Well, Midterms are Here. Now What?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walkoflife, Nov 6, 2018.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's not part of the campaign. the candidate doesn't need to look good; the point of political ads is to make the other guy look even worse.

2. Oh yeah. Weird that I forgot.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Seems to be a little confusion on impeachment, the House votes on it like a jury, but its the Senate that votes on conviction, and it has to be a 2/3 majority to actually remove a President from office

Means there is fuck all chance of ever removing a President from Office by impeachment unless it was something really really really bad

Nixon resigned before trial in 1974 and he was Republican and you had a Majority Democrat Senate at the time

Clinton in 1998 you had 45 Dems, 55 Rep Senate, and Clinton was Democrat, no chance of a 2/3 majority, there were 5 Reps that voted not guilty

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's right. There isn't much chance of impeaching Trump unless he maybe committed treason. Still, if what he did is bad enough, it might hurt his chances in 2020.

5. He did, he defeated Hillary in the election even though she got the ever-useless to discuss "popular vote". That's really really really bad. And Trump is mean, especially to _______________________!!!!!!

6. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

"As another election year spectacle has come and gone, and as we inch closer to irreversible, cataclysmic shifts in our climate, we are reminded that our hope is in each other, in relationships of mutual support that bind us to each other.

Many of us have very differing opinions about engaging with electoral “democracy” and its (f)utility, but we find common ground in voting everyday with our bodies, putting our whole weight towards our dreams and desires, rather than merely one strip of paper or button on one day. In Florida, as another proto-fascist (DeSantis) ascends to power, we continue to plant the seeds that we know can take root and bring the fortress down." - Bonds Not Ballots

scratcho likes this.
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Anybody who gets in his way or tries to stand up to him.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If you believe Trump’s former attorney Michael Cohen, trump is an unindicted co-conspirator to a felony .

Cohen said that Trump directed him to knowingly break campaign finance laws.

The only thing on this earth preventing trump from being indicted in Federal Court is his status as president. That’s more than enough to begin impeachment proceedings in the house. Sure they don’t have the votes in the Senate, but the fact that he’s impeached in the house is sufficient enough to make him a 1 term president.

Btw: once he’s a civilian again, he’s open for prosecution

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

[​IMG]

10. hotwater

Evidence that pigs can fly...lol

[​IMG]

scratcho likes this.
  11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

@ VG's Post.....Mmmmmmmm......Bacon......:yum:

Cheers Glen.

12. hotwater

A political argument with potentially long lasting and serious repercussions and all you can think of is bacon ….[​IMG]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Bacon....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GLENGLEN likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

.......or

Nothing has changed in the last two years

14. Same as the Clintons. They're part of the same country club class.

15. How I longed for it every morning I woke up in North Africa. I did sneak in a box of Slim Jims though. The site contractors were very happy to get them. They lamented how they were deprived of the 3 Bs (Beer, Bacon & Babes).

hotwater likes this.
  16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

17. Regardless, they're both magnitudes above the serfs. I don't expect either to give a flying crap about anyone beneath them. So far, it's just as it seems. Splitting hairs about which side is fucking us the most seems pretty useless when both sides are fucking us and most of the 3rd parties are waiting in line for their turn at the great American cash battery. It's still amusing to watch anyone try to explain why their party is better than another.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

How ridiculous, all those links.

Take that one from the Atlantic, no link to Trump and 1930s america whatsoever, other than he is white.

You could do exactly the same article with you instead of Trump being linked to lynching photos, because you are white

19. Matias

Matias Members

Yup, now that the results are in, my day is continuing just like it has any other day honestly...

I hope for the good of all that acts of aggression, senselessness, and anger are limited. I really don't want to wake up to news article of people killed over the mid-terms.

Right on. For most of us, tomorrow will be the same as yesterday. It's not very often that anything happens to benefit the lower classes. We're just not that important to the ruling classes - in my opinion of course.

20. Associating ALL white people with the KKK is common in the US.

Lately so too is inflating the KKK, (a series of disconnected, often conflicted groups whose only link to the original KKK is costumes, photographs and flags) to the status of being one of America's greatest national threats.

Nevermind there's more Bloods and Crips in Detroit than klansmen in the whole country, math smath!

I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the "fear" of the KKK resides exclusively in the minds of drama queens. I mean really, every weekend I can read about gang related shootings in several US cities. How often do I hear about a Klan shooting?

The closest I can come to was the county next door when some white people (never proven to be KKK) waved confederate flags and brandished a gun at a birthday party in a park for a little black kid. One got 13 years for that stunt, his accomplice got 6.

Nobody held any marches for them. Why? Because regardless of their color, they were menaces to society as a whole. A lesson we need to spread, liberally!