Western Men: How Often Do You Get Hit On/asked Out/cat-Called/stalked?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by StellarCoon, Jul 24, 2016.

1. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Just curious. A question for men who grew up in westernized countries.

I've had a few "odd" experiences...

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This is something that happens?

Eric! likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

however often i hang out with my gay friend.

2 people like this.
  4. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

other men don't count!

Eric! and wilsjane like this.
  5. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Depends on where I hang out, and how I'm dressed. Dressing better always helps. I find I get attracted looks/comment/etc. when I'm least expecting it.
    Went to a pawn shop recently to look at a guitar for someone back when I was married but hanging on for the right time to exit. Not the time I needed a relationship.

I had some very attractive gal watching my every move...even as I was leaving. Rare moment, the stars must have been in perfect alignment that day. Maybe she had a disease
    she wished to share with me! lmao.

StellarCoon likes this.
  6. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Never in the west.
    Every time I'm out in SEA, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a couple of hours.

StellarCoon likes this.
  7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I've been aggressively hit on by women, they tend to be extremely attractive and obviously know it and are full of themselves.

It's actually very off putting. I was also once accosted on a late night bus to sleep with some drunk girl there by her drunk friends.

All in all they've been unpleasant experiences because they don't stop for a moment to even learn my name or what's going on, it's just sex sex sex.

This post is actually not sarcasm or satire. I realize this is exceedingly rare, and I'm not saying I'm brad pitt, but this stuff does happen to men, we just usually don't talk about it too much, i attribute it to immaturity on the womans part. Fixation can happen to any gender, and sometimes it is a woman who is fixated on going home with a particular guy.

Eric!, StellarCoon and magickman like this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    I would attribute it to that most men don't find it that off putting if it really happens to be an extremely attractive woman. On a sidenote; a lot of men might react wrong in such a situation because they're a bit flabbergasted (i mean in general the hottest ladies don't take that approach, so most guys don't expect or are used to that).
    I only experienced the unpleasant feeling you describe when i got hit on in a bar by a girl i really didn't want that kind of attention of.

To answer the OP: rarely get catcalled or asked out, or stalked for that matter :p But it seems i get hit on superficially on a regular basis, like just flirting (but since i usually don't act upon this kind of flirting in a serious way it could just be between my ears... some of the time :p)

StellarCoon likes this.
  9. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Never in my life. I guess I'm just that unattractive. Anyone with half decent vision could testify.

StellarCoon likes this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I've had a few women comment on my cars so "gold diggers" I guess but that is it.

StellarCoon likes this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

and sometimes even when i don't hang out with him. he occasionally sends me slightly inappropriate emails when he's drunk. he is supposed to inherit a bunch of money though, so i did agree to his "if we both hit 50 and aren't married yet" proposal.

eh, you're young. i think this really doesn't start to happen until your late 20s generally. younger women have too many options to bother with it.

12. barefootconservative

Makes sense. Though I have a suspicion I won't be one of the many options.

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I'm not a western man, so I can't answer that part, but I can say that I have never asked out, catcalled, or stalked a man. And depending on how you define "hit it", I don't think I've done that, either.

Eric! and StellarCoon like this.
  14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i suppose technically as long as you're interested you're an option. that doesn't necessarily mean you're an option she's interested in, but still an option.

that said, looking back at my youth i had a lot of opportunities that i just didn't recognize at the time. i can pretty much guarantee that there have been women/girls interested in you at some point, whether you realized it or not. of course, they may or may not have been people that you wanted interest from.

Eric! likes this.
  15. barefootconservative

Possibly. Although it makes more sense to say they weren't interested in me. I'm just not boyfriend material, and I think women have a way of sensing that. They seem to have a lot more instincts. If you know what I mean.

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Have You Had Any Guys "Hit On" You...???....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

17. barefootconservative

None that I know of. That is to say maybe I did but I didn't register it that way. Very unlikely for me to have that happen, though.

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Other than on a few occasions at a party when women who have been drinking too much have grabbed me to prevent themselves from falling over, it has never happened.
    Girls openly 'cat calling' guys is quite rare here in the UK and those wanting to proposition a guy tend to be a little slower and more discreet about it. Fortunately I have never been stalked, but it did happen to a friend of ours back in his younger days. I knew the girl in question. She was a very nice person, but just developed this insane crush on the poor guy who was not attracted to her. Sad really, they may have made a great couple.

StellarCoon likes this.
  19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah. i don't know that their instincts are particularly accurate, but they do tend to get their gut feelings and roll with them anyway.

20. barefootconservative

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Meaning anyone whose instinct was to pursue me had terrible instincts.