well, i bit the bullet and i'm paying money to try out some "ethnobotanicals"...

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by nesta, Aug 22, 2005.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

i'm already familiar with salvia extract and realize that these plants CAN have definite psychoactive properties, particularly things containing harmala, mescaline, or DMT.....

i just ordered what is supposed to be a rather large peruvian torch cutting. despite wanting dried flesh, i figured it would be easier to just order from within the US, and i have trouble finding US retailers with dried cacti.

i also wanted to try out some milder substances that aren't hugely well known. for 10 bucks i ordered a gram of powders kanna, which i've heard almost universally good things about on erowid experience reports. due to budget i only got one gram, thought it would have been far more economical to get 5g for like 20-some dollars. i also ordered 50g of blue lotus. i know both of these are supposed to have pretty mild effects, but they sound like they are definitely effective and they sound rather pleasant. it would be nice to have some legal/semi-legal substances that have noticible pleasant effects without being completely overwhelming like salvia extract or maoi/dmt preparations....

i can smoke pot and have no problem with finding, buying, or using it. however, sometimes i want to relax without getting "fucked up." if these are as nice as i've heard, it will be great to be able to unwind or get a little boost throughout the day without fear of getting caught smoking pot in public, without having to smoke cigarettes (i'm trying to get nicotine out of my life), and without having to get drunk.

i'm looking forward to my first trial with mescaline, and i'm equally thrilled to get my hands on kanna and blue lotus. (while i'll experiment with the various way's i've heard of using these substances, i anticipate my first experiments to be insufflation of the kanna and steeping a few grams of the lotus in a cup of wine overnight before consuming)

2. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

tell me how the mescaline goes i want to try it i have two san pedros growing but there too small,im thinking of ordering some bigger cuts

3. nesta

nesta Banned

from the reports i've heard of people using san pedro and peruvian torch, usually you have to eat too large a quantity and its too foul tasting to eat enough to get really vivid visuals, but then the visuals aren't really my only concern. after all, i rarely, if ever, get strong visuals from mushrooms or acid, and still find the experience meaningful enough to come back to it again and again. the only really visual things i've had were 2C-B and salvia, and salvia is a bit intense for me to do it often, and too short lived to be of the same type of usefulness as other psychedelics, and 2C-B is rather rare. i used to have it all the time for a couple months, now i wouldn't begin to know where to get it. besides, 2C-B didn't have the same depth for me that things like acid or mushrooms, or even salvia, do. so really, lots of visuals, while fun, isn't a sign of a necessarily really good trip.

4. nesta

nesta Banned

i mostly got the cactus because i want a more traditional sacrament than acid, and shrooms are very familiar to me. mescaline isn't even chemically related to acid or mushrooms, and is supposed to have a pretty different feel to it. i just want to get a taste of it before i decide if i like it enough to spend the money on large quantities of cactus and learning to do an extract to get, if not pure, pure enough mescaline to have a really powerful trip from it.

5. deadonceagain

im not looking for visuals at all im just saying my cactus are like 6" inches and are going to take some months to get big enough to use, and i dont want to wait months,i dont use psychedics for visuals if i want visuals ill go to sleep ahah.

6. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, thats cool. i wasn't saying you were. i'm just saying basically i don't really know how the feelings compare to acid or mushrooms, and since i dont usually have many visuals on acid or mushrooms even if i do get them from the cactus i wont be able to compare too very fairly. just preliminary observations, prior to actual consumption

7. SoFarAway

SoFarAway Friendly Fried Guy

peruvian torch, been there man... it was a blast. I did go beyond the visual barrier, I was jammin with some indian tribe of differant versions of myself... it was strange.

Anyhow, don't just try to eat the cactus, you'll never do it just eating it. It's EXTREMELY bitter.

I ground mine up in a blender, allowed to dehydrate then crushed to powder and sealed in large gelcaps... made the whole experience much better.

Trust me, eating 10+ inches of bitter cacti will make you vomit profusely and this coming from a guy with an iron stomach.

8. nesta

nesta Banned

right. i think i want to use it fresh, so i think my best bet is making cactus jello shots with cut up bits of it in there...essentially the same as gelatin capsules, only better tasting and a lot easier to swallow...for me, swallowing more than about 6 to 10 pills (even small ones) consecutively REALLY makes me choke on them eventually.....i think it may be easier this way, even if i get a little bitter taste to it.

9. nesta

nesta Banned

hope my experience is as out there as yours was, man. i'll need to save it for a special occasion, though, i think. of course just using a new psychedelic sacrament at all is a special occasion to me....

10. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

blue lotus extracted powder is decent but the flowers suck--i can't even get off by making it in tea. and don't bother smoking it.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

damn, oh well. i dunno, i've heard good things about it, though, especially when combined with wine.....

might be worth a shot, anyway.

also, i imagine with the amount of confusion surrounding these plants that it's not at all unlikely to possibly get a slightly different (perhaps wrong) species of a similar plant....

only a few are reported to have much of any effect...

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i dont get it. weed 'fucks you up' so you want to try mescaline?

:S

13. deadonceagain

different drug, different high, different experiance

14. nesta

nesta Banned

bill, must every post you make be painfully simpleminded? it's pretty obvious we take drugs for entirely different reasons and have pretty different views on lots of things, but try and actually put some effort into understanding someone elses thoughts once in a while.

weed clouds your mind, but its one of the few drugs i like to use on a daily basis.

that said, i don't like being so cloudy all day every day, and it would be nice to find other things that relax me without getting me so "fucked up"

if you'll notice i never said i wasn't going to quit smoking pot or using psychedelics, and it's pretty obvious i'm going to use the cactus for the mescaline. its one dose and it's not like it lasts forever.

is it really that hard to follow? or do you just feel like making nothing but smart ass foolish remarks?

15. MagicSwhirlingShip

MagicSwhirlingShip Member

lol nesta bill owns you in quality posts and his specialty are exactly that "understanding how/ why people think whay they do or w/e"

you just making a fool our of yourself.

16. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i think youd find most people who use psychedelics on this forum talk about weed like a weak drug in comparison, the term 'fucked up' is one people usually reserve for teh states of mind that remove them furthest from reality.

at any rate i was asking a question for a plain answer, it wasnt rhetorical. perhaps you made this misunderstanding in other posts of mine. the very fact that people use drugs for different reasons is why I would ask what your talking about when you refer to your drugs like this.

i never said anything about you quitting anything either?

weed clouds your mind? well to me, i dont call it a clouded mind. if you are so insistant on drugs doing different things to differnet people, why say 'weed clouds your mind' and not 'weed clouds my mind'?. unless you refer to the fact that its hard to do maths while stoned. but I didnt think you could do maths while on psychedelics very well. I also didnt think you could do most things better while on psychedelics than while stoned.

17. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

if the section is a small segment as opposed to a small cutting, it will have more mescaline in it.

18. SoFarAway

SoFarAway Friendly Fried Guy

Nesta, I hope you have the magnitude I had on my mescaline journey.

I'll go into some more detail on it..

I ate all the cacti pills around 5pm on a saterday night. It was about a 10-12" sized piece of Peruvian Torch cacti.

After feeling a bit of nausea, I smoked a small bowl of bud just to calm down the nerves and the stomach. Visuals set in after a couple hours, they started rather slight and escaladed like a rocket.

After watching the sunset fade, I sudden had a feeling that I wasn't just sitting in my backyard anymore. I was in the desert.. (mind you I live in Wisconsin)

Now, I had my bongos, tom-tom's and guitar out in the yard, to pass the time while I was waiting for the trip to ensue. This turned out the be a kickass idea, because before I knew it.. I was approached by a group of native americans.

These men were all very familiar and I eventually come to realize that they were all differant parts of my personality. Anger, Love, Inner Child etc..

I sat around in a circle with these men, playing my bongos and having a truely "it all makes sense now" kind of a realization on life..

It does get rather blurry in there my memory is fading...

I hope it works well for you Nesta.

19. deadonceagain

well i got like a 6" cactus that im not even sure thats its san pedro,so i plan on ordering a large three foot cactus

20. deadonceagain

this is why i use psychedelics,most of the people i know just think im some druggie,its sad people are so negative on the use of these types of drugs