

16. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

I do.

Because it's all a fairy tale based on fear, guilt and superstitious bullshit.

So, there ya go!

17. Colours

Colours Senior Member

could be ;)

18. Wolf_Bloodfang

Wolf_Bloodfang Member

From what I can tell, the christian god is an angry little kid with a magnifying glass and people are ants on a sidewalk on a sunny day, Just left to be tortured under his amusment.

19. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

kewl.

yah i've heard that alot. But get to know Him and you'll see that He is actually passionately in love with us all.

20. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

But, if you ain't in love with Him...whoops...it's eternal torture for your ass.

Now, THAT'S love!

Really, suppose you had someone who wanted to be your lover. However, they wanted you to constantly brag on them and credit them for everything. Suppose you really wasn't compatible with them and didn't agree on them and they had a really bad temper.

When you researched their background you found that they had another lover, whom they had been with and the relationship was tumultous at best. They even commanded their former lover to KILL and they DID.

So, now you are really concerned, but when you try to leave them, they threaten you with torture and then they say, "I love you so much, I am going murder my only son for you!" and they do (or allow someone else to, but take the credit).

You are scared shitless by now and want to run, but they say, "IF YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME, I WILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND TORMENT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!, YOU'D BETTER LOVE & WORSHIP ME!"

What would you think of this person? :eek:

It's REAL love or PSYCHOSIS?