well, shoot. pregnancy going from bad to worse...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by mynameiskc, Aug 26, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

as my blood pressure continues to rise, i now have blood sugar issues, too. so, instead of limited activity, i'm on bed rest, and now I HAVE NO LAPTOP!! dangit. how the hell am i supposed to entertain myself? so i'm doing the phone call thing and talking the ears off of innocent friends and family. i get up for a little while to check my emails and "talk" to people here, then it's back to bed. sheesh.

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Awww *hugs*

Hang in there, you'll be fine.

3. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

(((((kc)))))

I'm so sorry to hear this, hon....but hopefully, things get better...you're in my thoughts...

4. mynameiskc

right now it's just making me kinda cranky. i spent nearly my entire first pregnancy on bedrest, so i should be grateful that it's almost my third trimester before i'm on my left side again.

5. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

eek....sorry to hear that.....is little kai helpin her mommy out?

6. mynameiskc

yeah, she's being a sweetie, totally adorable. she loves bringing me stuff and rubbing my belly.

7. RyvreWillow

RyvreWillow Member

***hugggsss***

Do you have any crafts or other hobbies or books you can catch up on while you're miserable?

8. mynameiskc

never was taught any of that hobby stuff, but i do have a few books. i read to my daughter, play with her, practice her counting and her abcs, until she loses interest. i had the laptop today, so i was able to do all kinds of reading, but not tomorrow.

9. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

Good time to learn as any.

At least you have your daughter to keep you company.

10. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

If I was tehre Id give you a massage :) and come do something fun with you :p

11. mynameiskc

thanks. i'm beginning to think mirrors are the devil. i was so big after my last pregnancy, and was just beginning to get over it and the meds they gave me. now i'm right back being HUGE. i hate it. it was okay when i was still able to get up and around to excercise and stuff, but now i'm not allowed, and my weight is really start to fucking bug me.

12. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Hugs sweetheart. Just keep reminding yourself that as crappy as this is right now, it all will be well worth it in the end.

13. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

((((((((KC))))))))

I can empathise. I spent about 6 months of each of my pregnancies on bed rest. (Went into labor more than 3 months early every time, and wasn't allowed to move much, or I would start contracting.) No lap top, either (we only had the internet for the last pregnancy anyway, and only had computers for the last two pregnancies.) At the time I had Sage, I had joined a Library which would bring books to "shut ins." They'd bring you whatever you wanted. (the womyn who was my contact said she loved doing my books, as most of the stuff she had to pick out for the people were romances and mysteries.) Will your library do this?

There is a group called Side Lines who gives phone support for moms of bed rest. I used them with Sage, and it was really helpful.

Love and hugs, I hope it goes quickly.

14. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

I was going to suggest some sort of library thingie. If they don't have a home service, maybe you can ask you husband, or friends to pick something up. Most libraries probably have their catalogues online, so you can choose from home, and maybe reserve something.

15. mynameiskc

that is an AWESOME idea. i'm such a bibliophile! i'll call them.

16. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

here's hoping you have found a livrary service or hat a lot of nice people have sent you lotsa books!!!

:)
    I cannot say how many beanies I ended up knitting during my bed rest but there are times now when I look back with a slight sense of nostalgia at my beanie knitting days!!!
    :D
    ok, ok they don't last too long but neither will this lovely lady and you sound like you have a lot of lovely distractions between your little one and the books!!
    :)
    take care and loads of loving
    :)stephanie