West Virginia

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by hippie_chick, Jan 18, 2005.

1. hippie_chick

hippie_chick Member

Anyone ever come to west virginia or know of any festivals going on here ?:)

2. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I used to live there - there are some very good ones at sunshine daydreams - Jerry Garcia's Birthday Bash being outstanding, plus the All Good festival at Marvin's Mountaintop. Depending where you are at - Hookahville might not be that far from you in Ohio and Floydfest in Virginia. They had a great festival in Lewisburg a couple of years ago - the Mid-Atlantic Music Festival which unfortunately did not repeat - it was fantastic. WV is a GREAT place to be if you like festivals - perhaps the only thing I miss about living there.

3. hippie_chick

hippie_chick Member

Thanks for the help. Ive never been to a festival and a friend and i really want to go to one, do you know any of the dates for the festivals you mentioned? or maybe a website that i could check out?
    thanks

4. dhs

dhs Senior Member

www.jambase.com

haven't checked in a while, but they usually have a whole page dedicated to the summer festival circuit

5. hippie_chick

hippie_chick Member

ok cool thanks

6. amberfilter

amberfilter Member

Rainbow festival in west virginia this summer, dates aren't set nor the exact location. just check the thread called "rainbow festival '05" under rainbow family for updates.
    peace.

PS I hear morgantown WV is nice, Joanie Mitchell wrote a song about it.

7. thespeez

thespeez Member

East of Morgantown and west of Cumberland (MD), there are at least two venues featuring festivals and live music. There's one near Masontown. Don't know their website-if any exists, but Walther Productions sponsors many events there. Also, check out Sunshine Daydreams campgrounds north of Terra Alta on Brandonville Pike.

8. prohibitionfighter

prohibitionfighter Member

Last Festival i got to go to was in Kentucky, it would be pretty awesome to have a nice big one somewhere way out in the boone's. I wonder if Cabwaylingo State forest would let a bigger festival take place there.

9. dutch

dutch Member

There are lots of festivals in Wheeling...Italian; Jazz; Celtic just to name a few.

10. Sawyer

Sawyer Member

Camp Barefoot is a big festival this weekend out in Bartow, W.V. I probably won't go, but my friend is hosting a free Rainbow Gathering regional out near Capon Bridge, W.V. soon (8/31 thru 9/3/12). Directions are at the Rainbow Family forum.

11. mz_butterfly

mz_butterfly Guest

I'm in Parkersburg! :waves hello: