We're not a GROUP, We're a FAMILY !!!

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by TradinBill, Jun 21, 2006.

1. busmama

busmama go away

In Fl a year or so ago the permit was open to be signed by anyone who wished to sign. I think that everyone who can should sign the permit. If the rainbow is about personal responsibility, then take responsibility.

And while maybe not all the the FS and LEO's care about the forest, there are many more who are wonderful people and love the land as much as we do. Ever seen an leo cry as she told you about rounding up the dogs and having to shoot them because there was no more room at the pound? I have. Not all are afraid of hugs, some hug back. Some come out and take the time to teach the kids what some of the plants can be used for. Some are jerks who just as soon see us all in jail and our kids taken away.

We can argue all we want, but the permit seems to get signed every year. If they can't find someone to do it voluntarily, they will coerce and threaten until someone gives in.

2. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

It's so very hard for us to have sympathy for the FS & LEOs (especially the LEOs) when they held a Glok 9 at JuJu's head because the LEOs wanted the right to sexually harrass a sister...

If the LEOs are allowed to get away with the harrassment & threats, they will just continue to do so; if not about permits, then another issue will be found.

Why don't you go sign the permit Busmama; oops, can't do that because they already denied the permit that was signed for this site. Well, you can sign the permit for the site where the LEOs want the Gathering to be & when they run off the clean up crew, you can pay for the federallly approved clean up crew! The responsiblity thing is just a crock; what they really want is CONTROL!!!!!

3. busmama

busmama go away

By your reasoning then I should hate all rainbows because at one gathering a brother tryed to pull me into the woods at knife point.Oh I know he wasn't rainbow huh? People are peole and some Leo's are asses, some aren't. I think that the permit is quite a violation, but all this arguing isn't helping. If you really want to stop this permit shit you need to fight all year round for changes in the laws. Not just go into the woods and fight them then. You need to fight it at the federal level, write your congressperson, but don't have bad vibes for those of who do not want to break laws, or worse are threatened with harm and seperation from children, family, gear ect.. if the permit isn't signed. I never hear of anyone fighting the permit any other time of the year. In fact, I think I will go send a letter to both my congressman and both of my Senators right now. Of course since I live in a nasty republican state I am not sure it will do any good. Maybe you should organize something to change the laws.
    I find it hard to believe that anyone threw rocks or sticks at leo's, but whose word do you think they will believe?

4. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Well of course they'll believe the LEOs; we went to court over the incident mentioned & the judge believed the LEOS.

The problem here Busmama, is that people are being threatened, are being harrassed and if parents signed a permit to keep their child(ren) from the trama of separation, then we wouldn't hold any grudges; we really don't hold grudges against permit signers anyway; like we said before, it's a control game & they control the Family as much as they can with these threats. ('They' is more of an entity as opposed to a person) How long do 'We' as a Family let this go on, how far do we let them take it? Permits today, Porta-potties tomorrow (& a permit fee to cover the cost of the LEOs)

Most of the government is useless these days, shepards leading sheep into protective little states of mind. Nearly all the legal routes concerning the constitutional vaildity of the permit have been traveled. There are Rainbow lawyers working on this year round every year since the permit reg before it was drafted, then put into place in 1996; every year it becomes more difficult and every year the LEO presence has become more disturbing. Sure, there are some nice LEOs; but if the guys at the top of the chain were actually interested in working with us, then why don't they form the management teams with people who understand & respect the many aspects of Rainbow?

Sending letters is good, sometimes it helps & sometimes it doesn't but at least it's doing something. Gathering regardless of permits being signed or not is good too, if the folks in CO right now hold their ground & refuse to move the Gathering maybe it will be enough to change the permit regs or at least enough to get them to listen.

Oh & sis, we're not sure how you get the hate thing, never said anything about hate; more of a once bitten twice shy thing. And as a parent how would you feel if your 6-yr old witnessed a gun to his unarmed father's head?

But yea, arguing doesn't help, we just get touchy about the permit.

5. nutznfl

nutznfl Member

Personally, I go to gather with my friends and family and there arent
    75 of us in our camp !!!
    I will sign no permit..........

dont have any preferance if someone wants to take that responsibility, Go head on with it....

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

wondering, the forests here are of good size. How far apart do the camps need to be to become separate in the eyes of the law groups?
    a mile? less? more?

I do give 'em kudos for shutting the motorized trails down through Aug 20 (which kind of makes it look like they were expecting all of us, eh?) to minimize hasles. (per Denver Post article last week)

7. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

we had that conversation last year at one or more of the gatherings,,,,,, never have found a viable answer in our search,,,,, wonder if we would be looked at weird if we stopped in to one our local headquarters n asked?... :)

8. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

Shit,, ya know the answer to that,, it would be a big duh huh??

an then they would make there rules up as they went..