We've covered School shootings. Now lets tackle Chicago.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NotMyRealName, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Pretty lengthy thread of the recent rash of Mass School shootings and a lot of points have been made.

Lets change the area of concern with this one.

In Chicago as of March 4, 2018 there have been 370 shooting victims. So far this year. Last year for the whole year they had 540 total.

Tracking Chicago shooting victims

Or for an alternative CNN version of it. Which is even more staggering.

Chicago sees drop in murders and shootings in January - CNN

So how do we stop this madness?

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  2. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Easy. Deport the African Americans. Problem fixes itself.

machinist likes this.
  3. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Ehh... I mean... ehh... throw millions of tax dollars into inner-city education programs that will hopefully somehow change the inherently violent inner city black culture in like 20 generations.

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Thermo Nuclear war. Then reincarnate on Krishna Loka. Repent ye sinners, the future is high.

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Confusion is sexy. But not in this case.

6. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Confusion will be my epitaph.

But not in this case.

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Just what we need. Another racist troll to waste our time. Don't feed him, and maybe he'll crawl back under his rock.

8. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Nothing racist here. It's a proven fact that by far most of the gun violence in Chicago is perpetuated by African Americans.

In Chicago, A Stark Racial Disparity In Gun Violence

This is very much a racial issue... but because I bring it up doesn't make me racist.

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

The majority of rapists are white. You advocate deporting white men to solve that problem?

10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

OK wait. If the population is say 90% of a certain race then it stands to reason that it will be that race that commits the most crimes. I don't know the population demographics of Chicago. Further I don't know yet how that compares with similar demographic of another racial majority in another city. So I'm not going to say that we can agree with you at this point. I didn't say we won't. I just think we need to let this shape into data that was can use as we discuss the solutions.

And as your link does discuss that the population of blacks is declining I think we can start to go from there to see what the picture looks like compared to other examples I'm sure everyone will take the time to research.

11. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Well... here's some data for you, so that you can't say that you don't know that AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE STATISTICALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR BY FAR THE MOST VIOLENT CRIME AGAINST OTHER AFRICAN AMERICANS IN CHICAGO AND THE US AS A WHOLE.

https://www.usnewsc.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/race-and-homicide-in-america-by-the-numbers

About 90% of black people nationwide are killed by other black people.

Chicago's demographics, which you could have easily googled yourself instead of claiming ignorance:

Demographics of Chicago - Wikipedia

32% black. Which parts of Chicago do you think most crime is centered at? Take a wild guess.

12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yes I have heard of the same statistics. But that usually has an explanation by those that find disagreement. So I'd like to see what other data can be presented that would lend itself into another direction.

13. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

I th9nk black people actually have a lot of privilege. Theyre allowed to complain about everything and call everyone racist and its ok. They can just do no wrong. And then the white people just stick up for them for some reason.

Let me quote MLK: Judge not on the color of your skin, but on the content of your character.

What that means is yoh dont just get a free pass because youre black. You still have to be a good person no matter what color yoh are. And if you are a good person, it doesnt matter what color you are.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Bears suck. Of they could Tackle maybe we see them in play-offs more oftened.:p

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Here is a census data tool. American FactFinder it uses zipcodes so here is a link to the zipcodes for chicago. what are the zip codes for chicago - Google Search There are 94. We can use the socioeconomic data about Chicago to draw conclusions about racial demography, household size, income, and other things like median age etc. It's interesting what you can learn about a place. And there is more information at the Bureau of Justice Statistics Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS)

What are other ways we can study this topic?

EDIT: I'm wrong about it only taking zipcodes. You can type in "chicago" and it works just fine. Nevermind about the zipcodes.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

So much for an intelligent,thoughtful conversation on the socioeconomical factors at play here

It must be because they're black and therefore inherently violent, eh

Okiefreak and soulcompromise like this.
  17. Noserider

I get this reference!

My partner is a huge Bears fan. Apparently we went to college with someone who eventually played with them or something.

Irminsul likes this.
  18. Noserider

Ever noticed black violence is usually crime related? Gang violence, holding up stores, stuff like that. But with white people, it's like cannibalism, killing their own kids, really fucked up shit?

That's got to mean something.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Shhh you're not supposed to say anything bad about white people here. The victimized white males will start whining

But yeah absolutely. White people are the ones who do the really psychotic crimes

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  20. Noserider

We should send them all back to Europe.

Okiefreak and Tyrsonswood like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.