Well, Midterms are Here. Now What?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walkoflife, Nov 6, 2018.

1. As for Washington.......
    [​IMG]

tumbling.dice and Meliai like this.
  2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

They argue over which crimes are worse than others, pad the numbers and add it all up. Then one can use a lot of "Yeah, but..." statements and easily prove that one party is better than the other.

WritersPanic likes this.
  3. Matias

Matias Members

Yeah, I think that happens due to human nature to "be better than someone else". Count up the crimes, pad the numbers, scream you're better than the others. That's a lot of politics today.

4. Matias

Matias Members

I have no doubts that the KKK has diminished in power over time. There was a time where they were very powerful and lynching folks for looking at them wrong. That time has now passed (thank God).

BUT, I do not see where you're coming from with equating all white people to the KKK.

I have many many colorful friends of all sorts of nationality, and never once have I been mistaken for a member of the KKK.

Don't live in fear friend. I think you'll come to find that most people are not being viewed as part of the KKK.

Noserider, GuerrillaLorax and Meliai like this.
  5. Avoid using your personal experience as a benchmark for all of society.

What's hilarious is hearing that Donald Trump "supports" the KKK/Neo-Nazis/Skinheads over the last couple of years. Can you imagine what life in the US would be like if a billionaire actually did throw resources to the KKK? I certainly can, and thankfully we are not anywhere close these days.

6. Matias

Matias Members

No trying to, just saying, I haven't had anybody in my life accused of being part of the KKK. I too have never been accused. I think it has a lot to do with attitude. Act like a supremacist, get labeled as one. Act like a loving person, get labeled as one. (Hopefully) There's a lot of "judging by the cover" that most people do.

Of course, I have no idea what your life is like. I just choose to believe that we all have colorful and vibrant lives of our own, with struggles and wins all personal to each person.

And yes, I can imagine what it'd be like. And I am too thankful that they aren't as well funded or organized as they used to be. Or could be.

Okiefreak likes this.
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Really? I never heard anybody make that association.

The Klan was historically the first of the major racist groups, and I think people still react to its reputation. The Klan may be declining but white racist and nativist/western chauvinist organizations are growing rapidly. Hate groups have grown in the U.S. for the past three years, the latest count by the SLPCC estimated at 954. Neo-Nazi groups experienced the greatest gains--22%, to a total of 121, and Neo-Confederate groups like Dixie Republic compete with KKK on its old turf . The Loyal White Knights branch of the Klan marched at Charlottesville, alongside the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights, Identity Evropa, the Rise Above Movement, the American Guard, True Cascadia, and others too numerous to mention. Add to this militias like the Promise Keepers, "Patriot" groups, Christian Identity groups, the John Birch Society, and AltLite nativist fighting groups like the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer, and we have a disturbing network of radical right nativists on our hands--armed and dangerous.

Matias and GuerrillaLorax like this.
  8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'll have to take your word on that.
    I'm white and live in the US and have never once experienced that.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

10. Which is all you need to "prove" your take on this. It never happened to you, so it simply never happens. Brilliant!!! You and Okie should form a club.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But you didnt say it happens to you, you said it was common.

But it has only happened to one white person in this thread and you're the only person i've ever heard make the complaint - so how common can it really be?

Okiefreak likes this.
  12. Again, a ridiculously small sample to be making such an assumption. We have maybe 3 dozen people in the political forums that are active. Not even worth calculating. If you're so certain I'm wrong, fine, go celebrate or whatever. Otherwise do the scientific thing and try to find Pluto instead of insisting it can't possibly be there.

IJS

Also, I'm just over 1% Nigerian, but I look like a generic saltine. So my perspective could be different.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ok so
    Where's your sample
    How do you know it's common, what are you basing your assertion on?
    The burden of finding Pluto is on the one who claims it exists

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'm just going to say it.

This has never happened to me because I'm not a racist. Only blatantly racist white people are going to be associated with the KKK.

GuerrillaLorax likes this.
  15. There's that. And of course when the KKK was at their biggest and boldest MOST white Americans wanted nothing to do with them. I'm sure that hasn't changed. But then, I hear the KKK is expanding exponentially and will probably have a presidential candidate by 2020.