Welcome to the New Hip Forums!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by skip, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

• Skip Stoner....thanks for the upgrade....and thanks for using so many of my suggestions.....
    • yes, you have permission to make the rest of the changes we discussed....
    • I think despite a couple whiners I will keep the color as is but may tweak it just a smidge if the mood strikes me.... just to mess with people... and then put it right back to mess with them more.....I love to fuck with their heads ....this power over so many peoples lives is intoxicating....are we putting the ''lord master'' under my name or is that still a secret?
    anyway thanks again brother....get some sleep....you can have 2 hours and then get back to the server farm and finish cleaning up....oh ya...do me a favor and feed hip chris....I completely forgot with all the activity....the key to his ankle chains is in my desk....he was complaining earlier that the typing had caused his fingers to bleed all over his keyboard ''I havnt had a bathroom break in twenty hours''....whatever chris.....man up brother...we all have to make sacrifices.....I told him he better not get any blood in our coffee or he wasn't getting a break for another twenty

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    ZenKarma likes this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

im getting used to it

i guess

because i have to

(thats my version of the hipforums upgrade grumpy man prayer)

Meliai, Lucy Goosey and etherea like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Who left you in charge

I need to speak to your manager

rollingalong likes this.
  4. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

With all due respect, at the moment, I’m not seeing anything positive to mention. Also, isn’t this a thread to voice concerns as well? It’s not meant as an affront but more letting you know so you can address the concerns. I voice the good with the bad, but I’m not seeing any good to post about right now. Maybe you can let us know what the improvements were in the upgrade? Maybe I just haven’t come across them yet. The only thing I can see as a possible positive addition is the trophies and personally I don’t have use for them whatsoever (rarely do the points earned mean anything, just more clutter to look at). But at least we can turn off the annoying alerts for them. And possibly a better chat, but I don’t use it so not a draw for me.

As for the negative. Two PM features I used before are gone. The Quote icon is gone. The speed is slower for me than it was before, though that may be because you’re working on the site. The list of threads followed is gone, seems it’s unretrievable. And I agree about the brightness. Some of the sites I go to are white, and they’re not as bright as this one! On those sites you can turn down the brightness and still read the text reasonably well. When you turn down the brightness on this site, it’s hard to read the text, it’s too muted with the darker screen.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You can quote simply by "reply" ing to the post you're trying to quote OR you can highlight the text you want to quote and click "reply". :)

Hope this helps.

Lucy Goosey likes this.
  6. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

Thanks, appreciate that. At first I was clicking the regular Reply button but I see now there’s a pop-up Reply that you have to click on. Just a note: you can’t quote text you bring in from somewhere else though. The quote button is more versatile that way.

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

what pm feature are you referring to?....I am unclear if the quote icon statement is part of your pm difficulty?...

lucy....we can now post big photos way way easier than before....you have photo threads and should kissing skips ass for that feature....it cost more for him to store your photos if they are bigger and hence more enjoyable.....if you have an album they so easily accessed without having go to the album in a separate tab and jockey back and forth....you can now drag and drop smaller images into the reply box from your albums or like I said post the large size using the links provided

next improvement....searching ones old threads and posts is easier too not to mention now they are actually there where as many vanished last time.....I can find my threads I started in 2009 in seconds when reminded by other threads etc....much easier to reference old material

points/trophies.....you may think they are useless....try telling that to the kids that seek out us ''seasoned'' high trophy high point people for advice ....they see us posting and see we are respected regulars and they pm us......I am currently advising some young kid having mom problems....it happens every month with me....they do this after getting flamed by some dimwit after their thread goes off the track in the public forum.....not to mention there should be a way to see who is a noob and who isnt a noob :)

skip likes this.
  8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Thanks for all the hard work you're putting in.

Some nice new features with this version. I appreciate the upgrade. Looks great!

skip likes this.
  9. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

Thanks for the reply, Rolling.

The quote button is gone from the tray of formatting icons in PM’s and public threads. It was handy. Now you have to open a bb code window and manually put in the tags.

In PM’s, you used to be able to archive the thread which would be emailed to you in html format so you could read them offline at your convenience. There was an archive button at the end of each PM thread.

I don’t use the photo albums, just shared photos in the season threads. I never posted huge sizes, though, in consideration of the space large ones take. But, I link them to my Imageshack account, does that still take up space on Hip? When I delete a photo from Imageshack, it no longer shows on Hip so I didn’t think they were stored on Hip.

I never had a problem embedding the photos. Can you explain how it’s easier now? I use the image icon in the formatting window. That’s pretty quick but is there an easier way?

I tried to search User Support earlier but the thread didn’t come up. I had to go to the main page and look for it. I’ll try some other searches and give it the benefit of the doubt.

You found me out, now everyone will know I’m a noob! Where are these trophies anyway? I received a slew of alerts for them but can’t see any.

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hello. i don't mind the color...and it seems pretty easy to use once I but my mind to the workings here....i have no complaints....

but I did want to ask what determines who I am following and who is following me....What is that all about? I am not too sure I am comfortable with that or like that wording.....

Mallyboppa likes this.
  11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

maybe not easier....but kinda the same....the camera icon 3 over from the image icon brings up your albums and there is a link there to go into your personal devices same as the image one....I didn't kow you don't use albums

lucy is my ex wifes name so ''lucy is now following you'' is a little tricky to get used too :)

12. Lucy Goosey

Lucy Goosey Member

lol {slap} Get away! Have to get used to the “following” term now. Speaking of which, some of us have lost all of our Followers. I guess the Friends is split into separate categories now, Following and Followers and you’re not automatically followed by some you follow anymore. But some of the Followers were transferred over in the update I guess but some are empty. Or am I supposed to tick something somewhere?

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Mostly Positive Here ! The following/ followed thing is strange But the chat is way better and since Photobucket Fucked up I appreciate being able to put piccys on here Direct

so its (mostly ) a thumbs up from the Bopper

skip likes this.
  14. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yes, just click on the insert button, next to the camera icon, and you'll see the quote option there for posting off site quotes.

rollingalong and MeAgain like this.
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hotstud4U69 is stalking you, 3 members are currently stalking you

16. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Everyone should check all their privacy options and preferences (under their names on right of top menu bar).

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I primarily access HF from my mobile and tablet and think this version is muuuuch more mobile friendly

It was impossible to post a pic from my phone before and difficult from my computer, I didnt want to join an image hosting site and so the only way I could do it from my computer before was to upload it to facebook then copy and paste it here (shout out to lynn for that tip)

It was a pain in the ass overall and I like posting pics so I'm glad it is easier now

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yea. I noticed also that there is no 'quote box' feature either, such that if I'm quoting a source from a web page that and I want to indicate that it's a quote there's no longer a button for this. Unless... Maybe I could just use Quote tags. I'll try it right here:

Success! It works. We just have to learn to use the tags. I think that's called HTML. Lol I don't know for sure. :)

Also the insert button allows you to insert a quote. I haven't used it yet, but I think I have a guess as to how it works. Let me try it here,

Yep It inserts the tags, and then you can paste whatever you want between them! Yippeee! I like this site.

19. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm not marked as a moderator because I'm a sneaky bitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.