What’s your opinion of bipolar people?

Discussion in 'People' started by TrumpCards, May 7, 2018.

1. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Used to live with one. Never again. Take your meds like you are supposed to then we can talk.

2. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

I have bipolar 2 disorder. Lots of people think I am crazy, it's very common for people to judge others with a mental illness. Especially people with bipolar 2. I'll just try to explain a little bit to you. My mind races so quickly it's very hard for me to focus. Sometimes I get hypomania, I've only had two full-blown mania moments in my life and I had to be hospitalized because my medication wasn't working out. I'm finally now on a medication that works for me. The one thing that confuses people is when I am happy, I'm not just happy, I feel on top of the world and on sad days, all I do is cry and stay in bed. I'm not motivated and all I wanna do is sleep. Then I'll have moments where I just want to stay up all night and hardly get any sleep. I'll wake up fully charged. My Mom has told me I say very inappropriate things and sometimes I will talk loud, sometimes I'm not aware that I am doing it. When other people's point of view, they see this as crazy because they simply don't understand it or can't comprehend it. I used to hate my disorder, absolutely hate it. Now I've fully accepted it and know I should re-think things before acting on an impulse. A few times I've gotten a little bit carried away but nothing too drastic like getting arrested or anything. I just had my family telling me to calm down and to re-think things because sometimes I can't think straight and sometimes overreact. Meditate, getting the required sleep, and exercising daily has helped me. In my opinion, everyone is crazy, haha.

Piobaire likes this.
  3. Jason1231

Jason1231 Members

Bipolar is a mental illness that can be quite severe in some cases.

Piobaire and soulcompromise like this.
  4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes matey, I knew two people (sadly now both deceased) who suffered badly from the syndrome.

5. Posterman

Posterman Members

I was married to a bipolar woman for 30 years if you didn't take her medicine she was sitting in a corner didn't want nobody to touch her. Moody as hell. Then there's other times there a bi sexual nymphomaniac. Has to get fucked and loves to get fucked by multiple men. My wife a nymphomaniac so I shared her a lot. And she loved walk around naked showing her body off .

6. Posterman

Posterman Members

After being married 30 years to a beautiful Asian bipolar nymphomaniac sex machine. I caught her cheating on me so many times I just decided to start sharing her with friends and strangers actually love women too sex was entertainment to her like turning on the TV. So we became swingers if you wasn't taking her meds he would be pouting sitting in a corner not doing anything. I get her to do her meds and she gets on the internet or Craigslist at that time or we go out do some local gay clubs bring her back a woman or man. Or I'd take her to a gloryhole. We even hosted swinger parties at our house

7. vonShadowwalker

vonShadowwalker Members

I will let you in on a secret. All the best of us are. Stark raving.

Piobaire likes this.
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I think that at times they suffer greatly; a suffering I know little about. As I'm privileged to not struggle with the same suffering, I'm therefore inclined to be a bit more generous with my compassion towards them. While it can be challenging at times, it's not "somewhat of a chore" but an obligation I owe to other human beings.
    Lordy knows there have been times in my life when others have extended to me the same courtesy.

9. Kyandi_konexxx

Kyandi_konexxx Members

I have one uncle that is bipolar and another that is paranoid schizophrenic. One on my mom’s side and the other on my dad’s side. My bipolar uncle has frequent and random bouts of uncommunicative periods where he ignores my father’s phone calls for his own justified reasons. There was never arguments he just retreats. then later usually a week, he pops up to call my father as if my father never tried to reach out to talk to him. My opinion of bipolar people or anyone suffering from an illness is to let them be. I don’t push them, I’m not aggressive with them, I don’t judge them.

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Last night there was an episode from the show I'm watching, "Private Practice" with a bipolar character.

With any mental illness, there is suffering. Bipolar is no exception. You would think that being in a manic state a person might be overjoyed. But the more I observe it, the more I realize that mania is not comfortable. It's uncomfortable and completely unnatural. The difficult part is that to see the person, you'd assume they're just happy or happier than normal. They tell you they're happy or fine, and our usual reaction is to be dismissive of that. Beneath the surface there is SO much going on.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster of uncontrollable unpredictable ups and downs. I've never been diagnosed bipolar; though I am emotional. I lived with schizophrenia in a bad way for my 20s and 30s, but in more recent times (I'm 41 next week) it's gone.