We're doing good work

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Aerianne, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Edit* - A great group of people but not very active year-round so I've joined another group prideindiversity.org alslo Pride in Diversity on facebook.

Hi, Everybody.

I wanted to give you the link to another thread where I talk about the work that Angel Action Atlanta is doing.

Angel Action Atlanta is a group of all sorts of people. Different races, ages, gender, sexual orientation, and so on come together as one to put a stop to the hate. We are a silent barrier of love and compassion between those who choose to protest the differences that make us who we are. We quietly spread our wings between those who are grieving, or celebrating their uniqueness, to shelter them from the hate of those who choose not to understand or accept them.

Atlanta Pride parade is a huge event that we do. We march in silence. Our presence and message is enough. We represent loved ones lost due to this hate, and stand as a barrier between those such as the Westboro Baptist Church, who loudly protest through hate. We also stand in love and joy with others who are freely celebrating their uniqueness and may find themselves bullied by such groups. After the parade we set up at our tent to reach out to those who are in need of someone to talk to, advice, support and so on. We sympathetically reach out to those who have been bullied and need love and support. We try our best to open the eyes of those who don't realize that bullying and hate is such a huge problem today.

Here's the link to the other thread if you'd like to read it. You can find our t-shirts for sale there: http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=474735&f=341

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

What you are doing is awesome! I'm still reminded of how the WBC tried to trash Matthew Shepard's memorial service. Thank God the angels on earth put the WBC to shame. Big time. Keep up the good work! :sunny:

QP

3. Aerianne

Thank you. I certainly will.

My daughter has joined too so there's another generation in this family to keep it going.

4. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

This all went down where I live. We will always remember this angel <3.

It's good to see people doing good things. I'm a member of PFLAG.

5. Aerianne

I haven't made it to a PFLAG meeting yet. I think now that I'm with Angel Action Atlanta, I'll just stay with them.

It doesn't matter who you're with as long as you're doing your part to spread the message.

6. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

That's precisely accurate.

7. Aerianne

We're fundraising for our walk in Atlanta Pride and our outreach program that carries on after that.

Please buy a tee shirt or even just make a donation.

Thank You!

[​IMG]

8. Aerianne

9. Beca012

Beca012 Member

Beautiful! I love it. This is so much better than naked glittery pride sh*t.

10. Aerianne

Thank you, Beca.

11. Aerianne

12. Aerianne

Angel Action Atlanta works with Lost-N-Found Youth, which is an organization helping homeless LGBT in Atlanta.

Lost-N-Found has a holiday wish list on-line with items as big as a freezer, to items as small as underwear and socks. http://www.myregistry.com/Visitors/GiftList.aspx?sid=4C4399D5-3789-4A77-950A-1467C3600FB2

Please buy and send a gift if it's something that speaks to your heart.

Thanks and Happy Holidays :)

Lost-N-Found Youth http://lostnfoundyouth.org/about-us/
    Angel Action Atlanta http://www.angelactionatlanta.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.